Sachin Tendulkar v Virat Kohli - who is better ODI batsman?

Who is better ODI batsman?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better ODI batsman?

7 minutes ago, zen said:

A long time ago when commenting in SA, Harsha started to blow Tendulkar’s bugle during commentary. Said he does well in multi nation ICC tournaments. Pat Symcox replied - that could be because a lot of weak teams also play in such events :lollypop:

which team apart from England has improved .  West indies,lanka,pak,south africa, australia are degrading day by day.  Even england only batting has improved.

Edited by Nonbeliever
Just now, Nonbeliever said:

which team apart from England has improved .  West indies,lanka,pak,south africa, australia are degrading day by day. 

nz and india .. fyki aussies are the current world champions :lol: 

saffers are still a top team ..

10 minutes ago, zen said:

A long time ago when commenting in SA, Harsha started to blow Tendulkar’s bugle during commentary. Said he does well in multi nation ICC tournaments. Pat Symcox replied - that could be because a lot of weak teams also play in such events :lollypop:

yeah .. we were the minnows in 70s ..

then we got few minnows like kenya , namibia kind of teams to feast on .. 

16 minutes ago, velu said:

1992 - sachin 0 total  8

1996 - sachin 2 total 14

1999 - sachin 1 total 11

2003 - sachin 1 total 21

2007 - sachiin 0 total 20

2011 - sachin 2 total 24

2015 - total 28

sachin too feasted in an era where centuries are more frequent than ever  :lol: 

How many hundreds does Sachin have in knockout matches in all worldcups again, it is big zero in six world cups. 

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

In your post, You compared SRT to Kohli in SENA countries, I'm saying there are other batsmen who are more than Kohli within the team itself who have done well outside india in england and australia.

The context is there are 2 batsmen from within the same team as Kohli who have contributed more than in him in not one but 3 ICC events, 2013 - england, 2015 - australia and 2017 - champions trophy.

There's a hole in your comparison. Based on your logic, If SRT isn't good enough so is Kohli in grand scheme of things when it comes to ICC events and in at-least 2 of the 4 SENA countries.

if other batsmen does better than kohli , it really doesnt mean kohli is bad ..

what makes kohli apart from others is that kohli consistently scored everywhere ..

on flat roads , definitely rohit is better than kohli .. but overall when batting gets tough , we can bank on kohli than rohit

2 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Don't expect me to keep answring nonsense.

India play with india.

New Zealand at same levels of bowling.

Aussies have not won a single odi series in last 2 years.

we are talking about wc and aussies are the current wc holders .. hope you get this very simple  logic

you just cant say aussies were worse in the wc ..

anyway your imagination about only  sachin scored 100s in the wc is completely wrong .. 

ponting has got 5 centuries as well and one in the final which is a gem

56 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How many hundreds does Sachin have in knockout matches in all worldcups again, it is big zero in six world cups. 

i would rate sachin's 97 vs pak in 2003 is his best ODI innings ( maybe desert storms comes closer  ) ..

but the way these sachin chamchas discredit other batsmen is totally appalling 

Edited by velu
3 minutes ago, velu said:

we are talking about wc and aussies are the current wc holders .. hope you get this very simple  logic

you just cant say aussies were worse in the wc ..

anyway your imagination about only  sachin scored 100s in the wc is completely wrong .. 

ponting has got 5 centuries as well and one in the final which is a gem

Only kohli fans highlighting hundreds.  I just presented data to show how easy it is to score a hundred now.  I have never said sachin is great because of his hundreds in world cup

Obviously one team will the world cup.  That does mean that team has progressed.

Edited by Nonbeliever
29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

ICC events have all teams so scoring against Namibia or Kenya does not make Sachin a greater batsman in SENA countries. Kohli is number 3 batsman and if his openers are doing the job how is it his fault. Since when ICC trophy scores are only thing which measures greatness of player.

He did his part in both win CT finals 2013 and 2011 world cup finals.Yes Kohli has to much better in ICC 50 over world cup as main batsman.He has excelled in T20 world cups and it is just matter of time he will make his mark in 50 over world cup too.

Timing of world cups has been bad for him so far, 2011 he was too young and 2015 he was coming off a long and tiring tour of Australia. Can anyone say Kohli buckles undre pressure of these world cups ????

At this point of time, Kohli is not the greatest ODI batsmen. at-least not when looked at icc events and WC. There are plenty of batsmen who've stood up to the challenge and delivered it for their teams. From Viv Richards (IMO the greatest), Steve Waugh, de-silva, Tendulkar & Ponting, Steven Smith to come up with a few.

IMO, Until Kohli establishes his name on an World cup like these great gentlemen above it is quite early to confer the tag.

3 minutes ago, velu said:

yeah .. we were the minnows in 70s ..

then we got few minnows like kenya , namibia kind of teams to feast on .. 

I do not trust Sachin to take Ind home in crunch games. Had a chance to do it vs SL in 96 SF where he played himself in but could not continue. Only game I recall where he did well was the SF vs Pak in 2011 

WC and KO games that Sachin played 

92, no knock out games

96, QF and SF vs SL 

99, no KO games

03, SF and F 

07, no KO games

11, SF vs Pak, F 

has probably played in the most WCs 

1 minute ago, Nonbeliever said:

Only kohli fans highlighting hundreds.  I just presented data to show how easy it is to score a hundred now.  I have never said sachin is great because of his hundreds in world cup.

well fine then ..

kohli is superior in scoring 100s even among his peers ( when batting is debatable but when chasing he is unquestionable monster ) .. 

8 minutes ago, velu said:

i would rate sachin's 97 vs pak in 2007 is his best ODI innings ( maybe desert storms comes closer  ) ..

Velu bhai it was 2003.  Just few post ago somebody declared that innings meaningless

Edited by Nonbeliever

Let me get this straight, 98 scored against Pakistan against aging Akram, Waqar is great innings but 107 scored against same team in world cup opener in 2015 is useless innings.

Sachin who scored 6 100s in 45 world cup matches is great world cup performer and Kohli who scored 2 100s in 17 world cup matches is useless in world cups.

11 minutes ago, velu said:

i would rate sachin's 97 vs pak in 2007 is his best ODI innings ( maybe desert storms comes closer  ) ..

I never want to discredit Sachin,  for me his best knock would be his 175 against Australia in a loss in Hyderabad when he was running on fumes and yet kept on of fighting a lost cause.Sachin was a great player but he was not better than Kohli especially in odis.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I never want to discredit Sachin,  for me his best knock would be his 175 against Australia in a loss in Hyderabad when he was running on fumes and yet kept on of fighting a lost cause.Sachin was a great player but he was not better than Kohli especially in odis.

You have not watched sachin's career then.  Even 90 againt australia in 1996 world cup was better.

Watching highlights can never do justice to an innings.

Edited by Nonbeliever