Violent protests in many states a day before 'Padmaavat' release

Singh bling

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Arey yar PK ke liye bhi nahi Banta tha according to the many... 

Just see the tendency of the filmmakers, hindu girl with a Pakistani... If it was hindu guy with a Pakistani girl, the film would not even release in Pakistan.. Why even have  Pakistan reference in so many  movies ?  (Btw dangal didn't release there  coz they wanted to remove Indian national anthem)

Why should that nation occupy our mind space via such movies ? 

Regarding padmavat, there is no smoke with out fire... It might have had some objectionable content initially (or even now), bhansali got free publicity n now,  movie will be a hit.. 

No matter what people say the Khans of Bollywood have ties with other islamic nations , that's why they refused to meet Israeli PM 

Padmavat has removed some scenes and even changed the name  I don't think there is much objectionable

Arnab saw the movie a month back and gave a 1st hand review telling that the film only glorified the Rajputs and vilified the barbarian invaders, Rajputs should take a chill pill. Bollywood has crossed the line many times portraying our army negatively, glorifying terrorists, mocking faiths etc, this is not that bad.

27 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

No matter what people say the Khans of Bollywood have ties with other islamic nations , that's why they refused to meet Israeli PM 

Padmavat has removed some scenes and even changed the name  I don't think there is much objectionable

The Khans and many other Muslim actors of post 90s have got a big push from the underworld, no sane person can question that. Much greater Muslim actors before them couldn't reach superstardom simply because there was no terrorist/criminal network backing them.  

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

The Khans and many other Muslim actors of post 90s have got a big push from the underworld, no sane person can question that. Much greater Muslim actors before them couldn't reach superstardom simply because there was no terrorist/criminal network backing them.  

Almost everything in your post is incorrect.

1) The Khans aren't an entity. Many a times their business interest/ film release dates are at loggerheads with one another.

2) Dilip Kumar was a superstar some 40 years before the Khans.

3) Do you have anything to back up your claim that the Khans and the Muslim actors got a big push from the underworld? I am questioning that, at the risk of you questioning my sanity.

4) Hypothetically, even if your claims were true, why would the backing of the underworld make a person a superstar??

Anyways, this thread is not about the alleged underworld card holding membership of the 'Khans', but about the mental problems of the Karni sena.

I saw Padmavati last night, and there is absolutely NOTHING even remotely offensive about the Rajput community. The are glorified as just, noble and those who withhold their morality even in the face of untold adversity. The exact anti-theses of the Karni Sena.

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Lol all the free hype and it did only 18 crore on 1st day. It's a FLOP. Not going to recover its total budget at all.

Moreover, I am hearing it is a typical slb film...long, boring and not much for the youth. That didn't stop Bajirao Mastani from becoming a hit, but that wasn't as expensive.

It is not showing in 4 states. That hits business. Sanjay Leela Bhansali has lost out on a lot of money because of the thug enforced ban. It would call it a flop if it doesn't rake in the $ over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Far as I know , initially there was supposed to be a song filmed on a dream sequence which showed Khilji romancing with Padmini . After the assault SLB reportedly removed it.

This was a Karni Sena claim. How they came to that conclusion no one knows. SLB denied about such a 'dream sequence' from day one. The 'sena' probably wanted to extort some money, and played out this charade of being offended. SLB didn't flinch.

In fact SLB, has been screening the play Padmavat since 2013 in theatres in Paris. Ran quite well there. This movie is a lengthier, CGI infested version of that.

6 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Arey yar PK ke liye bhi nahi Banta tha according to the many... 

Just see the tendency of the filmmakers, hindu girl with a Pakistani... If it was hindu guy with a Pakistani girl, the film would not even release in Pakistan.. Why even have  Pakistan reference in so many  movies ?  (Btw dangal didn't release there  coz they wanted to remove Indian national anthem)

Why should that nation occupy our mind space via such movies ? 

Regarding padmavat, there is no smoke with out fire... It might have had some objectionable content initially (or even now), bhansali got free publicity n now,  movie will be a hit.. 

The movie Henna released in Pakistan.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1991-09-06/news/9103070216_1_india-and-pakistan-indian-pakistani-henna

Does the religion of the character mean so much to you, when you see a film?

13 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

It is not showing in 4 states. That hits business. Sanjay Leela Bhansali has lost out on a lot of money because of the thug enforced ban. It would call it a flop if it doesn't rake in the $ over the weekend. 

It has had a disappointing opening in Gulf, where SLBs previous movies did very well. I guess the audience there didn't want to watch an islamic evil ruler coming into India to stake claim on someone's wife. 

13 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Movie is insured for substantial sum (more than the budget). Bhansali will come out smelling of roses either way. 

The movie is mainly produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures. Bhansali's share of the ~160cr production pie is smaller.

The bulk of the insurance money ( and Insurance premiums are raised when the CBFC delays to give a green chit), most of the money form satellite deals and digital deals will go to Viacom18. Bhansali remuneration has a disproportionately large component on how well the film does. He may actually not end up making much.

3 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

It has had a disappointing opening in Gulf, where SLBs previous movies did very well. I guess the audience there didn't want to watch an islamic evil ruler coming into India to stake claim on someone's wife. 

I thought Khilji was born in India.

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The movie Henna released in Pakistan.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1991-09-06/news/9103070216_1_india-and-pakistan-indian-pakistani-henna

Does the religion of the character mean so much to you, when you see a film?

Ranjhna was apparently banned there:

"Chief Executive Officer of IMGC Global Entertainment Amjad Rasheed, the importer of Raanjhanaa , told that he received a letter from CBFC (Pakistani censor board) with directives to shelve the film's release. "The letter from CBFC states that the film portrays an inapt image of a Muslim girl (played by Sonam Kapoor) falling in love with a Hindu man and having an affair with him."

