Virendra Sehwag as Coach

29 minutes ago, Khota said:

Why not me? How about if you get it you can get me the job of Assistant coach. You seem like a reasonable guy and I can work for you.

Done deal. As soon as I get my million dollar contract I will hire you. And anyone who helps me land the role will not be forgotten if they know what I mean :winky: 

40 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Done deal. As soon as I get my million dollar contract I will hire you. And anyone who helps me land the role will not be forgotten if they know what I mean :winky: 

I will come for lot less than a million. I probably will be better than Shastri. Kumble has an edge on me.

IF we can't retain Kumble, can we get Rahul Dravid as Head Coach and Zak as Pace coach?

Sehwag is an emotional person who is also makes blunt and insensitive statements though you cannot argue about the veracity of the same. 

Usually people like John Wright, Kirsten and Kumble who were quieter were better for us... except Fletcher who was too quiet actually :D

Imagine if Sehwag makes a statement like "Except Rohit Sharma everyone played well" or "Ashwin is ordinary in overseas conditions"... :p

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
44 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What exp does kumble lack?????

He has very limited experience as a head coach.

He also does not understand how the system works. He is employed by BCCI and he works for them. Sucking up to COA is not a good idea.

Otherwise a great individual and the best spinner ever in the game of cricket.

Edited by Khota
18 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

IF we can't retain Kumble, can we get Rahul Dravid as Head Coach and Zak as Pace coach?

Sehwag is an emotional person who is also makes blunt and insensitive statements though you cannot argue about the veracity of the same. 

Usually people like John Wright, Kirsten and Kumble who were quieter were better for us... except Fletcher who was too quiet actually :D

Imagine if Sehwag makes a statement like "Except Rohit Sharma everyone played well" or "Ashwin is ordinary in overseas conditions"... :p

Dravid :fear: Didn't you see his "tactics" with Delhi Daredevils?

41 minutes ago, Khota said:

He also does not understand how the system works. He is employed by BCCI and he works for them. Sucking up to COA is not a good idea.

Dravid! :fear1::fear: 

If that happens we will see lots of WC 2007 sort of debacles from team India :sad: 

19 minutes ago, Khota said:

He has already coached this team for an year 

When did BCCI work with a proper system............ego ke maare, paise ke bhukke log 

8 hours ago, Khota said:

I like Kumble but he is not very experienced.

To Kumble's credit he is players coach.

You didnt answer question

Why LS Rajput over Kumble........what qualities does he have as a coach that makes him a better option than a coach of number 1 test team who has won everything in last 12 months???

2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

You didnt answer question

Why LS Rajput over Kumble........what qualities does he have as a coach that makes him a better option than a coach of number 1 test team who has won everything in last 12 months???

In my opinion Kumble has very limited experience. Rajput has more experience and done wonders for Indian youth teams. What I like about Rajput the most is that he truly rotates players. Everyone gets an opportunty. With Kumble I see the same old mindset. Also remeber great players do not mean better coaches. Coaching is a diferent animal.

Edited by Khota
2 hours ago, Khota said:

In my opinion Kumble has very limited experience. Rajput has more experience and done wonders for Indian youth teams. What I like about Rajput the most is that he truly rotates players. Everyone gets an opportunty. With Kumble I see the same old mindset. Also remeber great players do not mean better coaches. Coaching is a diferent animal.

I have to confess i played with Lal for 6 years and just curious what Indian public think of his coaching. I dont know if he will put name forward its difficult position for him... He was refused by committee last year and  recommended to Afganastan.. Same three guys will pick again so i personally dont Lal will apply

6 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

I have to confess i played with Lal for 6 years and just curious what Indian public think of his coaching. I dont know if he will put name forward its difficult position for him... He was refused by committee last year and  recommended to Afganastan.. Same three guys will pick again so i personally dont Lal will apply

Interesting. I think real high of him. Since you have the inside track tell us your honest opinion about Rajput?

Tell us about your playing experience also. You seem like an interesting person.

10 hours ago, Khota said:

Interesting. I think real high of him. Since you have the inside track tell us your honest opinion about Rajput?

Tell us about your playing experience also. You seem like an interesting person.

Lal was top guy and top player... Very driven and focused player.. I would think he is a man management coach rather than a technical coach, he probably had planned that 2 years at Afganastan and that would give him a chance if India job but its impossible for him to get this time.

First time i met Lal it was playing against him, i got him LBW first ball i bowled him:)))...2 years later we were team mates for six years.. He is a terrible driver, his wife is a fantastic cook and 30 years ago he learnt me Indian sledging words... Dont ever believe Indians dont sledge, the 80's 90's Bombay team were a hard bunch of guys on the park. 

3 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Lal was top guy and top player... Very driven and focused player.. I would think he is a man management coach rather than a technical coach, he probably had planned that 2 years at Afganastan and that would give him a chance if India job but its impossible for him to get this time.

First time i met Lal it was playing against him, i got him LBW first ball i bowled him:)))...2 years later we were team mates for six years.. He is a terrible driver, his wife is a fantastic cook and 30 years ago he learnt me Indian sledging words... Dont ever believe Indians dont sledge, the 80's 90's Bombay team were a hard bunch of guys on the park. 

What did you bowl, spin or pace?

Your honest opinion do you think he is ready to coach Indian team?

Long admirer of Sehwag I may be - hard to find an Indian who isn't - but I'm not sure he's coach material.  He's more likely to be in the Kapil Dev mould of leadership, a naturally gifted player who didn't really understand how to work with the limitations  of other players and whose entire repertoire in cricket strategy (if you wish to believe the stories back in the day) comprised of repeating the three words over and over again - Fight Boys, Fight!

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

The BCCI is supposedly already considering Virender Sehwag and India’s U-19 coach Rahul Dravid as replacements for Kumble.

:facepalm: 

If Dravid becomes the coach you will see Rahane and his love-child Nair permanent fixtures in the Indian team across all formats :facepalm: 

I would rather they go with a foreign coach who's unbiased. Somebody like Stephen Fleming would be ideal. I always though highly of him as NZ captain. The guy is shrewd, smart and knows how to stay in the background without ruffling feathers - IMO a better version of John Wright and in the Gary Kirsten mould.

Edited by Ultimate_Game