Guha resigns from COA

21 minutes ago, diga said:

I think Kumble lobbied for everyone from players/coaches to be paid a bigger slice of BCCI pie, not just for himself . Also wasnt Kumble nominated to propose on behalf of players/coaching staff by someone in COA?

who is being greedy according to this ? http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1090181.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1089321.html

CoA has leaked that it was Guha who asked Kumble to come up with a proposal to increase their salary (Mainly the coaches :cantstop: ) and that Guha had zero knowledge about BCCI pay sharing system and also never bothered to attend meetings to understand them .

That leak from Coa was when Guha resigned yesterday. :rotfl:

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

CoA has leaked that it was Guha who asked Kumble to come up with a proposal to increase their salary (Mainly the coaches :cantstop: ) and that Guha had zero knowledge about BCCI pay sharing system and also never bothered to attend meetings to understand them .

Please read the links I posted and their dates

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

How the current CoA members got appointed is beyond me. Incompetent buffoons like Guha were put in charge of running Indian cricket and look at the turmoil since then! BCCI has lost all its power at ICC despite being the main revenue generator, there is friction between coach and the players, and selection panel is one of the worst we've seen :facepalm: 

8 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

How the current CoA members got appointed is beyond me. Incompetent buffoons like Guha were put in charge of running Indian cricket and look at the turmoil since then! BCCI has lost all its power at ICC despite being the main revenue generator, there is friction between coach and the players, and selection panel is one of the worst we've seen :facepalm:

And many fans including myself knew that would happen. There was unnecessary interference by people who knew little, in an efficient and well organized, BCCI and the negative consequences are here to see.

The post to which you replied to.. and stop trolling if you want a discussion

Huh? That post has chronology of leaks .

Only has a Cricinfo article saying CoA asked Kumble to come up with a proposal.

Where r the chronology of leaks ? Not sure what u r referring to.

"One famous former cricketer is contracted by media houses to comment on active players while serving as President of his State Association."

Guha has not spared Ganguly either...This egomaniac clueless historian seems to have had expectations to play 'god' in his role in COA. Bitterly disappointed that he is not able to do that.

Edited by AK007

Guha is not totally wrong. There is a clear conflict of interest at several places. He mentioned Gavaskar, as an example, and you can include Ravi Shashtri with him, but they can be biased if some players are increasing their company values. No wonder Dhawan kept on getting selected in team.

Being a big Dhoni fan, i would be lying to myself if i dont see him being captain and selecting player unfairly to benefit his company.

Respect to Guha..

He is a principled man.. Our older generation had some principles that they followed. Guha is from same generation.. BCCI is operating like Trump. Conflict of interest is all over the place and we are not shouting because team is doing good.

1 minute ago, veer said:

Guha is not totally wrong. There is a clear conflict of interest at several places. He mentioned Gavaskar, as an example, and you can include Ravi Shashtri with him, but they can be biased if some players are increasing their company values. No wonder Dhawan kept on getting selected in team.

Being a big Dhoni fan, i would be lying to myself if i dont see him being captain and selecting player unfairly to benefit his company.

Respect to Guha..

He is a principled man.. Our older generation had some principles that they followed. Guha is from same generation.. BCCI is operating like Trump. Conflict of interest is all over the place and we are not shouting because team is doing good.

Both Gavaskar and Shastri are commentators.What position of power that is influencing selections? 

And Dhawan is being selected because he deserves it.One of our best ODI player for long time and absolutely piled the runs in his last series in Australia .Also the only Indian in top run getters in IPL as well .He is miles better opener than Rahane anyday

4 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Both Gavaskar and Shastri are commentators.What position of power that is influencing selections? 

And Dhawan is being selected because he deserves it.One of our best ODI player for long time and absolutely piled the runs in his last series in Australia .Also the only Indian in top run getters in IPL as well .He is miles better opener than Rahane anyday

Please confirm first that you've read the entire Resignation/Email from Guha.. Or else there is no point in replying.

Edited by veer
1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yes I have .

Now can u explain how Dhawan was selected based on the influence from Gavaskar as alleged in that post?

Gavaskar is commentator contracted by BCCI.. so he is there in the box during all the matches in IPL as well as international matches. He is also a chair person at PMG which handles Dhawan's endorsement. He can clearly big up Dhawan in live matches and over look his faults while doing commentary.. Plus, Gavaskar has a lot of say in BCCI and that can include team selection. Dhawan was dropped in mid-series couple of times but then got picked up again in next series..

Again the crux of the problem is power struggle between coach and captain. Captain should not be that important. 3 different captains for 3 formats and a different game day captain solves this problem.

Gavaskar is commentator contracted by BCCI.. so he is there in the box during all the matches in IPL as well as international matches. He is also a chair person at PMG which handles Dhawan's endorsement. He can clearly big up Dhawan in live matches and over look his faults while doing commentary.. Plus, Gavaskar has a lot of say in BCCI and that can include team selection. Dhawan was dropped in mid-series couple of times but then got picked up again in next series..

Firstly if selectors pick a player because Gavaskar bugged him up during commentary ,then it's them who need sacking .

And where do we stop? Most former cricketers are friendly with current cricketers and will big them up .Should they all be bared becoz of bias.

Gavaskar has a lot of say in BCCI isnt becoz of his commentating though.Its because of his involvement with BCCI for a long time and being a legendary cricketer .

Now if there is suggestion or proof that Gavaskar is using his clout to force his company contracted players into Indian team then fair enough,ban him from commentary and also should ban him from any dealings with Indian cricket.Oam all for it if so.

What is wrong is saying being commentator creates conflict of interest or that being commentor simply influences selection .

12 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Now if there is suggestion or proof that Gavaskar is using his clout to force his company contracted players into Indian team then fair enough,ban him from commentary and also should ban him from any dealings with Indian cricket.Oam all for it if so.

What is wrong is saying being commentator creates conflict of interest or that being commentor simply influences selection .

Boss. then we are on the same page. I am not against SG praising players in the box.. but having a stake in company that  promotes certain players while doing that is clear conflict of interest.

Plus, there was also issue of booting Bhogle out of BCCI contract because he criticized a player in certain way. Guha is indicating that player was Kohli.. Isnt that an issue to you?

Supreme court clearly directed COA to guard against these sort of things.. Guha and others in COA supposed to do that but Guha, in particular, is not able to enforce some of those regulation and he resigned. I respect that.

Btw, that suggestion of Srinath to be pulled as part of COA was excellent idea as well.

Edited by veer

Guha may have many points right but he has no business throwing a fit over the coach selection issue.

The coach's tenure was getting over.

Bcci has a set procedure laid out for coach selection and they are doing it ( for whatever reason) 

Isn't that the COA is supposed to look into...proper functioning.

Giving him extention without due process would be going against the set procedure.

Also Guha and others had no business cosying up with team coach and using him  in their interest against bcci.

Kumble is a smart man...he should have known.

Now that he is not getting an extention (partly because of CoA) he is throwing a guilty fit.

Except for the recent captain coach rift, all other issues were present for sometime. What did he/ they do about it? They have the SC mandate to act. Why not do that instead of interfering in things like coach selection  and team participation .