MS Dhoni mega discussion thread

velu

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

Time to bump this up.

Karthick >>>>>> Dhoni

SR 80 >>>>>>>>>SR 60

37 >>>>>>>>>>>25

Karthick was second highest scorer.

Like I said head to head matters and Karhick is better.

Wa wa wa wa :adore: we finally got our GOD karthik in the team. All credits to kothe facts. BCCI has recognised you finally

1 minute ago, Rasgulla said:

Wa wa wa wa :adore: we finally got our GOD karthik in the team. All credits to kothe facts. BCCI has recognised you finally

You are missing the point. With all the money BCCI has they have to develop advanced metrics to get the best players on the field just like baseball does. Do not use stupid test averages to determine who is better. Those are all over the place. It is not about who is right or wrong. It is about Karthick being treated fairly.

This stupidity caused the loss in CT. I am putting the blame on Kohli for that.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

You are missing the point. With all the money BCCI has they have to develop advanced metrics to get the best players on the field just like baseball does. Do not use stupid test averages to determine who is better. Those are all over the place. It is not about who is right or wrong. It is about Karthick being treated fairly.

This stupidity caused the loss in CT. I am putting the blame on Kohli for that.

Agreed with you averages mean nothing. It's all about strike rate. Hence bhuvi should be promoted at #3 since he has better strike rate than Kohli. Imagine what he would do if he faced 100 balls. I am just happy our God karthik who has great history and brilliant SR in 70 Odis has been treated fairly. 

11 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Agreed with you averages mean nothing. It's all about strike rate. Hence bhuvi should be promoted at #3 since he has better strike rate than Kohli. Imagine what he would do if he faced 100 balls. I am just happy our God karthik who has great history and brilliant SR in 70 Odis has been treated fairly. 

Where did I say that? All I am saying is that test averages are meaningless. IPL numbers are better. Both averages and SR matter.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Dhoni is in the side for his stumping skills :) once they find one with good stumping skills they will be able to replace him. Seriously his batting lacks power these days. Wonder if shuffling of batting order will help.

Others are equally good. Dhoni just puts on a nice show.

9 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Dhoni is in the side for his stumping skills :) once they find one with good stumping skills they will be able to replace him. Seriously his batting lacks power these days. Wonder if shuffling of batting order will help.

Like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Dhoni will just end up sucking momentum throughout the innings. Our best bat is to bat him 7th or 8th and see if he can edge a few boundaries.

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Dhoni will just end up sucking momentum throughout the innings. Our best bat is to bat him 7th or 8th and see if he can edge a few boundaries.

Edge a few boundaries? I fell off the chair, that is funny.