K11P Playing 11

Straight Drive

10 hours ago, ipl_16 said:

I would play Gayle instead of Miller. Both are not consistent and would rather take my chance with Gayle than Miller.

+1.  Gayle's downside is that he is a poor rotator of strike, and the days he gets out for 7(14) will be tough to resurrect the innings momentum.  But he's still a good bet to win you a couple of games, and set up a couple more.  

On 2/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, Jamadagni said:

Finch

Agarwal

Nair

Rahul(wk) 

Yuvraj

Miller 

Stonis 

Axar

Ashwin(c) 

Tye

Mohit

Wow! Didn't realize KXIP were this strong. Batting all the way till 9. 

Mostly this. But I'd play Sran/Rajpoot instead of Mohit Sharma. The funny thing is Rahul cannot open in this team as well. If he performs well at #4, that should help his cause to play in the middle order for team India. 

12 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Yup, apart from Andrew Tye, the T20 star bowler, there is clear lack of quality in bowling.  

14 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Good Batting...equally **** bowling.

IF the pitches in mohali are slow 

axar, ashwin, mohit sharma, rajpoot, tye, stonis wont be a bad bowling attack. Also mujeeb can be a surprise package 

Guess Finch would be dropped. Who comes in. Miller's not been in in much form either.  Marcus Stoinis too didn't well in few matches he played, didn't he ?

Play with 3 foreignors and get Axar in playing 11.

i think they shud back finch n give him few games at 3, he is a match winner

get in akashdeep nath for aggarwal who has been failing again n again

Gayle

Rahul

Finch

Nair

Tiwary

Nath 

Looks much better and everyone gets to bat at a good position for themselves

i think they shud back finch n give him few games at 3, he is a match winner

get in akashdeep nath for aggarwal who has been failing again n again

Gayle

Rahul

Finch

Nair

Tiwary

Nath 

Looks much better and everyone gets to bat at a good position for themselves

Good point regarding Mayank Agarwal. That is also one weakness to work upon. I missed that.But Finch has done worse than Mayank . 

Punjab can afford to give more matches to Finch as they are still in top 4. But it's a risk if they get complacent. With Ashwin batting at 7, I would ensure all batsmen are in form, though only few will click in same match.

Edited by Straight Drive

Good point regarding Mayank Agarwal. That is also one weakness to work upon. I missed that.But Finch has done worse than Mayank . 

Finch is a quality player and a few failures happens to everyone

The last game he hit the 1st ball for a six, so it shows he isnt out of form

So back him

Thy have back someone like yuvraj for so many games why not finch

Punjab can afford to give more matches to Finch as they are still in top 4. But it's a risk if they get complacent. With Ashwin batting at 7, I would ensure all batsmen are in form, though only few will click in same match.

till the time they dnt stop making errors in field they ll always be ona edge of  defeat specially in a pressure situation. Captain has to put more effort himself on field, look at gayle...he is TAKING SINGLES N DOUBLES

Finch is a quality player and a few failures happens to everyone

The last game he hit the 1st ball for a six, so it shows he isnt out of form

So back him

Thy have back someone like yuvraj for so many games why not finch

till the time they dnt stop making errors in field they ll always be ona edge of  defeat specially in a pressure situation. Captain has to put more effort himself on field, look at gayle...he is TAKING SINGLES N DOUBLES

By no means I am saying Mayank is better than Finch. The point i wanted to make is that Mayank has scored many runs more than Finch and on current form is better than Finch in this IPL so far. 

One can write an essay about Punjab's fielding this IPL. It's been that horrible.

Indeed it is nice to see the spark in Gayle. Being unsold has probably made him realize he needed to perform than take his selection form granted. The singles and twos show he has worked upon what was once his weakness in spite of being the greatest T20 batsman ever. Not even arguable. Punjab now has got an inform Gayle in 2 crores !!!! How lucky Punjab have been in auctions.  Fortune favors the brave decision makers is what Sehwag may argue.

Edited by Straight Drive

By no means I am saying Mayank is better than Finch. The point i wanted to make is that Mayank has scored many runs more than Finch and on current form is better than Finch in this IPL so far. 

One can write an essay about Punjab's fielding this IPL. It's been that horrible.

Indeed it is nice to see the spark in Gayle. Being unsold has probably made him realize he needed to perform than take his selection form granted. The singles and twos show he has worked upon what was once his weakness in spite of being the greatest T20 batsman ever. Not even arguable. Punjab now has got an inform Gayle in 2 crores !!!! How lucky Punjab have been in auctions.  Fortune favors the brave decision makers is what Sehwag may argue.

finch has also been batting all over the order 

Ill look at at it from other, mayank had so many chances n he didnt make anyone count so current form is nothing in this case. 

Ill go with quality over a few runs 

finch has also been batting all over the order 

Ill look at at it from other, mayank had so many chances n he didnt make anyone count so current form is nothing in this case. 

Ill go with quality over a few runs 

Player / Innings / Runs

Finch / 5/24

Mayank / 7/ 105

Every place in playing 11 is crucial. Bad form over 5 matches is not something which can be ignored over a competitive tournament imo.