Rahane is at his worst ever form. SOoooo baaaad in all formats of the game.

WC2011INDIA

28 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Both Rohit and Dhawan have shown in the past that they are at the very least capable of performing at the intl level in shorter formats. Dhawan was our best batsman in CT 2013 and WC 2015 and Rohit in form can take apart any bowling. Rahane hasn't done or shown anything ever. Rahane hasn't even shown he can score quickly once set. The guy keeps on plodding around whether he's new to the crease or in his 30 or 40s. Mostly he gets out in his 20s or 30s in odis and simply isn't good enough. He's the modern day VVS Laxman - good in Tests but poor in shorter formats.

Just now, WC2011INDIA said:

Dhawan just scored an awesome 77 in yesterday's match. He is not a good t20 player but he has put in some okayish performances to get selected. Rahane barring the 60 has done jack ****. 

Name 3 openers for CT squad

Just now, Sidhoni said:

Name 3 openers for CT squad

Mine would be Rohit, Dhawan and Rahul (if fit). If Rahul isn't fit I would make a left field pick of Pant or anyone who has done well in IPL and can hit over the top. I would prefer Gambhir or Uthappa ahead of Rahane. In fact I would even try Manish Pandey as an opener ahead of Rahane n case of an emergency. But I've had enough of Rahane.

The point is Rahane has been around for years and played 73 odis. That's a huge sample size and he has shown no improvement whatsoever. His List A record is ordinary as well (average of 36 with a SR in 70s). How can you select such an ordinary shorter format in odis??? It's time to move on and give someone else a chance. Rahane isn't the answer to any of our shorter format problems.

Rahane has completely lost the plot. Can't play tests, ODIS, T20s....useless hack these days. Better he stops putting effort in shorter formats and concentrates on how to salvage his test career.

Rahane is a class player who is out of form but his indifferent attitude towards his form boggles me. As a player he brings stability and the aptitude to play long innings in tough conditions or when chips are down but lately he doesn't seem to add stability and his prowess to play spin has declined.

In interview he seems to ignore that his technique and temperament has degraded and always says he is a couple of knocks away from hitting a good form. He is over confident which hurts the faith the team management has on him. Also he doesn't seem to value his wicket like a Kohli, Kedar or even a Hardik. He is useless and must return to domestics.

Played a very crucial knock in 2nd test and gave a match winning partnership with Pujara.

In the final innings of final test, the way he took the attack to Australia and demolished Aussie attack was a treat to watch. In such small chases, we r used to watch India slowing down and losing wickets and reaching the target with some painful efforts.

He is indeed few knocks away from hitting the form. South Africa tour might be the place to get that form back.

Now all I said is applied only to test matches. Don't wanna see him anywhere near LOIs.

On 26/04/2017 at 8:58 PM, Pollack said:

46(41) on a very good batting surface. :facepalm:

He should stay away from t20s. He should only be a backup opener for ODIs.

Noooooo....never... Doesn't suit him the role of a backup opener too in ODIs. Should play at 5 only in tests.

Edited by DDfan2017

This guy needs to be in the guiness book of records. Such impeccable consistency. 

His fans need to jump off the bridge.

Ps: this is my prediction. Very predictable because that's what he is.

Edited by WC2011INDIA