Thank You Kumble

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

We all are praisinf Kumble also as he is legend and we all believe he has great cricketif brain like those guys think, but we if he can not jell then he can not jell.

i will give you another example again. Leander Paes is the biggest star of India from Tennis. He has more knowledge of the game than anyone in India. He is on par with Kumble when it comes to Tennis. 

If Leander can not create a good davis cup atmosphere in the team, then i don't want him in the Davis cup team. And this comes from me who is the biggest Leanderfan you will ever see or meet. I love Indian tennis more than anyone here and also huge Leander fan but Indian sports is important to me nore than a player.

So if Kumble is not working, I am fine to see him go. Also on same note if Kohli continues to suck, then he should go too. Problem is this was Kohli's first ever ICC tournament as captain.

Give him some time.

Issues with Kohli are not specific or limited to this tournament - His issues regarding his demeanor are quite old - from fighting with Gambhir in IPL to his recent verbal tirade against Australia post test series to his lack of leadership skills even in the IPL , this CT was just his weaknesses out in the open for everyone to see as a leader. 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

So Kumble decided to leave on his own and and not forced too even though his style did not match that of Virat.

Kohli was straight up to CAc that he did not like his style, whoch could be picking Ashwin etc in the squad. Whats wrong in saying that. He did not ask him to resign. Just mentioned about his style.

It's got to have a special kind of mental gymnastics to make that conclusion. Everything won't be spelt out - it was clear that Kumble was forced out because Kohli was adamant.

2 minutes ago, Crookbond said:

It's got to have a special kind of mental gymnastics to make that conclusion. Everything won't be spelt out - it was clear that Kumble was forced out because Kohli was adamant.

Kumble was about to go on tour to Windies  land with the team. I agree that he won't have been retained after all the drama but if they wanted to remove him earlier, they would have kept him only till CT. His contract wasn't cut off, he actually himself decided to leave before Windies tour. 

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Kumble was about to go on tour to Windies  land with the team. I agree that he won't have been retained after all the drama but if they wanted to remove him earlier, they would have kept him only till CT. His contract wasn't cut off, he actually himself decided to leave before Windies tour. 

And he decided to leave because of adamant Virat and reports suggest it was personal, not cricket related.  Please stop being sympathetic because he is a Dilli ka Ladka or Punjabi munda and call what it is. We have a pig headed captain and it also sends the wrong message to the next coach as well. 

3 minutes ago, Crookbond said:

And he decided to leave because of adamant Virat and reports suggest it was personal, not cricket related.  Please stop being sympathetic because he is a Dilli ka Ladka or Punjabi munda and call what it is. We have a pig headed captain and it also sends the wrong message to the next coach as well. 

Not sympathetic to Kohli at all. Have said million tiems he can be let go if he keeps effing things up in Indiam cricket as captain but we can't at this time.

There is a reason why few months ago Umesh Uadav and co said they were comfortable playing under him.

We habe to give Kohli time before we judge him. No captain is perfect. He wants to win and hence picks certain players to try to win. Some work and some don't. Same happened under Ganguly, some worked and some did not and same in Dhoni's tenure.

Give the captain some time. This was his first IcC tournament. 

6 minutes ago, Crookbond said:

And regarding dilli yarana. i am the last person to do that. I back every player from every state once its picked.

When whole icf and India came down trollig Dhoni for no reason, I supported and backed Dhoni to continue.

I have been on ICF for over 10 years and have backed every player from Rahane's selection in the test squad to First one asking to sack Ishant from the team.  If thats Delhi yarana then okay.

Supporting Indian team's captain is nothing wrong. Giving him time and waiting to judge him later Is nothing wrong.

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

We all are praisinf Kumble also as he is legend and we all believe he has great cricketif brain like those guys think, but we if he can not jell then he can not jell.

i will give you another example again. Leander Paes is the biggest star of India from Tennis. He has more knowledge of the game than anyone in India. He is on par with Kumble when it comes to Tennis. 

If Leander can not create a good davis cup atmosphere in the team, then i don't want him in the Davis cup team. And this comes from me who is the biggest Leanderfan you will ever see or meet. I love Indian tennis more than anyone here and also huge Leander fan but Indian sports is important to me nore than a player.

So if Kumble is not working, I am fine to see him go. Also on same note if Kohli continues to suck, then he should go too. Problem is this was Kohli's first ever ICC tournament as captain.

Give him some time.

Fair enough but Leander's reputation as a volatile character is well known. Kumble OTOH never had issues with anyone while he was player or captain. Even opponents respected him and spoke highly of him. So that is why fans find it difficult to believe that the current team found it difficult to get along with him.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Not sympathetic to Kohli at all. Have said million tiems he can be let go if he keeps effing things up in Indiam cricket as captain but we can't at this time.

There is a reason why few months ago Umesh Uadav and co said they were comfortable playing under him.

We habe to give Kohli time before we judge him. No captain is perfect. He wants to win and hence picks certain players to try to win. Some work and some don't. Same happened under Ganguly, some worked and some did not and same in Dhoni's tenure.

Give the captain some time. This was his first IcC tournament. 

No, this is not about letting Kohli go as captain. This is about letting Kohli know his chutiyaap is being noticed. This isn't about the on field decisions at all - don't intentionally muddle the two to sway away the original topic.

Kohli could not sort out differences with a legend of Indian cricket who is nothing but a gentleman and statesman. That shows Kohli's character - the same that he always was. It sends out an absolute wrong message to Indian cricket.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

And regarding dilli yarana. i am the last person to do that. I back every player from every state once its picked.

