Hats off to Delhi think tank!!!

Ultimate_Game

Today they promoted Nair to open :hatsoff: I say Dravid's left field strategies should be case studies in management schools.

Dravid's mantra seems to be "Fix anything which is working" and to get games under him you have to suck. For example Nair has been shyte has got every game and has in fact been promoted :shock: Whereas Nadeem who was DD's best bowler has been dropped coz there was nothing the great Dravid couldn't fix unlike Karun Nair :giggle: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game

1 hour ago, Number said:

10 matches old Uthappa opening and Sehwag batting at no. 5. rofl

Uthappa as an opener wasn't a bad gamble.  He had the game and the fearlessness to really rip apart teams.   I still think if Chaminda Vaas doesn't take that screamer of a caught and bowled off of Robin, we win that game, and 2007 WC plays out a lot differently.   

1 hour ago, Number said:

10 matches old Uthappa opening and Sehwag batting at no. 5. rofl

Historically Dravid hasn't done well as a strategist and the teams he was involved in a leadership role hasn't won anything. I mean here's his track record...

1. 2007 WC was India's worst showing in a WC since India started taking Odi cricket seriously (83). Even 92 WC was better coz there we were screwed by that godawful rain rule.

2. RBC - Dravid literally created a Test XI by getting guys like Wasim Jaffer and were one of the poorly assembled T20 teams when Dravid was involved in personnel decisions.

3. Rajasthan Royals 2014 - The team was cruising and there was literally no way imaginable for them to not make the playoffs. In fact the talk was whether RR would be able to land the 1st two spots. But Dravid made the impossible possible. He started tweaking the lineup and lost the last few matches. In fact in the last match Mumbai chased 180 odd in 14 overs or thereabouts and won by hitting a 6 which put them ahead on NRR! I've never seen such a meltdown in professional sports and is comparable to Falcons loss to Pats in th recent SB when Falcons were up 28-3

4. DD 2017 - The team is pretty solid but Dravid has in his head to somehow promote likes of Nair and Samson ahead of Pant. Pant made his name in u-19 by opening and taking bowlers to the cleaners yet he has relinquished in the middle or lower order where his skills of hitting over the top are wasted. On top of that Dravid managed to drop his best bowler in Nadeem - the guy who has a ER of 4.9 this IPL! :shock: Plus we have already seen head scratching decisions of sending Mathews up the order with Morris sitting in the dugout after his 38 (9) the previous match :no: 

My commiserations DD fans coz Dravid is as poor as it gets when he is in control of personnel or planning. I just hope he's never involved with Team India and ideally Dravid should be involved at the grass roots level to identify the younger talent, and not formulating his "strategies" :pray: I also pray Kumble hasn't picked up Dravid's tendencies :nervous: 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Uthappa as an opener wasn't a bad gamble.  He had the game and the fearlessness to really rip apart teams.   I still think if Chaminda Vaas doesn't take that screamer of a caught and bowled off of Robin, we win that game, and 2007 WC plays out a lot differently.   

If you want to rip apart the opposition is there a better option than Sehwag? And is there a better opening combo than Tendulkar and Sehwag? Didn't we all see how they dismantled padosis in 2003 WC?

Now I'm beginning to think that poor Greg Chapple was misunderstood and lot of "strategies" attributed to him were actually Dravid's brainchild :hmmm: 

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Historically Dravid hasn't done well as a strategist and the teams he was involved in a leadership role hasn't won anything. I mean here's his track record...

1. 2007 WC was India's worst showing in a WC since India started taking Odi cricket seriously (83). Even 92 WC was better coz there we were screwed by that godawful rain rule.

2. RBC - Dravid literally created a Test XI by getting guys like Wasim Jaffer and were one of the poorly assembled T20 teams when Dravid was involved in personnel decisions.

3. Rajasthan Royals 2014 - The team was cruising and there was literally no way imaginable for them to not make the playoffs. In fact the talk was whether RR would be able to land the 1st two spots. But Dravid made the impossible possible. He started tweaking the lineup and lost the last few matches. In fact in the last match Mumbai chased 180 odd in 14 overs or thereabouts and won by hitting a 6 which put them ahead on NRR! I've never seen such a meltdown in professional sports and is comparable to Falcons loss to Pats in th recent SB when Falcons were up 28-3

