Did Robin Uthappa not deserve a place in the Champions Trophy squad ahead of Dinesh Karthik?

Uttappa vs Dinesh Karthik  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have in place of Manish Pandey for CT2017 ?

• Robin Uttappa
    • Dinesh Karthik

3 hours ago, sarcastic said:

May be you missed the name of Kohli too in your list!!!:giggle:

No I did not. But after the first game if his head is not into it I will bench him for a game. That is the standard procedure and Indian management needs to learn that.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

No I did not. But after the first game if his head is not into it I will bench him for a game. That is the standard procedure and Indian management needs to learn that.

It is alright that Kartick probably got his due and also he might as well be benched. But how can we think of taking Karthick or Uthappa over Dhoni. 

For Uthappa over Dhoni.... There is not even a comparison to think one can do that. Uthappa is awful awful keeper as compared to Dhoni and although I like Uthappa the batsman he is not a replacement for Dhoni either. 

Karthick over Dhoni is also unthinkable for ODI cricket.

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

It is alright that Kartick probably got his due and also he might as well be benched. But how can we think of taking Karthick or Uthappa over Dhoni. 

For Uthappa over Dhoni.... There is not even a comparison to think one can do that. Uthappa is awful awful keeper as compared to Dhoni and although I like Uthappa the batsman he is not a replacement for Dhoni either. 

Karthick over Dhoni is also unthinkable for ODI cricket.

Dhoni is soft and lazy right now. He is a better wkt kpr but just slightly not by a whole lot. I will have both of these guys over Dhoni. Dhoni, Rohit and Yuvraj will cost India the CT trophy.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni is soft and lazy right now. He is a better wkt kpr but just slightly not by a whole lot. I will have both of these guys over Dhoni. Dhoni, Rohit and Yuvraj will cost India the CT trophy.

look at dhoni fitness does he look lazy......u wanna knw whats lazy look at rohit paunch

He is just going through a low patch which every crickter does . Also a change in technique does take sometime.

Uthappa n.karthik over dhoni hahahhaha. How many times these guys blown up their chances when it comes to international cricket. Why, temprament issue and icc tournament are all about pressure . Deaspite both being so talent n having a 360 deg game why they havent made it???? Lack of temperament.

As keeper they both suck

Uthappa series in zinb as keeper, bhajji almost wanted to kill him

Karthik brain fart keeping has been gone places from asia cup to ipl. 

Invest in kishen n pant over uthappa n karthik as time n again they have consistently choked. They ll still give u same .....

34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

look at dhoni fitness does he look lazy......u wanna knw whats lazy look at rohit paunch

He is just going through a low patch which every crickter does . Also a change in technique does take sometime.

Uthappa n.karthik over dhoni hahahhaha. How many times these guys blown up their chances when it comes to international cricket. Why, temprament issue and icc tournament are all about pressure . Deaspite both being so talent n having a 360 deg game why they havent made it???? Lack of temperament.

As keeper they both suck

Uthappa series in zinb as keeper, bhajji almost wanted to kill him

Karthik brain fart keeping has been gone places from asia cup to ipl. 

Invest in kishen n pant over uthappa n karthik as time n again they have consistently choked. They ll still give u same .....

In IPL Dhoni has not outperformed these wicketkeepers. His batting is a major issue. He lost his mind like 5 years back.

Rohit absolutely does not deserve it. 

If fitness is an issue then Ashwin also has major problems.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

In IPL Dhoni has not outperformed these wicketkeepers. His batting is a major issue. He lost his mind like 5 years back.

So not only has Dhoni's hand-eye coordination faded but he's also gone senile?  :confused: 

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

So not only has Dhoni's hand-eye coordination faded but he's also gone senile?  :confused: 

He is not exactly senile but his decision making is very poor. No wonder Mr. Goenka could see what I was able to see. He has become dumb.

