Why India is not in World XI?

CoverDrive

52 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

I heard Virat Kohli wanted to play .... but for Pakistan's team ... he was stopped at the border and sent back sadly.

I also heard that CPEC is going to make Pakistan great again.   And that Pakistan cricket team is so talented that it would never lose a game unless there is match-fixing.  

Good posts by Sandeep. You have articulated my points of view. I want cricket to start in Pakistan and things to go really well in this tour. At the same time I understand why our players are not there. We have to do what we have to do. PCB can say they don't need BCCI and that is their prerogative. 

My problem here is the narrative that India is murdering the spirit of cricket here. Indian players have been on friendly terms with Pakistanis and have shown exemplary sportsmanship. BCCI is doing what is the national policy of the government and that is something i think seems like a very sensible course to follow. 

On 12 September 2017 at 5:56 PM, sandeep said:

Well,  India-Pakistan cricket ties and test cricket are 2 separate issues.

Long-term, its in India's interest to get the PCB on its side in terms of the ICC power equation - that's true equilibrium anyway.  The moment that India-Pakistan cricket ties resume, the respective green and blue babus will mend fences due to their overwhelming mutual interest.  

Its not just India's job to protect test cricket.  We share a concern for the future of test cricket.  And I place the blame squarely on the ICC.  Since Dalmiya pioneered the funding strategies for the ICC in the late 90s, the ICC has been in healthy financial straits.  And they have done phu.ck-all to really help the sport of cricket.  You expand or you die.  The 2nd tier countries will always have cyclical performances and teeter on the edge of profitability.   You will always have the likes of Zimbabwe, SL, WI threatening to go the Kenya route.  The ICC should have been investing in expanding the associate team pool, and creating a platform for the Scotlands, Nepals, Namibias of the world to play proper structured seasons of competitive cricket.  They have not done so.  Individually, some of these countries cannot be expected to create domestic first class tournaments and structures on their own - they don't have the player pool, resources or the fan base to do so.  The ICC should have helped them fill their calendar.   And its not a resource issue.   

At the test member level, the ICC now faces its greatest threat to  test cricket, in terms of the blocking off of the calendar by the T20 leagues.   It is already late in the game.  They need to institutionalize and protect the primacy of test cricket and most importantly its calendar.   And I know you are a big believer in relegation, I'm not.  

Agree they are different.

I'm not bothered about expanding the game, i mean we have more pressing struggles such as holding on to the traditional 8. 

Not necessarily in relegation. I literally just thought of this. Why not copy the IPL template. Get all test sides to play each other home and away in a 3 test series league phase, then get the top 4 to play home and away in 5 test series, and so on until you have a winner. The existing set up is already tiered in so many ways why not formalise it. I think it probably suits India for the rest of the world to come with a begging bowl hence their opposition to two tiers.

1 hour ago, goose said:

I think it probably suits India for the rest of the world to come with a begging bowl hence their opposition to two tiers.

True.  And the existing bilateral fixtures setup gives the BCCI maximum flexibility as well, one that allows them freedom to be lazy, not plan ahead, and still exercise leverage.   A structured schedule would take away a lot of those things.  But agreed, that a structured setup that gives more context and meaning to these home and away games is definitely needed.  

The coming boardroom battles are all about the cricket calendar.   How much space will be given up to the T20 leagues, what minimum commitment will be extracted from countries to allocate to international cricket outside of WC tournaments?  There are many possible answers to this question, and I don't trust/expect either the ICC or to be honest, the BCCI to come up with the right answer.  

How long can PCB continue to provide extra cash to overseas players and continue with this extra security show? 

Questions need to be asked though whether for how long will this kind of security  be provided to the players? I mean the current security provided for players in this Pak vs World X1 series must be top class security, almost presidential level to show the world that its safe to play cricket in Pak. But lets be practical and ask, can Pakistan afford providing this kind of security for every bilateral series and tournaments? What is being done here and for the PSL final was a lot more than what most countries would do when they host tournaments. Recently they pretty much shut down everything in Lahore and the whole area was filled with security to ensure the PSL final takes place. But how can this be answer to hosting future games in Pakistan?  

You can not shut down and provide this same presidential level security everytime. Not everytime overseas players will be paid by PCB extra cash to come and play cricket in Pakistan like it is being done for this series.

I don't think this series changes much regarding safety concerns to play in Pakistan.  I am happy that their supporters got to see their players play live and watch some international players, but situation hasn't changed in Pakistan much.

Ugra is stupid. She adds no value to dicourse. Her cricket knowledge is so superficial that I am surprised people take her seriously. 

Pakistan is a terrorist nation. Fact.

pakistan hates India. fact.

They mistreat minorities. Fact.

Indian govt. should never allow Indian team to play pakistan. 

That was easy.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Ugra is stupid. She adds no value to dicourse. Her cricket knowledge is so superficial that I am surprised people take her seriously. 

Pakistan is a terrorist nation. Fact.

pakistan hates India. fact.

They mistreat minorities. Fact.

Indian govt. should never allow Indian team to play pakistan. 

That was easy.

lib-retards are everywhere they want to control perception, recently a lady Jen bush was plastered as a racist and Islamophobic for disrupting an up and coming sikh MP's meeting in GTA. Turns out she has legit reservations against sharia and islamic prayer being allowed in ontario schools of which the celebrated sick mpp is a supporter of ( he also dislikes India and likes khalistan lol) . She was portrayed as a a dumb racist while she was just a loud mouthed right winger, turns out she is part of a bigger organization ( who have disowned her since) that believes in keeping religion away from politics, interestingly in her retort video she explains how she works with lots of Hindus an has high regard for them and how she is not a racist but has strong views against imposition of any religion. But too late for her.

Lib-retards are heinous creatures.  

Edited by Vilander