Very Poor and inconsistent bowling from Shami and Umesh

maniac

46 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Which catch? Dhawan dropped a catch off of Umeshs' bowling.

I have not watched the match live. I read it here in the first paragraph of the article below.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21455372/india-bowlers-lose-day-fine-margins

I did not mean his chances were dropped but they were not taken by slip fielders who should have been there to take the edges. 

Edited by sarcastic
3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

I have not watched the match live. I read it here in the first paragraph of the article below.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21455372/india-bowlers-lose-day-fine-margins

I did not mean his chances were dropped but they were not taken by slip fielders who should have been there to take the edges. 

The only drop catch I remember was Dhawan off of Umesh bowling. Dont know about any other chances.

I would not club together the performances of Shami and Umesh 

Shami was dehydrated and and suffering from cramps yesterday ( it was an unusually humid and warm day yesterday for this time of the year in Kolkata ). Even then, his pitch map and beehive were ok and he bowled well after tea. There were many edges induced and went for 4s and two catches flew through the vacant 3rd slip area.

He has bowled really well today, with pace, bounce, movement and sufficient accuracy. Has picked up 4 wickets and bowled upto 145 k.

Umesh has lacked motivation, intensity and accuracy like the SL test series and his pace is down in the last 4 months. Has been good only in the last session yesterday. He has been disappointing from the SL 2017 test series.

Edited by express bowling