Battle of young batsmen: Shaw vs Gill

Battle of young batsmen  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Shaw or Gill?

• Prithvi Shaw
    • Shubman Gill

Shaw has a serious technical deficiency in that he moves his back foot back, both in his trigger and when he drives. That problem makes you susceptible to balls like the one that clean bowled him today. How do I know? Because I developed the same problem in my game at one point; that mistake alone changed my batting from VVS Laxman to Jasprit Bumrah. He can fix it but needs to discuss with Dravid promptly and rectify.

Edited by mancalledsting
On 1/31/2018 at 3:58 AM, SUMO said:

India A tour to eng/ Aus/ SA will tell us real picture.
forget about fastracking to national side 
they should be fast tracked to india A immediately

last india tour A to SA
test squad : panchal kishan nair iyer(c) mukund chatterjee bawne vihari aniket ankit saini shardul siraj jayant nadeem
-----replace them with mayank shaw gill khaleel nagarkoti gopal

list A squad : pandey(c) mandeep iyer hooda nair samson pant krunal shanker siraj thampi kaul shardul yuzi axar jayant
-----replace them with mayank, anmolpreet, gill, mavi, avesh, rahul chahar, anukul, abhishek sharma

Iyer pandey yuzi axar nair are senior players now, shardul is in the squad.
Mukund aniket chatterjee nadeem kaul dont look international claas to me.
Nair and jayant are more suited to tests

when is the next A tour?

Gill is ahead..not that Shaw is too far behind ,has some weaknesses in his technique,which can be sorted out as kid is too raw.Gill is more of a complete package but needs to work very hard to go to the next level ie Indian team as there are several Yes-men in the team and selection committee who will constantly ignore his gun performances .. 

31 minutes ago, velu said:

any opinion abt manjat kalra ? 

he reminds me of yuvraj 

Manjot Kalra, seems to have a good eye. Reckon needs to refine his technique in first class so can focus on timing ball better and be more compact (less expansive). Could potentially play for India in future but would say at least 3 years away.