Navdeep Saini and Shardul Thakur will join the Indian team as net bowlers in Johannesburg ahead of the third test

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Why is Yadav not playing in SA? because he performed badly after that. Ishant was lower in pecking order, did well in the last series and played ahead of him.  He was the worst fast bowler from both sides in the test series at home.  Even on a good track at Eden, he sprayed the ball around.  How is captain supposed to play such a bowler who cannot land the balls at good length consistently. You cannot afford a relief bowler overseas where your spinners dont come in to play much.  Why we struggle in tests with the ball overseas because we are not able to maintain pressure from both ends. One bowler does well, the leaks. This has been a pattern with Indian bowlers.  Our bowling performance in these two tests has been somewhat respectable but we were still not able to build that pressure from both ends on a consistent basis.   

:) You seem to be that kind of a doctor who, when his patient is suffering from cancer, is more eager to give medicines for his headache!

2 hours ago, CG said:

.Look at Yadav had good bowling performances on dustbowls versus England and aus where 10-12 Catches were dropped of his bowling and He does not get a chance in Bowling friendly conditions in SA.Even Ishant Bowled well last test.You don't build bowling attacks by consistently changing bowlers.

Umesh was in good form in the  2016-17 season.  Bowling with much better accuracy than he used to, bowling at 138 k to 148 k and getting reverse swing both ways. I wonder whether it had something to do with Kumble.

From the SL 2017 series , after Kumble left, he has looked like a different bowler. Has totally lost his recently found accuracy, is bowling at a lower pace than he has ever bowled at and looking totally out of focus.  The same thing happened in the Ranji matches he played.

Ishant bowled decently in the last test , but he was bowling well in  Ranji too.

Umesh needs to get back his intent and focus of 2016-17 season, otherwise it won't be easy to take him.

11 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

The point is, it sends a wrong signal to the players. They are humans afterall. If a punishment is being meted out, you better be fair as a leader or its going to have a long term adverse effect on the whole team. 

Ngidi came when Steyn was clearly injured. Cant say the same for Indian team. However, what is clear is that the batsmen are just freeloaders. Either kick them out, or just play 11 bowlers as the bowlers are batting better than the batsmen.

After 40 overs even the bowlers are managing to hold up fine. After 40 overs, even Pandya managed to stay on the pitch. Its 40 overs criteria. Dont put blame on all the batsman in general. first 1-2-3 need to hang around for 30-40 overs to shield the middle order. You do that and game is yours.

first 40 score 100 with 2 down

next 40 score 160-180.

Total score 280 min.

My dear friends..

ONe good Point..

if we win the odi series we would have taken revenge of the loss in test series.

if we win t20 series we would have gone ahead of SA team as a team.

even if we loose 2-1 its a respectable loss and acceptable specially when we are visiting africa but yes if we loose 3-0 its a carnage and even 2-0 is bad.

but i hope we win the ODI series and t20 series. 

i hope shastri and Bangar put some serious efforts with the batting team as the bowling coach seems to be doing a fairly good job ..bhuvi and bumrah have tried hard n done well and shammi , though seemed to be not at his best fitness still came back with a new different action and got some wickets - did you notice he was bowling with a different action.

even hardik has bowled OK..cant say he has bowled well.

ishant has been a bit defensive and i would want him to be attacking.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, express bowling said:

Interesting excerpt

" Although Saini is flying as an unofficial member, there might be no shock if the workforce administration provides him to the squad formally for the ODI collection or perhaps for the third Take a look at as effectively. "

i also read this line at least 4 times...

i think they may not do as bowlers have been fairing OK....but if the team management is OPEN enough then i would appreciate their bravado.

20 hours ago, dial_100 said:

After 40 overs even the bowlers are managing to hold up fine. After 40 overs, even Pandya managed to stay on the pitch. Its 40 overs criteria. Dont put blame on all the batsman in general. first 1-2-3 need to hang around for 30-40 overs to shield the middle order. You do that and game is yours.

first 40 score 100 with 2 down

next 40 score 160-180.

