DRS will be a huge plus for us in this cycle of overseas tours

Gollum

We were always victims of biased or pathetic umpiring, like stew Buckner giving tendulakr caught behind off razaq even though ball missed the bat by 2 inches in 2005 Kolkata test match, this drs is actually a boon to us, I was really happy when it was first introduce but then came dhoni and his illiterate mind was finding it hard to understand the technology kept on opposing it :wall: 

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

We were always victims of biased or pathetic umpiring, like stew Buckner giving tendulakr caught behind off razaq even though ball missed the bat by 2 inches in 2005 Kolkata test match, this drs is actually a boon to us, I was really happy when it was first introduce but then came dhoni and his illiterate mind was finding it hard to understand the technology kept on opposing it :wall: 

That village idiot has screwed Indian cricket in more ways than one can imagine. The 0-8 and 1-7 under his watch destroyed our overseas reputation built by our golden generation. Even if Kohli and co redeem our status in this cycle the stench of Dhoni era won't go away for many years. Come to think of it, if we had DRS against England in 2012, Cook would never have scored so much and we would have escaped with a drawn series. Useless good for nothing arrogant stubborn clown that Cool. And his chamchas are 10x worse.

One of the losses which hurt real bad due to the absence of DRS was Galle test, 2015. We had that game in the bag , toying with the Lankans. But Chandimal survived LBW call early in his 2nd innings which was plumb and went on to make counterattacking 162*. Then Herath bundled us out cheaply. It was horrible feeling after losing that test.

Thankfully the team came back strongly after 1st test and won next 2 tests, winning the series 2-1.

I do hope Kohli uses the reviews wisely in the upcoming overseas tours, as we all know when there is a howler one team had already used all their reviews & then feeling miserable for not able to reverse it. 

Edited by Turning_track
30 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

One of the losses which hurt real bad due to the absence of DRS was Galle test, 2015. We had that game in the bag , toying with the Lankans. But Chandimal survived LBW call early in his 2nd innings which was plumb and went on to make counterattacking 162*. Then Herath bundled us out cheaply. It was horrible feeling after losing that test.

Thankfully the team came back strongly after 1st test and won next 2 tests, winning the series 2-1.

I do hope Kohli uses the reviews wisely in the upcoming overseas tours, as we all know when there is a howler one team had already used all their reviews & then feeling miserable for not able to reverse it. 

Chandimal was out 3 times before 50 :((

Earlier Kohli was out plumb...it looked plumb even to the naked eye however he had no hesitation in going for the review and even by the looks of it Rohit didn’t stop him...Sure Kohli is the biggest match winner in the side and he needs to take advantage of all the benefits that are available out there,when it is a matter of 50-50 but from a bigger picture should that mean reviews should be wasted based on the stature of a player?

This is not just targeting Kohli but I have seen it with all Subcontinent teams where the senior just refuses to accept he is out.

This might get overlooked usually but in tight  games like this is when DRS becomes the most valuable thing out there....I had my heart in my mouth earlier when Maharaj appealed against Bhuvi and now as I type against Ashwin in what looks clearly not out but one bad decision and it’s curtains.