BCCI announces India squad for Champions Trophy 2017

Is the Indian CT2017 squad selection satisfactory?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you overall happy with the CT2017 indian Squad?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Usko shami ki jaga unadkat chahiye lolemoji23.pngemoji23.png

No wonder that the quality of their fast bowlers going down over the years :wp13:

Once used to be rich in best pace bowlers, now don't have even two constantly performing Pacers.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Saha is nowhere near good enough for shorter formats .

Not even fully convinced in even test cricket.

Pant should have been blooded already but we wasted so many opportunities sigh.

Exactly, I dont mind Pant being part of format. Infact he could have been part of squad and tested against Lanka or some not important game. Directly putting him in a knockout format against formidable oppositions in alien land may spell  end of his International career.

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Exactly, I dont mind Pant being part of format. Infact he could have been part of squad and tested against Lanka or some not important game. Directly putting him in a knockout format against formidable oppositions in alien land may spell  end of his International career.

Yuvi and Zaheer made debuts in Champions trophy, sachin debuted on a freaking pakistan tour, careers don't end so quickly if you are talented

13 minutes ago, mishra said:

I am with this but Pant needs to be given chance in a bilateral series.

Arre Mishraji, we don't have a bilateral series before September against Srilanka.

How long we need to wait to watch Pant in blue jersey?

1 minute ago, kira said:

Yuvi and Zaheer made debuts in Champions trophy, sachin debuted on a freaking pakistan tour, careers don't end so quickly if you are talented

But they werent only player in that role. A wicket keeper is only role on which team relies upon.  Thats why I say, Pant needs to be part of Indian squad in very next bilateral home series.

Just now, DDfan2017 said:

Arre Mishraji, we don't have a bilateral series before September against Srilanka.

How long we need to wait to watch Pant in blue jersey?

Bhaai, Blame lies with selectors and captain who should do something about upcoming talent. If Pant and Billings play and Pant isnt keeping, then offcourse Pant is no better than Billings. And Billings is not even second in list of wicketkeepers of England

Yuvi Zaheer Dhawan all made their names in CT as debutants .Yuvi and Zak were teenagers then.

We always sent young teams for champions trophies.Our last 2013 was also the same .

Not sure where this aversion to blooding youngsters in CT comes from

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yuvi was 18 when he made debut in an alien land of Nairobi in CT that used to be full knockout tournament.. single handedly beaten Australia on debut. Despatched Donald for 3 boundaries in an over in the very next match.

Ganguly was 20 when he made his ODI debut in Australia. Came back and made test debut in England batting at no. 3. And the rest is history.

9 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yuvi Zaheer Dhawan all made their names in CT as debutants .Yuvi and Zak were teenagers then.

We always sent young teams for champions trophies.Our last 2013 was also the same .

Not sure where this aversion to blooding youngsters in CT comes from

Zaheer, debut, Kenya 2000

Yuvaraj, debut, Kenya 200

Dhawan  Australia tour of India [Sep-Oct 2010], 2nd ODI: India v Australia at Visakhapatnam, Oct 20, 2010

Edited by mishra
Zaheer, debut, Kenya 2000 Mumbai

Yuvaraj, debut, Kenya 200 Mumbai

Dhawan  Australia tour of India [sep-Oct 2010], 2nd ODI: India v Australia at Visakhapatnam, Oct 20, 2010

Wrong .

This was Yuvi's odi debut

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/66170.html

Champions trophy in 2000.Same match for Zaheer .

Dhawan had played like 1 or 2 matches when he was picked for CT in 2013.Zero experience

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

The only omission is Pant he should have gone instead of Rahane, I do not see any other selection blunders.

Spin department is another selection blunder. You won't see India taking any wickets between 10 and 35 overs.

20 minutes ago, mishra said:

Bhaai, Blame lies with selectors and captain who should do something about upcoming talent. If Pant and Billings play and Pant isnt keeping, then offcourse Pant is no better than Billings. And Billings is not even second in list of wicketkeepers of England

Pant has been keeping ever since..and he has been pretty impressive with gloves

Just now, putrevus said:

Who was omitted in your view.I do not think Ashwin and Jadeja selections are blunders.

Spinners averaging 32 and 35 with economy close to 5 can't be the two frontline spinners. In fact Ashwin has already had a longer run in ODIs than he deserves. Should be kept exclusively for test matches, like Herath, Yasir, Lyon.