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Pakistan-Film-Censor-Board-has-banned-Raanjhanaa/amp_articleshow/20894237.cms

I am not important... What's important is to create awareness abt Pakistani mindset, the mindset of intolerant Islam which has caused, and continues to cause, so much hate n bloodshed in this world. 

Just now, randomGuy said:

I am not important... What's important is to create awareness abt Pakistani mindset, the mindset of intolerant Islam which has caused, and continues to cause, so much hate n bloodshed in this world. 

What has Padmavat to do with the Pakistani mindset?

On one hand you say Bollywood is obsessed with Pakistan and on the other hand, you bring Pakistan into this conversation.

I think they do enough harm to their own society? They don't need our help.

Have you seen this movie? If not, please do, and tell me what exactly do you find offensive to Rajput aan/maan/shaan and/or Hindu belief? Why is this such a religiously charged discussion?

42 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Almost everything in your post is incorrect.

1) The Khans aren't an entity. Many a times their business interest/ film release dates are at loggerheads with one another.

2) Dilip Kumar was a superstar some 40 years before the Khans.

3) Do you have anything to back up your claim that the Khans and the Muslim actors got a big push from the underworld? I am questioning that, at the risk of you questioning my sanity.

4) Hypothetically, even if your claims were true, why would the backing of the underworld make a person a superstar??

Anyways, this thread is not about the alleged underworld card holding membership of the 'Khans', but about the mental problems of the Karni sena.

I saw Padmavati last night, and there is absolutely NOTHING even remotely offensive about the Rajput community. The are glorified as just, noble and those who withhold their morality even in the face of untold adversity. The exact anti-theses of the Karni Sena.

I am pro Padmavati release and anti Karni Sena, last para I have nothing to add.

Why did Dilip Kumar use the name 'Dilip Kumar' and not Yusuf Khan? I doubt many even know he's Muslim.

Why the sudden domination by Khans after late 80s? Weren't they being backed by the underworld? Is it infeasible that producers would get phone calls asking for roles to be assigned to bhais, a la Godather? Iqbal Mirchi married some daughter of an Indian director didn't he? I am just saying D company had a real interest in Bollywood and let us admit it, they are a bunch of fanatical Muslims backed by Pak deep state.  I won't lump Haji Mastan with the late 80s-90s Bombay underworld because he was just a criminal, not an anti national and not a Hindu hater.

How can there be a lull in Muslim superstars for so many years and a spurt of them during D company's peak? Connect the dots.

So what if they are at loggerheads today. They are superstars today and the underworld has little clout now, they can bicker and argue all they want. Were they at loggerheads in the 90s or is it just a recent phenomenon, I don't follow their gupshup so don't know. When there is an authority you don't see the subordinates arguing, the moment the authority collapses all hell breaks loose, something similar here? During the Aishwarya Rai-Salman-Vivek Oberoi jhamela I think Salman called her and used his D company contacts to threaten her, some of the names taken were behind the 1993 Bombay serial bomb blasts, so please stop trying to downplay the dark side of Bollywood. 

Edited by Gollum

6 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Yes, but the way the movie has been marketed it makes it look like an evil muslim ruler came to Rajasthan to steal someone's wife. Many arab friends of mine feel like that. 

I don't think SLB or anyone in Bollywood really cares about what the Arabs feel. They aren't a target audience. YOU ARE. Even in the UAE and other nations of the Gulf, its the desis who make the bulk of the cinema goers when it comes to Bollywood. If the Arabs are hurt by it, they needn't watch it. Having said that, I have seen youtube channels on youtube where critics from the Middle East (Arabs) said they were waiting for the movie, after watching the trailers.

The bigger travesty is that on Republic Day, the police is protecting theatres. I am sure there must be bigger installations in this country that need police cover on such a day. Do you not think this is an absolute waste of resources?

7 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

What has Padmavat to do with the Pakistani mindset?

On one hand you say Bollywood is obsessed with Pakistan and on the other hand, you bring Pakistan into this conversation.

I think they do enough harm to their own society? They don't need our help.

Have you seen this movie? If not, please do, and tell me what exactly do you find offensive to Rajput aan/maan/shaan and/or Hindu belief? Why is this such a religiously charged discussion?

I was talking about the mindset of Indian filmmakers. Please read the posts. 

29 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This was a Karni Sena claim. How they came to that conclusion no one knows. SLB denied about such a 'dream sequence' from day one. The 'sena' probably wanted to extort some money, and played out this charade of being offended. SLB didn't flinch.

In fact SLB, has been screening the play Padmavat since 2013 in theatres in Paris. Ran quite well there. This movie is a lengthier, CGI infested version of that.

I have seen news reports about the same back in 2016 when shooting began. Now it might have been a masala news of sorts but the fact remains that KS didn't just conjure the claim out of thin air.

There definitely was something fishy about this whole matter.

Oh and also an organization of Rajputs from jaipur (Rajput sabha or smth like that) even sent a letter to SLB a couple of months before the assault inquiring about the supposed rumors that were gathering steam around that time. I saw the copy of that letter yesterday only. It was only after when SLB refused to reply and continued shooting the movie that the unfortunate events at film set took place.

2 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Lol all the free hype and it did only 18 crore on 1st day. It's a FLOP. Not going to recover its total budget at all.

Moreover, I am hearing it is a typical slb film...long, boring and not much for the youth. That didn't stop Bajirao Mastani from becoming a hit, but that wasn't as expensive.

With so much violence R , U expecting people to wear , Khilji and Ratan Singh's armours and then go to film.