7 hours ago, Khota said:

Dhoni has never been a gr8 t20 player and ur comparing a t20 to ODI

Uthappa n karthik always have done well in ipl n domestic n lost the plot when its international

Have u forgotten how uthappa few yrs ago after having orange cap was given a whole chance on A-tour where he failed on absolute patta , then his failure against Zimb n Bang ....whats the point of IPL numbers

His batting is a major issue????really he scored a 100 last series, a series before he was our 2nd highest scorer.....what about others in that case. Its just a low phase go check his yearly record how many bad yr wud u find. Every cricketer goes through and dhoni still is scoring runs. Didnt kohli had a poor 2015....

IF IPL becomes a criteria 2 of our best bowlers shami n jadeja wnt be in the lineup also . By IPL logic kohli shud actually loose his captaincy

BY ipl logic raina n rohit shud have been our most consistent batsman 

Ashwin isnt that unfit as well he has avg fitness.

Kartik is unlikely to get a game just like manish was unlikely to get a game so it doesnt matter if uttapa was selected. However a young player like say a pant or even a samson (who had a poor domestic season) would have gained from the experience. Personally i would have taken Raina over kartik. Raina has always done well in england. 

Also everyone seems worried about rohit, its the guy at the other end dhawan who will fail us not rohit and thats why Rahane is rightly in the squad . 

Edited by jf1gp_1

Neither. Karthik is not a bad selection over Raina. But would've rather take a chance and get Pant in. Now they are anyhow not playing Pant as opener so as well play in middle order.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Pant

Dhoni

Yuvraj

Edited by Pollack
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni has never been a gr8 t20 player and ur comparing a t20 to ODI

Uthappa n karthik always have done well in ipl n domestic n lost the plot when its international

Have u forgotten how uthappa few yrs ago after having orange cap was given a whole chance on A-tour where he failed on absolute patta , then his failure against Zimb n Bang ....whats the point of IPL numbers

His batting is a major issue????really he scored a 100 last series, a series before he was our 2nd highest scorer.....what about others in that case. Its just a low phase go check his yearly record how many bad yr wud u find. Every cricketer goes through and dhoni still is scoring runs. Didnt kohli had a poor 2015....

IF IPL becomes a criteria 2 of our best bowlers shami n jadeja wnt be in the lineup also . By IPL logic kohli shud actually loose his captaincy

BY ipl logic raina n rohit shud have been our most consistent batsman 

Ashwin isnt that unfit as well he has avg fitness.

Dhoni has not done anything in a while.

Uthappa and Karthick are peaking at the right time.

I will take IPL as a criteria over anything else that takes place in India.

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni has not done anything in a while.

Uthappa and Karthick are peaking at the right time.

I will take IPL as a criteria over anything else that takes place in India.

Not my problem if u dnt watch cricket 

Dhoni scored a 100 last series and was 2nd highest in Nz series (by that logic all other 5 batsman shud be fired)

Uthappa n karthik are peaking at right time.....har baar hi karte till they play International cricket  aur unko saanp sungh jaata hai and i have given u example to which u have no answer . Again u dnt watch anything apart from IPL.....not my issue

I will take IPL as a criteria over anything else that takes place in India. :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1: Then also raise question on kohli's form and strip him off from captaincy. Announce rohit as next captain 

IPL ko criteria lene walo 10 saal se kuch nhin seekhe ho 

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not my problem if u dnt watch cricket 

Dhoni scored a 100 last series and was 2nd highest in Nz series (by that logic all other 5 batsman shud be fired)

Uthappa n karthik are peaking at right time.....har baar hi karte till they play International cricket  aur unko saanp sungh jaata hai and i have given u example to which u have no answer . Again u dnt watch anything apart from IPL.....not my issue

I will take IPL as a criteria over anything else that takes place in India. :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1: Then also raise question on kohli's form and strip him off from captaincy. Announce rohit as next captain 

IPL ko criteria lene walo 10 saal se kuch nhin seekhe ho 

Bahut seekha hain.

Let us talk specifics.

IPL is revealing that Kohli is going through a slump right now. His form has not changed since Australia matches. He is struggling and IPL is showing that. IPL is a very good indicator of what is going on. It is also showing that useless Rohit is still useless. Nothing special about him. Dhoni is not faring well either. IPL is the most uniform and objective selection criteria.