Anything less than 2019 World cup is not acceptable

Singh bling

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Rest of the teams are not coming to WC to be good sport for us. 

And by the way, the most balanced ODI team in the world, England, says hi. 

England bowling to be honest is cannon fodder until anderson plays and suddenly finds swing.

21 hours ago, Unleashed said:

Hahaha, it really wasn't on here. Most people were expecting SF exit when the squads were announced. Go look at the predictions for the CT thread. Nobody gave India any chance.

Some of the people here are actually hilariously clueless about Cricket, there's some comment above me calling Virat a choker. Jesus christ.

Their opponents in CT was mostly Asian teams bar one match against SA. And they got beat soundly in final. I think its you who need to be updated about Cricket. 

7 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

2019 WC being in England. I would go with this line up based on current form

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Rahane 

Dhoni 

Jadhav / Gill / Pandey / Jadeja

Pandya

Bhuvi / Shami 

Chahal 

Yadav

Bumrah

In England, Rahane’s role must be similar to Root’s. Keep the innings together. 

I don't think you need someone holding the innings on flat England pitches at 4. Number needs a batsman who can change gears when needed. Rahane is incapable in that regard. My option is play Rahul at 4 for re of the year.  Jadhav, jaddu, gill pandey not suited at 6. I will have Krunal, shankar, or nitish rana at 6. All three provide us an extra bowling option too. Spin in krunal and seam the rest of the two.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I don't think you need someone holding the innings on flat England pitches at 4. Number needs a batsman who can change gears when needed. Rahane is incapable in that regard. My option is play Rahul at 4 for re of the year.  Jadhav, jaddu, gill pandey not suited at 6. I will have Krunal, shankar, or nitish rana at 6. All three provide us an extra bowling option too. Spin in krunal and seam the rest of the two.

It’s amazing. After all the nautanki IPL, we cant find too really strong hitters of the ball whocsn sustain decent bowling. Pandya will not get much bowling in his half from now onwards. 

We don't have hitters who smashes fours, sixes effortlessly or without losing the shape.  Yuvraj , Dhoni used to do that job. Raina could purely muscle the ball over even when he doesn't time. We miss all 3 for different reasons. None of the available players can match that combo. Yuvraj and Dhoni could buckle down and  build if necessary.  We don't even have players to do one job let alone two jobs. We have to go through trial and error as much as possible before world cup. Persisting with Kahane, Jadhav is a recipe for disaster.

1 dhawan

2 rohit

3 kohli

4 rahul

5 gill

6 pant (wk)

7 hooda 

8 pandya

want to see a combination of these 8 in most XI’s moving towards the WC. Need to see if pandya can bat consistently enough to have a top 7 spot and if he can do the lower order hitting role well enough 

in which case take the top 6 from above as the team with pandya at 7. Hooda and Gill then fight for a spot, if these two excel then they put pressure on Rahul, Rohit and dhawan for a spot.

Edited by gazza
15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes we need a hitter but i was specifically talking about Yuvraj. 

Yes. What is wrong with him? He was one of the biggest match winner for us. Let us not filter him with venues. He usually comes late in the order. He made 82 in Nairobi against mighty Aussies with crisp shots. Our current crop is not even 50% as good as  him.