Which languages do you know?

Trichromatic

On 12/25/2017 at 11:38 PM, gattaca said:

ఇన్ని బాషలు ఏలా తెలుసు ?

I can't read Telugu, but can mostly read it through Kannada script (Lipi okkate kada?) Telugu from my gult-wife! In College (Engg), if you stay in hostel, you can learn all languages. We had people from all over India, not much of Punjabis though. Gujarati and Bengali mainly because of living in NJ. Had a special Mallu friend that I learnt a little bit of Malayalam,

Edited by coffee_rules

41 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Ohh great in vasco, and originally from where you are I mean ethnicity??

It is a bit complicated. My father is originally from Bhopal and my mom is originally from Palakkad (Kerala) who migrated to Delhi during her school days. I was born and brought up in West Bengal, so ethnically I am a mixed bag (North-South dono hai) but culturally a Bengali. 

Edited by Gollum

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

It is a bit complicated. My father is originally from Bhopal and my mom is originally from Palakkad (Kerala) who migrated to Delhi during her school days. I was born and brought up in West Bengal, so ethnically I am a mixed bag (North-South dono hai) but culturally a Bengali. 

Your mom is from Kerala.....you speak a little Telugu, Tamil and want to learn Kannada but what about Malayalam your technical  mother tounge :hmmmm:

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Your mom is from Kerala.....you speak a little Telugu, Tamil and want to learn Kannada but what about Malayalam your technical  mother tounge :hmmmm:

She's from a Tamil speaking family in Palakkad, many over there have Tamil as their mother tongue. Since she migrated to Delhi at a young age she herself isn't that fluent in Tamil, she can speak Tamil but not read/write. Her brothers and sisters are all settled outside Kerala so there aren't many relatives in Kerala either. I know to read and write only Hindi/Bengali. Since I stayed in Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru I have been exposed to more languages, my Tamil is better because of mom albeit still very rudimentary, never made a sincere attempt to learn. Ghar mein English/Hindi aur baahar Hindi/Bengali se kaam chal jaata hai. 

Imagine explaining all this to whoever asks me from where I am :phew:

Edited by Gollum

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

She's from a Tamil speaking family in Palakkad, many over there have Tamil as their mother tongue. Since she migrated to Delhi at a young age she herself isn't that fluent in Tamil, she can speak Tamil but not read/write. Her brothers and sisters are all settled outside Kerala so there aren't many relatives in Kerala either. I know to read and write only Hindi/Bengali. Since I stayed in Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru I have been exposed to more languages, my Tamil is better because of mom albeit still very rudimentary, never made a sincere attempt to learn. Ghar mein English/Hindi aur baahar Hindi/Bengali se kaam chal jaata hai. 

Imagine explaining all this to whoever asks me from where I am :phew:

fellow chuski :woot: