Navdeep Saini and Shardul Thakur will join the Indian team as net bowlers in Johannesburg ahead of the third test

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it is not about drop. it is a long tour and Shami can be rested. We have some more tours coming up. we need to know who will be our top 3 bowlers going ahead.  

You wanted the bowlers to be given a message which sounds like a punishment.

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You will have to keep the conditions in mind too. If it was India, I would have asked for a batsman and blamed batsmen for nonperformance more too, but because it is SA, i am asking for bowler and pointing fingers at the bowlers more.  if we need to really compete overseas, we will have to be better than them in at least one of the two departments than them.  We cannot out-bowl them in these conditions, you think we will outbat them?  we did neither. Whenever overseas teams have won in India, they have outbatted and outbowled us.   

Middle of the series is not the best time to decide we dont have the best bowling attack in playing 11. This R&D was to be done months before. 

What you are stating is highly impractical. Anyway, the bowlers have been doing their job so it is totally illogical to think they need to up their game when the batsmen are getting bundled out for 10 runs!

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Middle of the series is not the best time to decide we dont have the best bowling attack in playing 11. This R&D was to be done months before. 

What you are stating is highly impractical. Anyway, the bowlers have been doing their job so it is totally illogical to think they need to up their game when the batsmen are getting bundled out for 10 runs!

But series is already over.

Just now, MultiB48 said:

i think there is some inferiority complex with in the ind sys ,if a batting line up of sachin,azhar, dravid, laxman, ganguly cant take on a bowling line up of donald ,pollock, klusener, mcmillan, adams ,then there is very little you cant expect from them in these conditions ,the bowling did well but they fell short of finishing sa off ,it's almost they rate sa too highly and are happy with avg  performances against them .

The problem is, the management knows the captain favours certain players for his own benefit. Whereas, apart from Ishant, theres no other bowler who licks the ass of kaptaan. So, lets f*ck around with bowlers because hey, they are dispensable! The expendables!

17 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The problem is, the management knows the captain favours certain players for his own benefit. Whereas, apart from Ishant, theres no other bowler who licks the ass of kaptaan. So, lets f*ck around with bowlers because hey, they are dispensable! The expendables!

Even batsmen are expandable. Rahane, Rahul, Vijay, Pujara, Dhawan all have been dropped time to time. Only constant is Kohli. 

13 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

there were already 4 net bowlers +umesh and bhuvi ...= 6 net bowlers and shammi,ishant ,hardik and bumrah.

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

lol what they need is good batsmen, bolwlers are doing their job taking 20 wickets and setting it up. Can fn chase 200 odd even after bowling opp for 130 thats batting failure. 

The 4 original net bowlers were back in India after the first test.

Getting in 2 new net bowlers, and team management working with them to get them ready for the future, looks like a good idea.

The batsmen will get practice from fresh quick bowlers too.  They need the practice.

I think our pacers have done quite well in this series.

Could have dismissed SA for less if we had taken catches like SA.

But ...

I look for pacers to bowl with accuracy and intensity  ( at their full pace, with bounce and zip  and with objectivity  )

Bumrah and Bhuvi have done both

Ishant and Shami have lacked intensity from time to time.  There is room for improvement there.

Saini was bowling with both accuracy and intensity in both the Ranji semifinal and final ....  5 day matches.  He could be effective.

56 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

No! Not at all. This is south africa, not bangladesh!

Didnt bumrah debut in a dead rubber in australia and see where he is today 

What their to loose , if u find a youngsters that wud be gr8. 

We all know what to expect from all our bowlers, its time we learn something new. 

Shami is struggling with fitness (can be rested)

Bumrah will play every games ( needs rest time to time)

Ishant has been avg ever since

Umesh is inconsistent 

IF WE ARE ABLE TO FIND SOMEONE BETTER, WHATS THE HARM

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

i think there is some inferiority complex with in the ind sys ,if a batting line up of sachin,azhar, dravid, laxman, ganguly cant take on a bowling line up of donald ,pollock, klusener, mcmillan, adams ,then there is very little you can expect from them in these conditions ,the bowling did well but they fell short of finishing sa off ,it's like  they rate sa too highly and are happy with avg  performances against them .

it is not about inferiority complex. A top class bowler most often than not will get the better of a top class batsman in favorable conditions because a bowler needs just one good ball to dismiss a batsman and on a helpful surface, he can bowl many many good balls.  Our bowlers could not do that which means they did not bowl enough good balls.  Also, our batsmen are still inferior when it comes to facing the fast bowlers than batsmen coming from Aus, SA, and NZ.  they are born and brought up on those faster, bouncier pitches facing quality quicks.  They are a product of their environment.  

7 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

no doubt they were poor in performance and the results but if the lineup of sachin,azhar and co were inferior to any int batting unit then you may forget about any improvements in the future,dont forget we used to struggle even in sl, any foreign tour was like an impossible task for them.

Sachin and Azhar were also products of their environment. If we change things in India, things will change for us outside India. We may lose that home advantage though.

From what I have seen, saini is a good prospect for future. But what’s your opinion about shardul, he looks pint sized like bilawal batti of pak, both good pace but could he extract bounce ?

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I think our pacers have done quite well in this series.

Could have dismissed SA for less if we had taken catches like SA.

But ...

I look for pacers to bowl with accuracy and intensity  ( at their full pace, with bounce and zip  and with objectivity  )

Bumrah and Bhuvi have done both

Ishant and Shami have lacked intensity from time to time.  There is room for improvement there.

Saini was bowling with both accuracy and intensity in both the Ranji semifinal and final ....  5 day matches.  He could be effective.

Edited by joe777z
None
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

series is lost so whether it is south africa or bangladesh does not matter.

A little bit of knowledge on psychology and human behaviour will help. Btw, because series is lost, it doesnt mean we go ahead commit harakiri! 

You kick out players for no fault, you will shake the team. I think its very hard for you to understand.

Edited by Rightarmfast