BCCI loses ICC vote 2-8 .ICC resolution passed and Big three model struck down

49 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

Who's told u that India won't tour those countries from now on? Under the proposed resolution every country will have to play against every other countries and If any team disagrees to tour a specific country they will lose points. 

Yep, India is not gonna follow that at all. 

1 hour ago, Prince_ said:

Who's told u that India won't tour those countries from now on? Under the proposed resolution every country will have to play against every other countries and If any team disagrees to tour a specific country they will lose points. 

When we dont give a **** about ICC CT, We will give a piss about touring any country we dont want to?

15 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

got to say

pull out....293 is like a slap in the face.

There are many things wrong with the BCCI but deserve fans backing on this issue. 

400 million was offered to yous ... the rest could have been made up easily with a little more IPL or an extra series here and there. ICC would have worked to accommodate it.

BCCI should have worked that offer and negotiated for some other concessions.

This problem could have been avoided.

18 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

400 million was offered to yous ... the rest could have been made up easily with a little more IPL or an extra series here and there. ICC would have worked to accommodate it.

BCCI should have worked that offer and negotiated for some other concessions.

This problem could have been avoided.

Fair thought but the problem is its not icc's to offer.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Any amount given to ICC should have 200% tax.

I think that could have some international arbitration in the picture may be very high tax like 20 to 35 % and some additional cess etc so much as to deter companies registered in India. 

18 hours ago, Stumped said:

Even if they decided to go down what is quite a legally dodgy route (a government blocking payments from private companies to act in the interest of another private company), a quick look at the 11 major ICC sponsors for the 2016 T20 world cup and 2015 world cup and only 3 of them are actually headquartered in India.

Reliance

MRF

Castrol India

LG

Pepsi

Emirates

MoneyGram

Nissan

Hyundai

Oppo

Reebok

The advertising they're doing is largely aimed at an Indian audience. They are all looking for a share of the Indian market.

Edited by Sachinism
1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I posted a link from 2003.Did you read it?

Yes that is forex stop which is a easy route but one time and what could be the demand from pil bcci's demands are met I suppose. Taxation would be basically within acceptable levels of duty and taxation right and it will be ongoing the money wont leave India and go to Pak and to subsidies for the rich. The key would be to know the ceiling to which a GOI organ could go to impose restrictions

Shanshank Manohar's affect cannot be understated, I was telling all along what supreme court did to BCCI was utter nonsense. It had no business of meddling with BCCI and telling it how to run it. Punishing the crooks is where SC's power should have ended.

What that useless decision of SC has done is it has left BCCI naked to power wolves like Manohar and Giles. Nobody is paying attention to the fact that both these boards lost nothing even in this transaction. They gained a lot if Big three was still there but they loss was minimal after it was dismantled.

Manohar is the reason I think they lose votes of BCb, WI and Zim . Again this is massive political game which is being played by Giles and company in using Manohar to get what they want and diminish power of BCCI.

What likes of Dalmiya took years to build has been crushed by this nonsense of SC.  

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Shanshank Manohar's affect cannot be understated, I was telling all along what supreme court did to BCCI was utter nonsense. It had no business of meddling with BCCI and telling it how to run it. Punishing the crooks is where SC's power should have ended.

What that useless decision of SC has done is it has left BCCI naked to power wolves like Manohar and Giles. Nobody is paying attention to the fact that both these boards lost nothing even in this transaction. They gained a lot if Big three was still there but they loss was minimal after it was dismantled.

Manohar is the reason I think they lose votes of BCb, WI and Zim . Again this is massive political game which is being played by Giles and company in using Manohar to get what they want and diminish power of BCCI.

What likes of Dalmiya took years to build has been crushed by this nonsense of SC.  

May be this comes as a pathetic wishful thinking but the more i see Manohar the more i wonder if its an elaborate ruse for any of Sharad pawars cronies to come in and save the day, may be its a play Srini's castle or what ever remained of it burnt to the ground, India shamed and a knight in shining armour comes in and saves the day. You can not discount Sharad Parwar ever, may be SC was just in it at that time incidentally and they decided to let it playout and dust to settle down.