Bye Bye Kangaroos - thanks for playing!!!

Just now, maniac said:

Agreed but beating England is a tough ask....just like missing out against Bangladesh you've got to say was bad luck after the position they were in.

Thats why I am scared for tomorrows match....should have closed the deal against Srilanka...beating SA in a must win game is a big ask. 

Yeah, but they would have lost against NZ(if no rain) which BD beat. In the case of no rain in any game, there would have been a NRR scenario between Aus, BD and NZ. So its fair in the end.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Agreed but beating England is a tough ask....just like missing out against Bangladesh you've got to say was bad luck after the position they were in.

Thats why I am scared for tomorrows match....should have closed the deal against Srilanka...beating SA in a must win game is a big ask. 

Your predictions seem be coming true, but you are on the fence for tomorrow's game? :afraid:

Against NZ, Aus were 3 down but we're assuming that they would have lost.  Similarly today, Eng were 3 down yet still won. Rain has played its part in the tournament for sure whether you want to believe it or not.  Weather changes and the playing conditions also change. Nothing to take away from Banglasdesh as they came out on top in the end by defeating NZ but the Aussies were done in by the rain

11 hours ago, Scar said:

Ahead of Desh was enough for them to go through semis. Anyways, Who am I to complain as if we win tomorrow, it's a stroll in a park to final.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

Not really If they had to lost NZ.

9 hours ago, PBN said:

Against NZ, Aus were 3 down but we're assuming that they would have lost.  Similarly today, Eng were 3 down yet still won. Rain has played its part in the tournament for sure whether you want to believe it or not.  Weather changes and the playing conditions also change. Nothing to take away from Banglasdesh as they came out on top in the end by defeating NZ but the Aussies were done in by the rain

But England had to chase just around 5.75 an over. AUS were chasing close to 7 an over and with 3 down AUS didn't have reliable Batsmen and have a long tail. AUS had Maxwell and head. While England had Stokes, butler, Moeen, Plunkett better than AUS.

Not really If they had to lost NZ.

loss against NZ and win against Bangladesh would have brought them 2 points same as desh, it would have been a battle of NRR then.

And in this scenario, we are assuming that Aus would have failed to chase down NZ total, If previous matches are anything to go by, Aus would have won after the initial burst from strike bowlers, as conditions offer nothing for bowlers after first ten bowlers.

2 minutes ago, Scar said:

loss against NZ and win against Bangladesh would have brought them 2 points same as desh, it would have been a battle of NRR then.

And in this scenario, we are assuming that Aus would have failed to chase down NZ total, If previous matches are anything to go by, Aus would have won after the initial burst from strike bowlers, as conditions offer nothing for bowlers after first ten bowlers.

But AUS didn't have reliable Batsman and in previous games by England and BD, they didn't have to chase a big total. But AUS had to chase close to 7 an over with three down early. Smith was the only reliable batsman left.

But AUS didn't have reliable Batsman and in previous games by England and BD, they didn't have to chase a big total. But AUS had to chase close to 7 an over with three down early. Smith was the only reliable batsman left.

Do you think shakib and dullah were reliable batsman from desh? Check shakib's record in ICC tournies, and dullah was in worst form of his life but they still chased it down.

Smith is a master chaser and knows how to handle pressure, just needed a cameo from maxwell or head to bring down the RR at that point. I don't think chasing that total was as Herculean a task as people make out it to be.

2 minutes ago, Scar said:

Do you think shakib and dullah were reliable batsman from desh? Check shakib's record in ICC tournies, and dullah was in worst form of his life but they still chased it down.

Smith is a master chaser and knows how to handle pressure, just needed a cameo from maxwell or head to bring down the RR at that point. I don't think chasing that total was as Herculean a task as people make out it to be.

They didn't have to chase 7 RPO.