Sonu Nigam twitter controversy on Azaan from loudspeakers

Texy

So basically Hindus are being asked to be more accommodating in order to get a virtual halo of 'being different from others'? Different means like Jack Asses while other so called "Indians" won't change their ways or be accommodating themselves...

It's like "hum tho aisey hi hain aur aisey hi rahenge... you wanted to be secular so the onus is on you to accept us just like we are... otherwise what is the difference between you and us living in other countries?"

If you are/were stupid, continue to be like that because that makes you different from other smart countries... :nice:

When muslims are in minority:-

"We shouldn't behave like muslim nations, we are secular, secularism zindabad"

When muslims are in majority:-

"Islam is the only true religion, you can't build temples in our country, your religion is wrong, 2+2=4, you should pay jizya, you will go to hell" 

Typical muslim hypocrisy 

Edited by kira

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Most Muslim majority nations are communal. Non-Muslims had to move out of the only Muslim-majority Indian state (Kashmir) because of Muslims. Partition of India was due to Islam, all Muslims mojority areas voting for separate nation. 99% terrorism happening in the name of religion in this world is happening in name of Islam. 

How can you escape collective responsibility totally (partially maybe, but totally?) ? If I was born a Muslim, I would instantly change my name to a non-Muslim name(knowing my ancestors weren't Muslims 500 yrs back anyways). People are different, I understand, I don't expect them to change their names, but seeing all this, Indian Muslims atleast should themselves be extra-accommodating. They should themselves stop blasting loudspeakers from mosques in the night, it's illegal.

I don't know what you are getting at here. I am against loudspeakers waking people up. Or disturbing them when they are studying or want some quiet. I thought I made that clear in my first few posts in this thread. Sonu Nigam has done the right thing. One may argue about the tone of his message or the timing, but the essential message in that tweet is a very legitimate grievance shared by many people, including many Muslims.

There is no such thing as collective responsibility. Or collective guilt. Guilt is like salvation. It is always at an individual level.

Also, why do you expect Indian Muslims to be extra accommodating, whatever that means, because most Muslim nations are communal or 99% (all your claims) of the terror attacks are in the name of Islam. What kind of logic is this? Indian Muslims or most Indians don't give two hoots about what happens elsewhere. Why should we? The loudspeaker issue is a local civic issue. We should treat it as such and reach to a conclusion with the help of arbitrators/ community elders and/or courts. Why drag random unrelated events into this issue?

3 hours ago, asterix said:

So basically Hindus are being asked to be more accommodating in order to get a virtual halo of 'being different from others'? Different means like Jack Asses while other so called "Indians" won't change their ways or be accommodating themselves...

It's like "hum tho aisey hi hain aur aisey hi rahenge... you wanted to be secular so the onus is on you to accept us just like we are... otherwise what is the difference between you and us living in other countries?"

If you are/were stupid, continue to be like that because that makes you different from other smart countries... :nice:

Aap paheliyon mein baat na karein. Seedhi tareh keh dein ki aakhir kehna kya chahte hain....

Edited by Mariyam

13 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't know what you are getting at here. I am against loudspeakers waking people up. Or disturbing them when they are studying or want some quiet. I thought I made that clear in my first few posts in this thread. Sonu Nigam has done the right thing. One may argue about the tone of his message or the timing, but the essential message in that tweet is a very legitimate grievance shared by many people, including many Muslims.

There is no such thing as collective responsibility. Or collective guilt. Guilt is like salvation. It is always at an individual level.

Also, why do you expect Indian Muslims to be extra accommodating, whatever that means, because most Muslim nations are communal or 99% (all your claims) of the terror attacks are in the name of Islam. What kind of logic is this? Indian Muslims or most Indians don't give two hoots about what happens elsewhere. Why should we? The loudspeaker issue is a local civic issue. We should treat it as such and reach to a conclusion with the help of arbitrators/ community elders and/or courts. Why drag random unrelated events into this issue?

1.  Did you being against loudspeakers stop the loudspeakers by Mosques waking people up? 

2. 99% could be an understatement. the figure could 99.9% or higher. Why shouldn't there be collective responsibility? If my religion is the most f'd up religion (or is being used for by far the most f'd activities happening in the name of religion) , it's the collective responsibility of all followers of my religion to reform it.

Ofcourse, I can't do it all alone, but would feel the responsibility, for sure. If I don't want to be collectively responsible, I would want nothing to do with the religion and would change my name instantly.