Total score 280 min.

why was Parthiv picked if his keeping was considered to be so BAD.

SAHA is such a SUB STANDARD/BAD  Batsman outside of INDIA..even worse batsman than Ashwin that i have no confidence in SAHA scoring runs outside of INDIA..a keeper as to score atleast 40 runs on an average in each innings and i think he is scoring 8 runs at an average. he does score runs in india and even in india there are so many batsman keepers who are way better than SAHA...though i am impressed with his keeping skills but his batting skills are truly 3/10. if karthik scores a 50 in one innings at least and keeps well in the third test..he should be preferred to saha and if he also fails in either batting or keeping , we need to invest in the young delhi keeper and give him time to fail too. 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

My dear friends..

ONe good Point..

if we win the odi series we would have taken revenge of the loss in test series.

if we win t20 series we would have gone ahead of SA team as a team.

even if we loose 2-1 its a respectable loss and acceptable specially when we are visiting africa but yes if we loose 3-0 its a carnage and even 2-0 is bad.

but i hope we win the ODI series and t20 series. 

i hope shastri and Bangar put some serious efforts with the batting team as the bowling coach seems to be doing a fairly good job ..bhuvi and bumrah have tried hard n done well and shammi , though seemed to be not at his best fitness still came back with a new different action and got some wickets - did you notice he was bowling with a different action.

even hardik has bowled OK..cant say he has bowled well.

ishant has been a bit defensive and i would want him to be attacking.

Ishant is not a bowler who is capable of attacking. He is by definition defensive. 

On Fri Jan 19 2018 at 8:35 AM, rkt.india said:

Less than 350 is because of the pitches they bowled on. 

Pitch comes into the picture purely  because of Ind batting performance regardless of the pitch I hv certainly started to believe Ind batting is at its weakest phase in 15-20 years.Sa batting is way ahead of us and pitches are by no means too bowler friendly,our bowler s did exceptionally well to let us have a shot at the target in both the matches aur ab tak 25 saal ka hisaab bhi chukta ho chuka hota:no:

Edited by Suhaan
On 1/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, express bowling said:

Interesting excerpt

" Although Saini is flying as an unofficial member, there might be no shock if the workforce administration provides him to the squad formally for the ODI collection or perhaps for the third Take a look at as effectively. "

Regional Gujrati newspaper say Avesh Khan too, already in southafrica giving practices to the Indian batsman in the nets

whole day yesterday,instead of practices in the nets, our players were visited in SAFARI and Shopping nearby 5 star Resorts.

i expect major changes in Indian team fo saves White wash but I doubt Parthiv can Left Out for Dinesh K.i can not trust Siraj for ODI series but Shardul or Saini should get chance but I wonder why India took Jadeja/ Umesh in the team ?

India looks sets to drops Rohit for Rahane newspaper says 

On 1/19/2018 at 11:30 PM, Rightarmfast said:

:) You seem to be that kind of a doctor who, when his patient is suffering from cancer, is more eager to give medicines for his headache!

It's time we raise our standards for bowler, raise expectations and not stay happy with just average performances. Bowling was good in patches but you can't win test series overseas by that. We kept them off the hook whenever they were under pressure by leaking boundaries, serving half volleys, harmless half trackers. None of the SA bowlers gave us freebies. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

It's time we raise our standards for bowler, raise expectations and not stay happy with just average performances. Bowling was good in patches but you can't win test series overseas by that. We kept them off the hook whenever they were under pressure by leaking boundaries, serving half volleys, harmless half trackers. None of the SA bowlers gave us freebies. 

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at your logic! And I think talking seems like banging my head against a wall. If you want to break the team forever, sure they should get a new bowler. If a team for the future is required, then the bowlers should be rewarded. You are free to form your opinions and free to have a poll and be with the majority! I give up talking sense with you!