What's Up With Shami.

CG

Just now, sensible-indian said:

When a 140 bowler bowls crap, he sprays.

He doesn't start trundling out of the blue, then bowls a few overs with pace and then trundles.

That alone is enough to tell us that he isn't 100%.

Now Kohli has to answer why he picked him.

Not necessary. He could be bowling within himself to stay injury free and not giving his 100%. Same thing happened with Munaf Patel who slowed down to stay injury free even through he was capable of bowling faster.

It's not really that surprising that Shami's SC form doesn't translate to away performances. Even Javagal Srinath averaged 35 in Aus, Eng, SA, NZ, WI combined.

I do hope Shami improves. I think he is a better bowler than what he has shown in SA. 

14 minutes ago, Texan said:

If he is unfit, why is he playing? There is no record of him being unfit before this match or during this innings. What injury does he have? When he bowls badly why do you assume he is unfit or "nowhere as good"?

He had some fitness issue today. Seems like you didn't even watch the game.

Just now, rkt.india said:

He had some fitness issue today. Seems like you didn't even watch the game.

No fitness issue reported. Team management didn't say he was unfit or unwell. If he is unfit, he should not be playing. That is an even bigger concern then if he is playing when he can't give even 50%.

14 minutes ago, Texan said:

No fitness issue reported. Team management didn't say he was unfit or unwell. If he is unfit, he should not be playing. That is an even bigger concern then if he is playing when he can't give even 50%.

Did you watch. He bowled 11 overs whole day. He stayed in the dressing room of the time due to some sickness he developed midway through day. I watched the game whole day. I think you are in US and it was probably midnight there when the game started.