Ishan Porel - new fast bowler from India (just 19 year old)

rkt.india

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

Reading posts I understand he is not 150 at all. Bowled 127 to 130 today? Surely cannot under bowl by 20 kph that too in a important semi final. Guys, what is he really worth to clock. 135 ? 

he surely bowled 10 k slower today. thread was made by me thinking he will probably 90 mph plus bowler in a few years with the way, he was bowling in the ranji trophy game shown live.

21 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he surely bowled 10 k slower today. thread was made by me thinking he will probably 90 mph plus bowler in a few years with the way, he was bowling in the ranji trophy game shown live.

You still have hope. Khalil was bowling much slower than Porel in last worldcup and now he is a 90 mph bowler.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I see . The title is very misleading. It just creates unrealistic expectations when someone like me who hasn't watched him in Ranji and blindly trust posts over here. There will be many more perhaps who trust the posts blindly because they too may not have watched him in Ranji and then when people see someone bowling at 130, a negative impression is created regarding performance. I guess it is better to state recorded speeds only because that is what they have actually performed in terms of speed rather than hype or future expectations. 

Injuries are usually not factored . We only think speed will get better. However not everyone factors that injuries are inevitable for pacers. So someone bowling 145 today will not necessarily clock 148 in future. An injury will force him to be a 135 k bowler. The point i am making is we need to state facts because pace is so dependent in injury and it is often a inevitable hindrance. Not many manage to clock 150 in real world. 

14 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

I will believe it when I see it. 

So far this guy is a trundler who is bowling less than 130 

You are too naive here. you think a 19 year old guy who was just about miss his WC due to injury would put him at risk of injury when he can do well without going at full tilt.  He is just bowling within himself at this point.  

27 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I see . The title is very misleading. It just creates unrealistic expectations when someone like me who hasn't watched him in Ranji and blindly trust posts over here. There will be many more perhaps who trust the posts blindly because they too may not have watched him in Ranji and then when people see someone bowling at 130, a negative impression is created regarding performance. I guess it is better to state recorded speeds only because that is what they have actually performed in terms of speed rather than hype or future expectations. 

Injuries are usually not factored . We only think speed will get better. However not everyone factors that injuries are inevitable for pacers. So someone bowling 145 today will not necessarily clock 148 in future. An injury will force him to be a 135 k bowler. The point i am making is we need to state facts because pace is so dependent in injury and it is often a inevitable hindrance. Not many manage to clock 150 in real world. 

you can watch second day of that ranji game on hotstar Beagal vs eventual champions Vidarbha. There no speedguns but you see the way he was making batsmen hop and jump that was quick and that wont happen if you are bowling 135K.  He injured a batsman hitting on the helmet twice with fast bouncers.  He for sure hit 140 plus in that game though i don't have evidence as speed guns were not used.  Speed guns were used in Challenger trophy where one of his game was televised and he id hit 138-140.

18 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

I will believe it when I see it. 

So far this guy is a trundler who is bowling less than 130 

In a televised U19 domestic game, Porel was bowling 130 k to 140 k

In the first game of this tournament, he was bowling 134 k to 136 k, before he twisted his ankle and could not bowl in that match and the next 2.

After return from injury, he is bowling in the 120s.

If fully fit ,  I think he is a 130 k to 140 k pacer now with steep bounce.  But he is just 19 ... may become a 135 k to 145 k pacer in the next few years if he puts in the effort.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you can watch second day of that ranji game on hotstar Beagal vs eventual champions Vidarbha. There no speedguns but you see the way he was making batsmen hop and jump that was quick and that wont happen if you are bowling 135K.  He injured a batsman hitting on the helmet twice with fast bouncers.  He for sure hit 140 plus in that game though i don't have evidence as speed guns were not used.  Speed guns were used in Challenger trophy where one of his game was televised and he id hit 138-140.

You are saying 140 in this post, however the title has 150.

15 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

You are saying 140 in this post, however the title has 150.

140 he hit in the Challengers but he looked quicker in the Ranji trophy game. Didn't have speed guns in that game, but he looked visibly quicker than.  Writing 150 in title, there is a different story behind it.    

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

140 he hit in the Challengers but he looked quicker in the Ranji trophy game. Didn't have speed guns in that game, but he looked visibly quicker than.  Writing 150 in title, there is a different story behind it.    

Exactly that is the problem. He hit 140 but what was written gave a understanding that he is 150. That is totally misleading, a difference of 10kph.

I rarely get to watch Ranji as much as other including you here might be watching, so I was thinking he is gonna bowl 150. Today he turned out to be 130. Post injury it's now 130. Hope he will be able to clock his best of 140 again. Time will tell. Great if he manages to clock 140 again and maintains that for few more years.