20 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If you had choice to pick three fast bowlers on Jan 5th who would you pick, include any one and everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am advocating for Saini for long now. I would definitely pick him for overseas test cricket. Other will be BK and Shami. 

i am advocating for Saini for long now. I would definitely pick him for overseas test cricket. Other will be BK and Shami. 

Ishant and Saini played together this year and who has looked more effective?

Selectors have not been far off then? If Saini is only guy missing out.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Ishant and Saini played together this year and who has looked more effective?

Selectors have not been far off then? If Saini is only guy missing out.

most others are inexperienced or yet to make debut.  difficult to play so many rookies. we only have these 4-5 bowlers playing tests in last 4-5 years. we could have even given Aniket Chaudhary a go in a test or two.

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

most others are inexperienced or yet to make debut.  difficult to play so many rookies. we only have these 4-5 bowlers playing tests in last 4-5 years. we could have even given Aniket Chaudhary a go in a test or two.

At whose expense you would have given anyone else a go? Yadav, Shami were awesome last year and Ishant was very adequate fill in.Bhuvi is a must on green tracks.

I don't see how else you could bring in another bowler.In my view selectors have done a good job as far bowlers are concerned. Unless Ishant is totally out of picture you cannot bring in another bowler.

There is no express bowler in the country who is currently sitting out. Saini may be good but I don't term him as an express bowler who is can't miss at expense of bowlers already selected for the tour.

Yadav and Aaron had that express speeds which none of these guys possess. They have not progressed as well as we want them to is another story.But they sure had raw tools.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I thought you did not like Shami for South Africa and want him out during discussions from the past.

Bhuvi-Shami-Bumrah and with back up of Saini in the squad will make a great bowling line up.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

At whose expense you would have given anyone else a go? Yadav, Shami were awesome last year and Ishant was very adequate fill in.Bhuvi is a must on green tracks.

I don't see how else you could bring in another bowler.In my view selectors have done a good job as far bowlers are concerned. Unless Ishant is totally out of picture you cannot bring in another bowler.

There is no express bowler in the country who is currently sitting out. Saini may be good but I don't term him as an express bowler who is can't miss at expense of bowlers already selected for the tour.

Yadav and Aaron had that express speeds which none of these guys possess. They have not progressed as well as we want them to is another story.But they sure had raw tools.

Great post.

Personally find it unbelievable that people are saying that Saini should be picked for the SA Tour. The 5 bowlers we've chosen are all on their merit. I believe that we'll start with Bhuvi, Shami and Ishant in SA Tests and that's the way it should be.

15 minutes ago, Unleashed said:

Great post.

Personally find it unbelievable that people are saying that Saini should be picked for the SA Tour. The 5 bowlers we've chosen are all on their merit. I believe that we'll start with Bhuvi, Shami and Ishant in SA Tests and that's the way it should be.

For some people players sitting out are always better options than players who are in the team.I have seen highlights of the match and I still feel Saini is dependent on movement and he does not have raw pace which you need to be successful especially with KookaBurra ball in SA.

The caliber of batsmen he will be facing will 1000 times better and I don't see anything in Saini which makes me believe he will do better than the bowlers who are already selected.

All the five bowlers will have enough time in nets and based on that they can make a call which three are going to play.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

We do not express bowlers to win matches. Hazelwood, Starc, Cummins were mostly bowling 138-142 k range and that is enough Pace if you can be consistent. Other things, yes Aaron and Yadav didn't develop, so, should we not give others chances. There are some good talent in domestic cricket and even if two of the can do well, it will be a good addition to the pool.

Aniket chaudhary

Ankit Rajpoot

Navdeep Saini

Basil Thampi

Siraj

Nathu Singh who is recovering from back injury

Avesh

Khaleel

Sangwan

These are ten bowlers capable of bowling 140 or more. Sangwan, Nathu, Thampi are quickest of them. Have bowled 145k or more. Can they develop at least two out these ten into world class bowlers

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

For some people players sitting out are always better options than players who are in the team.I have seen highlights of the match and I still feel Saini is dependent on movement and he does not have raw pace which you need to be successful especially with KookaBurra ball in SA.

The caliber of batsmen he will be facing will 1000 times better and I don't see anything in Saini which makes me believe he will do better than the bowlers who are already selected.

All the five bowlers will have enough time in nets and based on that they can make a call which three are going to play.

Philander has raw pace? Neither Rabada bowls much quicker than Saini. Hr bowled up to 90 mph in this game which is enough pace to be successful anywhere. The most important thing is bowling in right areas.