Honest and unbiased replies only!!! based on this IPL is Dhoni the best Wk-bat available in the country?

maniac

Anyway bhai log, i take my words back. Galti ho gayi, maaf kar do... Watching DD's youngsters' performance today as well as in last few games, i feel sirf dhoni, yuvi hi nahin, bring back ajay jadeja, vinod kambli and even robin singh in team india.. even they will play more responsibly than these youngsters:wall:

1 minute ago, Yoda-esque said:

Parthiv?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I think Parthiv has done well in 2/3 matches. Keeping-wise much shoddier, and we are anyway not looking for an opener. Some guys have been consistent in this IPL - Tripathi, Rana, Tiwary, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Krunal Pandya etc. Someone who has to replace Dhoni has to display that level of consistency.

Just now, DDfan2017 said:

Anyway bhai log, i take my words back. Galti ho gayi, maaf kar do... Watching DD's youngsters' performance today as well as in last few games, i feel sirf dhoni, yuvi hi nahin, bring back ajay jadeja, vinod kambli and even robin singh in team india.. even they will play more responsibly than these youngsters:wall:

I have been saying all through DD has the worst batters in this tournament.

11 minutes ago, Magneto said:

The big problem is, none of the replacements have done well enough to replace Dhoni. Pant started out brightly and then fizzled out, Kishan got a couple of decent knocks, and the rest were virtually untraceable. The only two guys who have done decently are Uthappa and Karthik, but both are inferior keepers by miles. Till we have a ready-made wk-batsman, it would be impossible to dislodge Dhoni in ODIs. In T20Is, we can try out either of the young guns.

Not considering Parthiv, Karthik or uthappa as replacement of Dhoni. That would be again looking back only. Gotta look forward. Pant has got two very marginal decisions against him in last 2 games. And again, he is a waste batting at no. 5. He should open the innings during powerplays. Take a lesson from Sehwag, how he got transformed when made into an opener from middle order batsman.

Sheldon Jackson is another option too. He seems more responsible than Pant, Ishan, Samson.

1 minute ago, DDfan2017 said:

Not considering Parthiv, Karthik or uthappa as replacement of Dhoni. That would be again looking back only. Gotta look forward. Pant has got two very marginal decisions against him in last 2 games. And again, he is a waste batting at no. 5. He should open the innings during powerplays. Take a lesson from Sehwag, how he got transformed when made into an opener from middle order batsman.

Sheldon Jackson is another option too. He seems more responsible than Pant, Ishan, Samson.

No one's doubting the potential, but it's performances that would eventually count. You don't replace a behemoth like Dhoni just by potential, you need have outstanding performances to do that. Sheldon maybe good, but he is nowhere in the picture now. Even Gambhir doesn't rate him much, it seems.

28 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I have been saying all through DD has the worst batters in this tournament.

Had Dekock and duminy been there, this would have been one of the best line ups.

To be frank, except RCB, GL and to some extent KXIP, none of the teams has a decent batting line up. Not even those in top 4 rankings.

For example, KKR has no established international batsman. Lynn was there, he is gone now. One would have never expected Gambhir, Narine to come this good. Uthappa too is an international discarded player, hasn't done much in domestic too. Pathan can't be counted. Pandey is the only good batsman, but not a great t20 player.

Same with MI. With Rohit out of sorts and Buttler looking not very comfortable, they too don't have reliable batting line up.

SRH has Warner only and a shaky opener un Dhawan. Rest of the line up can't be trusted.

RPS looks more like a test line up. Rahane not a t20 player. Tiwari no one thought would turn this good. Smith too not the typical t20 slogger. Dhoni has lost his touch. Tiwari never before looked so attacking in ipl.

So DD as batting line up doesn't fall much behind. Thing is players in other teams like Rana, Pandya brothers, Pollard, Pathan, Narine, Pandey, Tiwari, Tripathi, Ishan have all raised to the occasion whenever required, but DD batsmen r failing collectively.

Had any two amongst Pant, Samson, Iyer, Nair played to their potential or at least the way Rana, Tripathi, Pandey, Pathan, Tiwari, Pandya brothers have played, DD batting won't have looked this weak.

Edited by DDfan2017

13 minutes ago, Magneto said:

No one's doubting the potential, but it's performances that would eventually count. You don't replace a behemoth like Dhoni just by potential, you need have outstanding performances to do that. Sheldon maybe good, but he is nowhere in the picture now. Even Gambhir doesn't rate him much, it seems.

IPL performance isn't the only criterion for selection. Their performances in domestic cricket and various tournaments for India A over the years count too.

Sheldon not playing in IPL doesn't take away the tons of runs he has scored all these years.

Kedar Jadhav got selected and tasted success in international cricket not for his ipl performance, but domestic performance over the years.

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

Our T20 team is quite frankly, pretty atrocious. No power hitters, just singles and twos players and middling totals. Very lucky that we even got to the KO stage in last World T20. Needs a complete overhaul.

All credit to our Padosi for that. :yahoo:

38 minutes ago, Magneto said:

The big problem is, none of the replacements have done well enough to replace Dhoni. Pant started out brightly and then fizzled out, Kishan got a couple of decent knocks, and the rest were virtually untraceable. The only two guys who have done decently are Uthappa and Karthik, but both are inferior keepers by miles. Till we have a ready-made wk-batsman, it would be impossible to dislodge Dhoni in ODIs. In T20Is, we can try out either of the young guns.

I love how the replacements have to score in every single innings while Dhoni gets away with scoring one innings an entire tournament. And thats not good enough. 

Was. Also dhoni's away record sucks compared to gilchrist by a country mile

Dhoni never was close to Gilly at test level.Even at T20 level Gilly would be far ahead.At odi level Both played their roles to perfection but Gilly has 2 match winning WC final knocks to Dhoni one.So give to Gilly.Overall Gilly is far ahead of msd.

44 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

They have all being wrongly used.Nobody knows their role in the team. Only dravid might know. :cantstop:

You cannot lineup inexperienced  youngsters one after another in a batting order. They need to mix up. An example top order may be:

S Samson

S Iyer

Billings

C Anderson

R Pant

C Morris

With Nair out. Also you need to mix it up in the batting order. Look how MI does with Krunal, H Pandya and Pollard in the middle order depending on situation. 

Edited by Pollack

4 minutes ago, CG said:

Dhoni never was close to Gilly at test level.Even at T20 level Gilly would be far ahead.At odi level Both played their roles to perfection but Gilly has 2 match winning WC final knocks to Dhoni one.So give to Gilly.Overall Gilly is far ahead of msd.

Scoring half century chasing 132 can't be called a match winning knock:phehe: