Unrelenting bowling line-up offers India fresh edge

rkt.india

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Philander is not the same bowler under unhelpful conditions.

That has been the case with some fast bowlers too.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Do you think Srinath was as fast as either Ws on consistent basis , I don't think he was. Akram had ability to bowl as fast as anybody.Younis sure had more pace than Srinath when he was in full swing those toe crushing yorkers are testament to that fact.

1. Srinath was definitely faster than Wasim on a consistent basis and peak-pace basis. 

2. Wasim very often deliberately resorted to fast-medium swing bowling when there was swing on offer.  He used genuine pace when the ball was not swinging conventionally or he wanted to reverse the ball.  He himself has talked about it often.

3. Srinath, on the other hand, always went for pace and bounce from 1991 to 1997.

4. Waqar also always went for pace from 1989 to 1996 or thereabouts

5. Srinath was the quickest of the 3 between 1995-97 and 1999-2003

6. Waqar was the quickest of the 3 between 1989-94 and 1998.

7. Toe crushing yorkers depend a lot on accuracy and late dip, apart from pace .... which is why Bumrah bowls it better than the faster Umesh and Aaron.

Lol srinath was nowhere near as quick  

I have seen enough of him . He was slower than razzaq in the carlton and united tri series in 2000 .

90 percent of pundits recognise waqar as the fastest bowler of the 90s .

There is no youtube video of srinath clocking these imaginary speeds . While there are a couple of videos of waqar clocking express pace in 96.

This is what the grear Brian Charles lara said about waqar.

"He bowled Logie first ball and I went in at 137-3 facing a hat-trick. The crowd were screeching 'Waqar, Waqar, Waqar', and as I took guard I looked round to see where the wicket keeper Salim Yousuf was standing. He seemed a long, long way back. Somehow I managed to survive the first ball. Then the second. Until that moment I had never faced a bowler who could bowl as fast as this and I had batted against all the West Indian fast bowlers and England's Devon Malcolm. None of them approached Waqar in speed and hostility. I made only 11. In seven balls he took 3 wickets for 6 runs, finishing with 5-52."

And some online forum members think srinath was in the same galaxy as waqar and donald . Lol

Edited by the don
16 hours ago, Vilander said:

@putrevus

provide evidence of Waqar and Wasim being faster than Srinath. Dont run away.

i have seen montages of waqar clocking 90 mph plus in england in 96 Can you link me to a video of srinath clocking 90 mph on the speed guns ??

Thanks also any 5 -10 statements from pundits or batsmen who reckon he was the fastest bowler of the 90s .

17 hours ago, rkt.india said:

They were not. In fact, in his end years, he was faster than both of them in 2003 WC. In 1999 WC, he was the 2nd quickest bowler just behind Akhtar that too after a serious shoulder surgery in 1997.  

Can you provide me a video link of him clocking 90mph plus .

Any statements from batsmen or pundits who called him quicker than waqar or donald or the fastest bowler of the 90s

Because i can list 10 plus interviews and legitimate quotes where Waqar younis has been branded as the fastest bowler of the 90s in addition to the video archive from the 96 test series .

Edited by the don
41 minutes ago, the don said:

Can you provide me a video link of him clocking 90mph plus .

Any statements from batsmen or pundits who called him quicker than waqar or donald or the fastest bowler of the 90s

Because i can list 10 plus interviews and legitimate quotes where Waqar younis has been branded as the fastest bowler of the 90s in addition to the video archive from the 96 test series .

Check the 10th article in this link -

http://www.tribuneindia.com/1999/99jun06/sports.htm#10

The mere fact that you arent aware that the 2nd fastest in 99WC, behind Shoaib Akhtar was Srinath, tells a story how much you know about cricket. You know zilch, nada!

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Check the 10th article in this link -

http://www.tribuneindia.com/1999/99jun06/sports.htm#10

The mere fact that you arent aware that the 2nd fastest in 99WC, behind Shoaib Akhtar was Srinath, tells a story how much you know about cricket. You know zilch, nada!

Wrong link ??

This leads to an article in wisden india which says srinath was clocked quicker than mcgrath .

Not what i was talking about.

33 minutes ago, the don said:

Wrong link ??

This leads to an article in wisden india which says srinath was clocked quicker than mcgrath .

Not what i was talking about.

Step 1 - Learn how to open link

Step 2- Learn how to read fully

Step 3- Learn how to comprehend

Step 4- Take a chill pill and try to acknowledge that you were wrong.

Step 5- Give credit where its due and admit Srinath was way quicker than you ever thought

Step 6- Try reading more in future so you present correct data and not come up with BS based on assumption!

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol repeating lies do not make them truth. Post video or commentary evidence.

Yes everyone that has ever called waqar the fastest bowler of the 90s has lied lol .

The batsmen who faced him lied . Those who saw him lied . You know the truth cricket guru.

10 minutes ago, the don said:

This is what i meant when i said in the other thread that back in the day Gillespie was consistently a much quicker bowler than srinath and the opposition and pundits rated him as such .

an article from when shoaib and lee reignited the pace wars.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/cricinfoat20/content/current/story/661125.html

Lol Gillespie ...sorry post wasim and waqar or stfu ;)