4. DD 2017 - The team is pretty solid but Dravid has in his head to somehow promote likes of Nair and Samson ahead of Pant. Pant made his name in u-19 by opening and taking bowlers to the cleaners yet he has relinquished in the middle or lower order where his skills of hitting over the top are wasted. On top of that Dravid managed to drop his best bowler in Nadeem - the guy who has a ER of 4.9 this IPL! :shock: Plus we have already seen head scratching decisions of sending Mathews up the order with Morris sitting in the dugout after his 38 (9) the previous match :no: 

My commiserations DD fans coz Dravid is as poor as it gets when he is in control of personnel or planning. I just hope he's never involved with Team India and ideally Dravid should be involved at the grass roots level to identify the younger talent, and not formulating his "strategies" :pray: I also pray Kumble hasn't picked up Dravid's tendencies :nervous: 

Jaffer,Chanderpaul,Kallis wtf was he smoking :giggle:

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If you want to rip apart the opposition is there a better option than Sehwag? And is there a better opening combo than Tendulkar and Sehwag? Didn't we all see how they dismantled padosis in 2003 WC?

Now I'm beginning to think that poor Greg Chapple was misunderstood and lot of "strategies" attributed to him were actually Dravid's brainchild :hmmm: 

I think Dravid is more susceptible to group-think and "conventional wisdom" than the likes of Ganguly.  Nobody here can claim to definitively attribute decisions to Dravid or Chappell.    

I'm as big a fan of Veeru as it gets.  And agree that he was the best opener for India in the 2003-2013 timeframe.   But I can see the logic of asking the senior players to take on the tougher job of finishing games while giving the job with less pressure to a young fearless Uthappa who, as he has shown for years now, can devastate bowlers on his day.   Sure it didn't work out, but it was not a totally stupid strategy.  

Just now, sandeep said:

I think Dravid is more susceptible to group-think and "conventional wisdom" than the likes of Ganguly.  Nobody here can claim to definitively attribute decisions to Dravid or Chappell.    

I'm as big a fan of Veeru as it gets.  And agree that he was the best opener for India in the 2003-2013 timeframe.   But I can see the logic of asking the senior players to take on the tougher job of finishing games while giving the job with less pressure to a young fearless Uthappa who, as he has shown for years now, can devastate bowlers on his day.   Sure it didn't work out, but it was not a totally stupid strategy.  

But being a senior doesn't mean you play players out of position! Sehwag was our best sledgehammer ever and not to use him at the top was criminal. And he's doing the same with Pant! Pant came into limelight with his stellar u-19 performances as an opener. So why play him out of position in the middle or lower order? :confused: 

I'm telling you Dravid is full of himself and his theories and would rather go with his theories due to his ego or whatever to the detriment of his team. Rather than accepting his move failed, Dravid is the sort of person who will double down and continue on the same path. These sort of people are not the ones in a leadership or strategic role. Identifying your mistake and learning from it is one of the biggest attributes you need to have in the role Dravid is playing and his track record has shown Dravid simply doesn't have the necessary attributes. Dravid may be a nice guy but a leader and a strategist he ain't. 

We need a shake up. Can't continue with this young batting order.

This is only partial picture. Lot of ICFers want a young Indian line up to represent India in t20s. They should know that a good mix is always of senior and young bats and not all youngsters. If we put all youngsters like some are suggesting in an international t20, same shyt is gling to happen what is happening to DD line up.

Right now everyone is excited because most youngsters are doing well from different teams, but Indian team can't be having this same batting order.

DD needs a shake up seriously.

No reliable player.

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We need a shake up. Can't continue with this young batting order.

This is only partial picture. Lot of ICFers want a young Indian line up to represent India in t20s. They should know that a good mix is always of senior and young bats and not all youngsters. If we put all youngsters like some are suggesting in an international t20, same shyt is gling to happen what is happening to DD line up.

Right now everyone is excited because most youngsters are doing well from different teams, but Indian team can't be having this same batting order.

DD needs a shake up seriously.

No reliable player.

The key is to play right players at the right position as well. When you get a guy like Nair to open and make somebody like Pant who has done well as an opener play in the middle or lower order, players and team will fail. In an ideal world the DD top 4 should look like...

Pant

Billings

Samson

Iyer

7 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The key is to play right players at the right position as well. When you get a guy like Nair to open and make somebody like Pant who has done well as an opener play in the middle or lower order, players and team will fail. In an ideal world the DD top 4 should look like...

Pant

Billings

Samson

Iyer

Yes that or Billings at first down with Samson and Pant opening because Samson is already scoring on top with the new ball now and he needs time to adjust and bringing him 1 down might make him start all over and he might struggle and might slow down our runrate if he comes at 8-9th over. Meanwhile Billings coming at 1 down ensured he is scoring from ball 1.