'Explosive cricket' not India's style - Kohli

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

2014 is irelavant . Stand in skipper 

since took over peoper is what counts as can properly install his team ,  culture , ethos 

so results been good . Do not dismiss beating England by chucking in phrase at "home " that's kind of nonsense England press would chuck around and say . Eng dammn good odi team and that was good result 

No 2014 is not "irrelevant" as it was the same team which used to beat Pakistan around like nobody's business. We lost that match by one wkt when Kohli decided to give Ashwin, a spinner, the last over of the odi with Pakistan needing 12 to win with just 1 wkt in hand and Afridi on strike. Overall Kohli hasn't done that well with same set of players. We lost to a freaking "no name" SL side :facepalm: 

8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

End of day we are good odi team . Not exceptional ( although when kohli is firing ) and not unbeatable ( not sure why people think we should be ). We are not rubbish and not pathetic 

yes after this ct tweeks will happen and new players creep in . Whoselae changes not needed and silly to want 

we have blooded new players . Jadhav and pandya and it takes time . Slowly more willl come in if earn it and if existing guys merit dropping . Pant for dhoni would be obvious first move . 

We are a pretty solid odi side and comfortably ahead of likes of Pak and SL. We had no business losing to Sl the way we did last match. If we lose to SA on Sunday that would mean we lost 2 out of 3 in CT and failed to make Top 4. If that's not under-achieving I don't know what is :dontknow: 

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Honestly . Can't believe the overreaction and panic after one loss . AmaZing 

we are worst of fans lol

after beating paks posters beating their chests . One loss and some on suicide loss.

can we show some sense and judge things over longer time scale then one frigging loss 

all of them need to fire at the same time for India to be a contender, basically there are no super gun players in india like Eng/Aus/SA all need to fire for India to do better than those teams, even SL showed them up there.

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

We are a pretty solid odi side and comfortably ahead of likes of Pak and SL. We had no business losing to Sl the way we did last match. If we lose to SA on Sunday that would mean we lost 2 out of 3 in CT and failed to make Top 4. If that's not under-achieving I don't know what is :dontknow: 

exactly my thoughts and words i would use to describe. But one can take a measure of happiness from the fact that SL have not regressed they found a few gems, so they will be back to their usual strength shortly.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

exactly my thoughts and words i would use to describe. But one can take a measure of happiness from the fact that SL have not regressed they found a few gems, so they will be back to their usual strength shortly.

I would've taken far more happiness if India had managed 2 points from the game

Just now, Vilander said:

that is true, India could have made 345 and Sl could have tried to go for it and made 290 all out yes. Next game is more interesting now.And its SA so never an easy team to beat no matter what happens.

I thought SL would manage around 260-270 after we posted 321. Never expected we would lose the way we did. Now we have to beat SA on Sunday else it would be one of the poorest display in an odi ICC tourney since 2007 WC. India belongs in Top 4 in odis and you would expect them to win 2 out of 3 matches especially when none of those 3 matches are against Aus, Eng or NZ.

32 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I Now we have to beat SA on Sunday else it would be one of the poorest display in an odi ICC tourney since 2007 WC. India belongs in Top 4 in odis and you would expect them to win 2 out of 3 matches especially when none of those 3 matches are against Aus, Eng or NZ.

We have not lost the 3rd game yet  :phehe:

We lost this game before it started. The team selection was atrocious. Like I said the 10 dot balls by Yuvraj was the game right there. Anyway India can win the next game but this one is on Kohli. He picked this team and he had it coming.

10 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

No 2014 is not "irrelevant" as it was the same team which used to beat Pakistan around like nobody's business. We lost that match by one wkt when Kohli decided to give Ashwin, a spinner, the last over of the odi with Pakistan needing 12 to win with just 1 wkt in hand and Afridi on strike. Overall Kohli hasn't done that well with same set of players. We lost to a freaking "no name" SL side :facepalm: 

2014 he was stand in skipper . Come on you know the difference between that and being full time skipper and fully in charge and able to implement your full ethos . Or maybe you don't?