BCCI loses ICC vote 2-8 .ICC resolution passed and Big three model struck down

50 minutes ago, Vilander said:

445 and COA will call it a deal. I think they will meed somewhere in between 420 (No pun intended)? and all will be forgotten before CT starts.

CoA cannot call it a deal as BCCI will oppose this.The BCCI members have their rights, CoA cannot decide their revenue.CoA can only talk about the Lodha Reforms.

18 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

So what's the final decision. R we participating in CT or not. It'll be really sad if we don't. I don't think Indian public will take it easily if bcci decides to pull out of CT. 

only thing that indian public wont take easy is this whole deal of reducing revenue share, and that you would keep seeing the impact of through the years to come.

7 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

Good luck to u and everyone else who believes the same then. I strongly believe that u guys will be able to make the mass public understand the current revenue share model that has been proposed by ICC and how India is getting robbed of by all the other boards. Lol. 

hehe just wait for the rabbid indian media to get a smell of this. you have no idea.

2 hours ago, Prince_ said:

So what's the final decision. R we participating in CT or not. It'll be really sad if we don't. I don't think Indian public will take it easily if bcci decides to pull out of CT. 

Bangladesh is participating.No need to worry.

Leave the Indian Public to decide what they want to do.Dont need Bangladeshis to tell us what we should do.

How cunningly ICC and Manohar played the rookie BCCI Chairman.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/champions-trophy-2017/top-stories/routed-in-icc-vote-bcci-may-seek-champions-trophy-pullout/articleshow/58391483.cms

"BCCI mandarins claimed that Manohar - himself a former BCCI chief - had shown "absolute disregard for a legal document" signed between the ICC and the BCCI. "It's a decisive day and it'll always be remembered in history as the moment when BCCI either changed the course of global cricket forever or fell in line with what was dictated to them. India will have to live with the decision it takes going forward," a prominent stakeholder in global cricket said."

"It is understood that before the Dubai meeting, the Test-playing nations had agreed on a figure of $445 million as BCCI's share after Rai met almost all the ICC board members. This figure was calculated after deducting the money BCCI would be spending on the conduct of matches - $125 million - after getting a share of $570. But BCCI office-bearers were adamant on seeking $570 as gross amount, which wasn't acceptable to any of the full members, sources told TOI.

Before Amitabh Choudhary left for Dubai he was also told about full members agreeing to a figure of $445 million. Then came Manohar's offer of giving India $100 million extra, which would have taken India's share from ICC's revenue to $390m."

Are you guys missing the big picture here?   Sure, BCCI should be eligible for a bigger share but why are you guys advocating expanding the IPL at the cost of International cricket to get back at the rest of the boards?

Anyways, I believe creating the Big 3 league was a mistake which alienated the rest of the boards and in the end, India came out as the villain while England and Australia lost nothing.

Edited by PBN
7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

CoA cannot call it a deal as BCCI will oppose this.The BCCI members have their rights, CoA cannot decide their revenue.CoA can only talk about the Lodha Reforms.

Unfortunately all legal dealings I guess this comes under their purview read it somewhere.

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

If ICC cuts 1$ from what we have been getting so long, we need to pull out. If we don't pull out, this will set a very bad precedent where others will take us for granted and trample all over us. This is a dharma yudh, no middle ground here. 

I am never in favor of pull out as that should be the last resort but I am in favor of setting these goons at ICC straight by making them realize how unfair the whole set up is where only ome team is doing the charity work by giving all its share while others get to keep their whole pie.

I hope every nation's pie is cut into half to donate money to associate nations.

On 4/28/2017 at 5:15 PM, panther said:

This is like Ghazwa e hind but only cricket style, There are signs in this as well when the real ghazwa comes around I can see Bangladesh playing a great role from behind. 

This would be more like kicking your behind and showing you your rightful friend.