Pool of seamers for away series

bhakum20

20 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Let's not get too judgemental on the basis of this game. This is technically still a 3rd day wicket because of the rain delays we've had. Our own batsmen have raced to 50 without any hassles

no other bowler is bowling wide outside leg stump and off stump

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sandeep is just too slow.

Thats fine, people said that same about Praveen Kumar and he did fine in England. We need to win matches and not create memories of little good spells. And anyone with any decent speed if they can provide then its fine. Sandeep or someone with good swing can use English conditions. Bhuvi will ofcourse be there but no harm in having another one. Also we need to sneak in a left hander, may be Aniket, to bring variety.

We shouldn’t worry too much about speed at tbis time. Its good that bowlers are bowling fast but lets not go crazy for it like we did with Umesh. We learnt the lesson with him, Umesh, the guy was never consistent. We kept backing and backing him. I would rather try Aaron like that.

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

there was a time we used to gamble on rookies and new comers and they won us games too. Sreesanth, RP, Pathan, etc.

Yes but especially Sreesanth and Irfan had that something extra to be fast-tracked to int'l level. However currently there doesn't seem to be anyone like that in Ranji that make you sit up and watch.

We did see several pacy U-19 player videos going around. It's up to Dravid/selectors to see if anyone of them are worth the hype.

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sandeep is just too slow.

I am tired of reading the fast versus slow bowlers comments on this forum, and in no way want to get into this. I would prefer Sandeep Sharma in England in case if we are going to try anyone outside the established or experienced test bowlers and that's my opinion.

Any selection of medium pace bowler is debated and opposed with one common reason....he is slow.  

Edited by Straight Drive
1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Thats fine, people said that same about Praveen Kumar and he did fine in England. We need to win matches and not create memories of little good spells. And anyone with any decent speed if they can provide then its fine. Sandeep or someone with good swing can use English conditions. Bhuvi will ofcourse be there but no harm in having another one. Also we need to sneak in a left hander, may be Aniket, to bring variety.

We shouldn’t worry too much about speed at tbis time. Its good that bowlers are bowling fast but lets not go crazy for it like we did with Umesh. We learnt the lesson with him, Umesh, the guy was never consistent. We kept backing and backing him. I would rather try Aaron like that.

The BK's and PK's are good in seaming conditions. What we need is all-condition bowlers like Shami, and dare I say it, Umesh. The ones that can bounce or york out players. Bumrah needs to be tried to see if he can do well in a variety of conditions.

Just now, bhakum20 said:

The BK's and PK's are good in seaming conditions. What we need is all-condition bowlers like Shami, and dare I say it, Umesh. The ones that can bounce or york out players. Bumrah needs to be tried to see if he can do well in a variety of conditions.

If you want pace then its Aaron, we spent so much time with Umesh, we can least at least try Aaron. Bonharm in trying Bumrah too, but Aaron hs to be tried at some point again. 

Tyagi can be added if he is consistent. 

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

PK doing well was just a result of others failing to take wickets. Someone had to take wickets and he did because he just got swing with enough accuracy after opposition scoring 500-600.

7 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I am tired of reading the fast versus slow bowlers comments on this forum, and in no way want to get into this. I would prefer Sandeep Sharma in England in case if we are going to try anyone outside the established or experienced test bowlers and that's my opinion.

Any selection of medium pace bowler is debated and opposed with one common reason....he is slow.  

You need at least 130-135 swing bowler even in England, not 125.

39 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I would also opt for Sandeep Sharma if we are going to someone else apart from established pace bowlers. 

Praveen Kumar was outstanding on tour of England and he got prodigious swing. Sandeep too is capable of that in those conditions.

He may come good in Eng, but will get destroyed in places like SA and Aus. 

So one conclusion is, apart from Bumrah, there's no uncapped bowler that looks worth trying. The names of Tyagi/Aniket/Lalit have been mentioned without much conviction. If this is the state of our reserve pool then we need a lot of luck to win abroad this season

Edited by bhakum20
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

PK doing well was just a result of others failing to take wickets. Someone had to take wickets and he did because he just got swing with enough accuracy after opposition scoring 500-600.

He had taken fifer when the score was 390 and not 500-600.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/12838/scorecard/474472/England-vs-India-1st-Test/

Point is if you have decent speed you can do well. And Sandeep isn’t a club level bowler that his speed is consistently low. He will do fine even at his speed which might not be a lot.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

He had taken fifer when the score was 390 and not 500-600.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/12838/scorecard/474472/England-vs-India-1st-Test/

Point is if you have decent speed you can do well. And Sandeep isn’t a club level bowler that his speed is consistently low. He will do fine even at his speed which might not be a lot.

Sandeep bowls at 125 kph. Regarding PK, 400 is a big total in England. He never ran through England though he was steady. Yes, I too think we need swing bowlers in England but not someone who is rendered useless once ball loses shine.

4 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

So one conclusion is, apart from Bumrah, there's no uncapped bowler that looks worth trying. The names of Tyagi/Aniket/Lalit have been mentioned without much conviction. If this is the state of our reserved pool then we need a lot of luck to win abroad this season

Yes, there is a lot of upcoming talent but don't think they are ready likes of Siraj, Thampi, Saini, Rajpoot, Chaudhary. Rajpoot can be fine too in those conditions too. These five are the closest to be ready.