When whole icf and India came down trollig Dhoni for no reason, I supported and backed Dhoni to continue.

I have been on ICF for over 10 years and have backed every player from Rahane's selection in the test squad to First one asking to sack Ishant from the team.  If thats Delhi yarana then okay.

Supporting Indian team's captain is nothing wrong. Giving him time and waiting to judge him later Is nothing wrong.

OTT optimism for everyone doesn't mean there's no yaraana for Dilli mundas.

Just now, nevada said:

Fair enough but Leander's reputation as a volatile character is well known. Kumble OTOH never had issues with anyone while he was player or captain. Even opponents respected him and spoke highly of him. So that is why fans find it difficult to believe that the current team found it difficult to get along with him.

Yes agreed and I am fine and hence I share that we have to see this situation from different perspective.

Both Kohli and Kumble want to win it for India badly but just that they both think a little differently. And hence both could not agree perhaps to settle on some players selection perhaps. 

You can say the same about us fans and players/coaches. We all think differently but at the end we want India to just win.

5 minutes ago, Crookbond said:

No, this is not about letting Kohli go as captain. This is about letting Kohli know his chutiyaap is being noticed. This isn't about the on field decisions at all - don't intentionally muddle the two to sway away the original topic.

Kohli could not sort out differences with a legend of Indian cricket who is nothing but a gentleman and statesman. That shows Kohli's character - the same that he always was. It sends out an absolute wrong message to Indian cricket.

So giving out constructive criticism means not able to get along? We should be open to criticism and accept and move on. A captain should have candid talk to his selectors and coach when he doesn't like certain players, if there isn't then that might eventually bite us later in major tournaments.

Even Kumble might not feel the same what many fans believe that Kohli did not get along well with Kumble.

Both perhaps got along fine. Its just that their cricketing views don't match and hence the letter says "did not like my style".

That is all.  Their styles, which is basically picking players or selection etc could be the reason why they were not on the same page.

Dude @Cricketics track record states Kohli is a hot head. His antics in IPL etc prove that and at the same time Kumble has a track record for being a well liked gentleman

Favoritism- well Kumble does have some question marks for his preference for Tenvic and Karnataka players and people did suspect that might happen but so far nothing proves that he showed that in his Indian stint where as with Kohli it's clear he has backed some friends.

Work ethic wise both have great track records so the discipline fitness issue rumors  doesn't look correct on either front.

Reputation wise Kumble himself is a big Legend and was backed by 3 other legends to lead the Indian team as the coach...players who have played with him for decades. Kohli has a long way to prove that or earn that goodwill.

Strategy wise-Pandya said that Kumble was the guy who promoted him up the order so I will buy your argument for now that he picked Ashwin which was a wrong move so that neuters it but then again there is the rumor that Kumble picked Kuldeep which Kohli didn't agree with and there are lot of clear tactical blunders in his captaincy on field...so if we think it's Dhoni who is running the show I am sorry overall it reflects on Kohli for being puppet between ex captain and coach.

Also Kumble defended the team during the brainfade saga and Kohli was upset too

so they are on the same page there ,but people were taken aback with Kohli's  attitude post  Pak match because the pain was real.

Right now people are sympathetic towards Kumble based on what little there is available.

Sure it would have been Kumble's fault all along or Kohli's we don't know that yet but based on whatever we have seen so far what's wrong in leaning towards Kumble?

Let us even put aside you are not biased because as eager as you were for selectors to drop Ashwin and even Jadeja but justified backing Yuvi till you were called out on it ,I will give you a pass on it because despite the "dilli" stuff I honestly  think you are a passionate Indian fan first and a hardcore cricket lover.

Edited by maniac
this is very bad for Indian cricket.

I have serious reservations about Kohli's ego issues and fear the worst for Indian cricket. its on the downward slope.

if Kohli is not reigned in and soon, we will see more of these bipolar results. either we win big or we get thrashed. and usually teams like these don't win trophies. its the scrapping teams that take the games deep (cue Dhoni) , that win trophies.

Pakistanis are celebrating a rebirth of their cricket on Sunday in wonderful fashion, all credit to their humility and hard work. while the haughty culture introduced by Indian captain Kohli is wallowing in his excesses and running Indian cricket to the ground.

The downfall has begun.

not one to go down silently, this diplomatic post by Kumble has pretty much thrashed Kohli on a public forum. this is a scathing and a straight shooting post from Anil Kumble and I believe every word of it. Kohli thinks its his way or highway.

what is Kohli going to say now?

as per reports Kumble wanted to bat after winning toss. ofcourse that's basic commonsense. in a big final always bat first. Kohli made the same mistake that Ganguly did wc 2003 final

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

What about the other post? Sure you agree with me on the drop Ashwin part but what about the other post :giggle:

I will be specific.

I wanted Manish ahead of Yuvi, before the start of the tournament. You can see my thread. But Manish got injured and hence Yuvi played

I also said earlier I don't mind Yuvi now since it is too late to try another youngster as we did not have any games scheduled between Feburary sfter England tour to June, yes no 50 overs so we had to stick to those guys. Though we had room for Pant but selectors did not pick him and I was made at Rahane's selection.

Still when the squad got picked, I was happy to rest Yuvi and wanted to play the best x1 whoch does well in the warm ups.

I also mentioned that post-CT things must change and since CT is over now we are ready for the "change".