The importance of introducing and backing exciting new talent with regularity

Point is crazy over hyping and desire by the  mob to fill the team in all formats with a team full of 21 year olds 

big step up to international cricket and can’t just put anyone who is suddenly flavour of the month for the mob 

it takes time and took even kohli a number of years to be the man . But we can’t have 11 players looking at future , as results will

suffer and we can’t forget it’s all about Indian team winning 

iyer and siraj today showed it needs to be careful integration process . This can’t have team with pant , krunal , iyer and etc etc and expect to do well . Today we over done it with kids in team imo 

7 hours ago, maniac said:

Yes

in T20s

Dhawan can be dropped- you want a youngster/rahul or prefer Gambhir/Uthappa?

Dhoni is done-would you prefer Pappu Patel or Pant/Kishan?

Axar is mediocre-would you prefer return of Ash/Jadeja or trying Krunal/Sundar etc?

Pappu is very good for a quick fire 40.

8 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Point is crazy over hyping and desire by the  mob to fill the team in all formats with a team full of 21 year olds 

big step up to international cricket and can’t just put anyone who is suddenly flavour of the month for the mob 

it takes time and took even kohli a number of years to be the man . But we can’t have 11 players looking at future , as results will

suffer and we can’t forget it’s all about Indian team winning 

iyer and siraj today showed it needs to be careful integration process . This can’t have team with pant , krunal , iyer and etc etc and expect to do well . Today we over done it with kids in team imo 

It's not like we are asking to replace some great batsmen. I will lose with youngsters than a old hack.

11 hours ago, maniac said:

Yes

in T20s

Dhawan can be dropped- you want a youngster/rahul or prefer Gambhir/Uthappa?

Dhoni is done-would you prefer Pappu Patel or Pant/Kishan?

Axar is mediocre-would you prefer return of Ash/Jadeja or trying Krunal/Sundar etc?

You see this is were we get carried away . Need to get balance between new young guns innto develop and also keeping good players firmly established who will deliver right now . Icf at moment wants under 21 teams in all formats , watch the losses come then thick and thin.

Saying Dhawan can be dropped is example of taking it too far . Scintillating in Delhi t20 , awesome in ct ( and last ct before in eng ) yet say can drop him . Why ? Who is the awesome white ball opener we not playing ? Would not play Dhawan in tests but white ball stuff is very good 

Axar I don’t rate I would axe . But he is only 23 is he not the young player type you want and don’t care if sucks and helps team lose as you feel will be come good . O wait you had good look at him now and think is pants , who to say same cycle won’t start with a hyped icf youngster again, maybe Siraj is next for this cycle 

dhoni is awful . No need to discuss that , shocking pick 

all I am saying get balance right . Can’t have under 21 team 

36 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

You see this is were we get carried away . Need to get balance between new young guns innto develop and also keeping good players firmly established who will deliver right now . Icf at moment wants under 21 teams in all formats , watch the losses come then thick and thin.

Saying Dhawan can be dropped is example of taking it too far . Scintillating in Delhi t20 , awesome in ct ( and last ct before in eng ) yet say can drop him . Why ? Who is the awesome white ball opener we not playing ? Would not play Dhawan in tests but white ball stuff is very good 

Axar I don’t rate I would axe . But he is only 23 is he not the young player type you want and don’t care if sucks and helps team lose as you feel will be come good . O wait you had good look at him now and think is pants , who to say same cycle won’t start with a hyped icf youngster again, maybe Siraj is next for this cycle 

dhoni is awful . No need to discuss that , shocking pick 

all I am saying get balance right . Can’t have under 21 team 

If old players are not good then what's use having them.

Could do a list of players in last 12 months who played for india . So many new young talents getting in . Yes some like dhoni just piss take still in india team but lots of hot talents playing and given a go 

even last match 

Siraj bumrah iyer chahal axar  pandya 

so me thinks lots of exaggeration to say by many none getting in and havering chances 

27 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

But other then dhoni the others not even old and are doing well ?

Yes, Rohit ,dhawan, bhuvi, dhoni, Axar and kohli are brand new. Just born yesterday.

Edit: By old we don't necessarily mean above 35. By young most of us mean getting rid of semi experienced players like Rohit, dhawan etc atleast in t20 since this is only format where you can try new players without much severe consequences and also because they are doing more harm than good with their slow batting for t20. At the end of day who will remember yesterday's t20 game.

Edited by Pollack
13 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

So cos they not new that’s a bad thing ? What is this anyone played over 2 years needs replacing and then when these guys play 2 years they also must go loool

this is absurd 

It is not about this series. This series atleast Siraj and Iyer got chance. But before even Rahane was playing t20 and ODIs. So were Ashwin and Jadeja. I think this thread was not just about t20 but ODIs also where we brought back TTF carthick and Rahul warms the bench. I don't think there is much moaning this t20 series apart from about dhoni and Rohit and dhawan to some extent.

Edited by Pollack
29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Axar is a bowler who bowled well in the first game. We are in search of better batsman. If there is a better bowler than axar let's play him. 

Again in defense of Axar. :facepalm:

Bhai, Axar mein aisa kya dekhte ho jo hame nahi dikhai deta. ;) ;)