Thinner leaner Raina played with lots of intent today

gakgupta

5 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

I think Kedhar Jhadav hasn't had a consistent run in the side to demonstrate his credentials. Only reason I wouldn't go for him is that by the time he flourishes, he'll be near retirement. Otherwise, with right opportunities, may do well. Sadly a lot of people disregard him because of his short stature..without even bothering to assess his cricketing credentials

I actually believe that he should get a run at #4.  

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Backward move if selected for ODIs. His debut was almost 13 years back. T20, yes, he has become a shoe-in.

Does not matter as long as he is the best fit for the role.. Kohli and Rohit debuted more than 10 years ago. MSD debuted before Raina I believe.. Raina still has the capability to be our MVP after Kohli. 

2 minutes ago, kruiser said:

Does not matter as long as he is the best fit for the role.. Kohli and Rohit debuted more than 10 years ago. MSD debuted before Raina I believe.. Raina still has the capability to be our MVP after Kohli. 

He has a monumental weakness against short pitch bowling in the slightly longer format (ODIs, Tests). He can be easily exploited, and he was dropped rightly so. What has changed since his frop in ODIs to warrant a re-selection? Just because he can tonk a few with fielder restrictions in T20s. No. He failed in domestic List A as well.