Among south indian states , tamilnadu leads in number of people who are interested in learning hindi !!!

velu

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

I think South don't have much choice in coming years as more cheap younger workforce from hindi belt will migrate their

already there are plenty of northies even in tier 2 cities ( bihar , up and orissa guys as well )..

On 25/07/2017 at 2:18 PM, velu said:

its not that diffuclt to learn hindi ( and viceversa )  if someone tries to learn considering lots of common words in both the languages ..

we dont learn our languages in a right way  in the schooldays ( i myself studied till 8th , but our focus is just to pass hindi and even the syllabus concentrates only on the writing part )

Hmm. For some reason i dont see northies picking up Tamil. I dont think its down to any misconception or stupidity. I myself forgot most words apart from few swear words.

However one thing that separated Tamil kids to northies infact rest was that they had etiquettes and much more behaved (barring a couple who once learned broken hindi we realised they were top grade n00bs).

So IMO Somehwhere down in Tamil Land there is some social thing which needs to spread all across India.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Hmm. For some reason i dont see northies picking up Tamil. I dont think its down to any misconception or stupidity. I myself forgot most words apart from few swear words.

However one thing that separated Tamil kids to northies infact rest was that they had etiquettes and much more behaved (barring a couple who once learned broken hindi we realised they were top grade n00bs).

So IMO Somehwhere down in Tamil Land there is some social thing which needs to spread all across India.

Their kids will pick up Tamil when they go to school in TN. The same will be in other states.  After the age of 30, it is very hard for the human brain to learn a new language, so the migrant laborers will struggle to pick up languages in the states they migrate to. However, children have sponges for brains, they can learn multiple languages in very easily from a young age. 

We will soon see Tamil and Kannada speaking Yadavs. Then Lalu will make an entry into TN and Karnataka :fear1:

Edited by Tibarn

I have seen Hyderbadi Muslims who have been living for many many years absolutely refusing to speak Telugu....they do enjoy Telugu movies and know the language  very well like the more hardcore slang words that people like me who have grown up outside the state for most of our lives can't pick..they just refuse to "speak" the language as a matter of "cultural" invasion....same can be said for the "Mumbai Muslim" when it comes to Marathi.

Gujrathi, Tamil and Bengali Muslims are the best when it comes to adopting their regional language totally.

Having said that don't think any other group has this kind of a deliberate resistance...Have seen mostly business communities like Marwaris,Punjabis and Gujjus in southern states who converse pretty fluently in the regional language .I have seen this first hand in Chennai and Hyderabad.

Sorry of that came across as a stereotype but this is purely based on "my"

first hand experience 

Edited by maniac