3. Forget about being extra accommodating, do you think they are even being fair? With things happening in Kashmir (it's part of India, right), loudspeakers from mosques, opposition for UCC etc.

4. loudspeaker issue is not a local civic issue. It's a pan India issue.

Aap paheliyon mein baat na karein. Seedhi tareh keh dein ki aakhir kehna kya chahte hain....

All I'm saying is that Indian Muslims should recognise that India is a different country than other countries and one of the best (if not the best) for Minorities in general and Muslims in particular to live peacefully and grow... There could be hardliners in both communities but don't you think Muslims comes out more as hardliners, unaccommodating or inflexible... everything they can quote from a holy book and say that we are not allowed to do this or that. So the other community has to accommodate or adjust...

This is like a normal Hindu quoting from Geeta or Mahabharata every time (Say Sonu Nigam saying that Holy book Geeta doesn't allows him to hear Azan or any other call of prayer in a particular time as it's against Geeta and Hinduism!).. Just an example..

It's about Loudspeakers and there has been bans on Garba or Firecrackers... Do you think SC will have courage to ban use of Loudspeakers and there is a possibility that Hindus might comply with it.. Would Muslims comply or will they bring Islam in the argument?

Just wait and watch where Triple Talaq issue is going...

@randomGuy

You are mixing stuff here.

By a local issue, I mean an Indian issue. What happens in those 50 other Muslim nations has nothing to do with this.

Kashmir, or your understanding of it, has nothing to do with this. Neither does the UCC. But on that topic, what steps has the BJP taken to implement the UCC. Wasn't it a pre election promise? 

I do not understand your question: "do you think they are being fair" Who is this monolith 'they'? How do 'they' become fair???

There are umpteen number of cases where societies have had loud speakers removed from Mosques and other religious processions by going to the courts. There are instances where these issues have been solved with the help of local cops. From my limited experience, when it comes to removal of loudspeakers, it is easier in mixed neighbourhoods. The cops are more sensitive in such cases,

But when it comes to Muslim dominated areas, it is difficult to get rid of the speakers. Those instances have been fewer. If anything, recourse for those Muslims staying there and are woken up everyday is very limited.

Edited by Mariyam

10 minutes ago, asterix said:

All I'm saying is that Indian Muslims should recognise that India is a different country than other countries and one of the best (if not the best) for Minorities in general and Muslims in particular to live peacefully and grow... There could be hardliners in both communities but don't you think Muslims comes out more as hardliners, unaccommodating or inflexible... everything they can quote from a holy book and say that we are not allowed to do this or that. So the other community has to accommodate or adjust...

This is like a normal Hindu quoting from Geeta or Mahabharata every time (Say Sonu Nigam saying that Holy book Geeta doesn't allows him to hear Azan or any other call of prayer in a particular time as it's against Geeta and Hinduism!).. Just an example..

It's about Loudspeakers and there has been bans on Garba or Firecrackers... Do you think SC will have courage to ban use of Loudspeakers and there is a possibility that Hindus might comply with it.. Would Muslims comply or will they bring Islam in the argument?

Just wait and watch where Triple Talaq issue is going...

Asterix da

There is no ban on Garba. There is a limit to the time music can be played loudly near residential areas. The garba without the loud music continues well into the night.

To answer your question, I think if an out and out ban is imposed on loudspeakers, there will be opposition by some sections initially. But things will cool down quickly. And the people will accept what the Courts have to say. 

Muezzins have been doing the azaan for centuries without loudspeakers.

Edited by Mariyam

Just ban the stupid loud speaker.

The only person who should be allowed a loudspeaker is the PM from the red fort.

I was passing through a small town in the north.

Suddenly a jeep passed  by with blaring loud speaker.For a second I tbought it was some emergency evacuation announcement ...only to realise it was blaring ads and annoncing sale in shops:fear1:.....kachcha baniyan par sale type

This still happens in small places.

Plus loudspecker announcement of water supply stopping or mosquito fogging.....bachchon or paltu dogs ko ghar ke andar rakhiye...fogging ho rahi hai.:director:

On 23/04/2017 at 2:28 PM, Rohit S. Ambani said:

Sonu before becoming a big star was a nuisance, he performed in so many Jagrata's in my colony with Pandals blocking all road space and speakers blaring at 150 decibels plus after midnight. Now he is acting sophisticated.

:rofl::rofl: That is quite possible.