India's Record in Champions Trophy

kira

53 minutes ago, Lord said:

Being down is all the more reason to go for the win.If you are leading the series,then still its understandable ,,though not acceptable

Being down and with one more test in hand, first thing you need to do is make sure you don't lose the present match.

People talking about that final washout in 2002.

No way we were favourites lol

Srilanka beat that scary Aussie team to reach final .We got kinda lucky against SA in semi (Gibbs injury).

And chaaing in Colombo then was practically impossible .So Srilanka were always favourite to win the final imo.

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Srilanka beat that scary Aussie team to reach final .We got kinda lucky against SA in semi (Gibbs injury).

And chaaing in Colombo then was practically impossible .So Srilanka were always favourite to win the final imo.

Sri Lanka beat OZ because the pitch aided their spinners and OZ batsmen tried to bat too aggressively. Would not have worked against us and we would've beaten SL quite comfortably.

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

We would have won final both times. We had great batting in that series. Sehwag and ganguly were in top form.  We had good players of spin. I don't think 230 was a good score on that wicket. We almost lost the match against South Africa. We came back because of brilliant fielding from yuvraj. Our spinners applied pressure on Rhodes and Kallis and they couldn't score at a good rate. Dippenar helped our cause.

Edited by gattaca
3 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

The target was actually 226 in CT against SL and I would back India to chase such a total.

The first washout we had to 245 and we were 14-0 in 2 overs and in the second washout we needed 223 and we were 38-1 in 8.4 with Dinesh Mongia the opener out and Sehwag and Sachin at the crease. 

The best all-around performance by an Indian in CT has to be Tendulkar making 141 against Aus (after India were 8/2) and then taking 4 wickets in the 1998 quarter final.

By a long distance.Not just Indian doubt anyone else has bettered it either.

Jadeja was awesome that day as well

4 minutes ago, Stuge said:

I meant to say they should have continued from where they left the previous day .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yep they should have.It was pretty much well predicted that thunder storms will arrive in the evening.

But stupid icc rules meant they had to start as a fresh game.

Ironically I think the rule came in after our match against England in 99wc.There the match was continued the next day where it was left off.

1 hour ago, Stuge said:

I meant to say they should have continued from where they left the previous day .

This was something we saw in WC 99. Remember the India-England game. But the experiment didn't get very popular.

This was something we saw in WC 99. Remember the India-England game. But the experiment didn't get very popular.

That made more sense to me then to have whole match again.

6 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yep they should have.It was pretty much well predicted that thunder storms will arrive in the evening.

But stupid icc rules meant they had to start as a fresh game.

Ironically I think the rule came in after our match against England in 99wc.There the match was continued the next day where it was left off.

We had the same rule earlier too that the match has to be started afresh on the reserve day. The new rule to continue from where it was left was introduced in WC 99. However, this innovation was mostly criticized as the conditions don't remain same on two days. The advantage of toss gets nullified. So ICC got back to the old rule of start the game all over again on reserved day.

On 5/20/2017 at 10:14 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yes he was a good captain, best is debatable . 
He was never able to win series over series even after having upper hand in few- Zimb, Aus, WI were examples. Atleast dravid won a series in Eng, WI(which i wnt count as they were becoming really poor) 

He did his share of extreme blunders. 

So when he singlehandedly gets credit and calling him best captain is glorifying to much 

He had it won against the Aussie invincibles of course bucknor disliked Indian team so gave 5-8 decisions against them in a few sessions and made them loose rest is history

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

He had it won against the Aussie invincibles of course bucknor disliked Indian team so gave 5-8 decisions against them in a few sessions and made them loose rest is history

That aussie team didnt have mcgrath , warne 

Lee came from injury to and gillespie to was struggling with form 

Not taking any credit away from the way we played but that team wasnt full strength. 

It wasnt only bucknor, there was pappu patel poor keeping and late declaration in sydney, we batted for almost 2 n half days 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

That aussie team didnt have mcgrath , warne 

Lee came from injury to and gillespie to was struggling with form 

Not taking any credit away from the way we played but that team wasnt full strength. 

It wasnt only bucknor, there was pappu patel poor keeping and late declaration in sydney, we batted for almost 2 n half days 

I think he's referring to 2007-2008

Edited by laaloo