PSL is a trulyunique league

Karachi: A few team owners in the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) are not happy with the attitude of some of their overseas signings, who they suspect are not going all out to avoid fitness/fatigue issues before the lucrative Indian Premier League.

Sources in some of the franchises competing in the PSL have said that some players have even pulled out of matches citing niggles.

"Joffra Archer is one example. He is playing for Quetta Gladiators and he pulled out of a crucial match and this didnt exactly make the owners, management or fellow players happy, a source said.

He said the Quetta Gladiators owner, Nadeem Omar, didnt say anything to Archer but suspected the all-rounder was only keen on being fully fit and fresh for the IPL, which begins shortly after the PSL ends on March 25.

Archer will make his IPL debut this year and was bought for an astounding USD 800,000 by Rajasthan Royals.

Defending champions, Peshawar Zalmi, are also not happy with the unavailability of West Indian veteran all-rounder, Dwayne Bravo, who is yet to show up in the PSL third edition. Zalmi depends heavily on the all-rounder who is reportedly yet to fully recover from an injury and reach Dubai.

"It is not about the money but when you lose a player of high caliber it upsets the teams plans," one source said.

Bravo has been retained by Chennai Super Kings for this year's IPL for 6.40 crore approximately USD one million.

Sources say few others in the PSL who have been auctioned in the IPL are also suspected of not giving their best and reserving their resources for the more lucrative Indian league.

Pakistan's former Test captain, Salman Butt, says he is not surprised since there are many T20 leagues being played in the world but the IPL remains the most lucrative for players.

"Top players would prefer to be in the IPL 100 percent fit and in fresh. Because if you perform there you get richer and noticed quickly."

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/foreign-stars-saving-themselves-for-ipl-feel-psl-team-owners-1676527.html

On 2/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, jusarrived said:

By that logic , since we have Virat whos been carrying the batting for couple of years now , should we worry about who else is picked in the middle order ?

imagine , WC final and Virat/Dhawan have an off day and the trophy is dependent on our Shehzad ? 

Rohit averages 50 as an opener with an SR of 90. If Shehzad had averaged 50, SR of 90 and had 3 doubles, no chance he would have been dropped from the team. Shehzad averages 32 with an SR of 72 as an opener. You are comparing chalk and cheese.  Rohit is one of the best ODI openers of all time.

5 hours ago, Mosher said:

Karachi: A few team owners in the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) are not happy with the attitude of some of their overseas signings, who they suspect are not going all out to avoid fitness/fatigue issues before the lucrative Indian Premier League.

Sources in some of the franchises competing in the PSL have said that some players have even pulled out of matches citing niggles.

"Joffra Archer is one example. He is playing for Quetta Gladiators and he pulled out of a crucial match and this didnt exactly make the owners, management or fellow players happy, a source said.

He said the Quetta Gladiators owner, Nadeem Omar, didnt say anything to Archer but suspected the all-rounder was only keen on being fully fit and fresh for the IPL, which begins shortly after the PSL ends on March 25.

Archer will make his IPL debut this year and was bought for an astounding USD 800,000 by Rajasthan Royals.

Defending champions, Peshawar Zalmi, are also not happy with the unavailability of West Indian veteran all-rounder, Dwayne Bravo, who is yet to show up in the PSL third edition. Zalmi depends heavily on the all-rounder who is reportedly yet to fully recover from an injury and reach Dubai.

"It is not about the money but when you lose a player of high caliber it upsets the teams plans," one source said.

Bravo has been retained by Chennai Super Kings for this year's IPL for 6.40 crore approximately USD one million.

Sources say few others in the PSL who have been auctioned in the IPL are also suspected of not giving their best and reserving their resources for the more lucrative Indian league.

Pakistan's former Test captain, Salman Butt, says he is not surprised since there are many T20 leagues being played in the world but the IPL remains the most lucrative for players.

"Top players would prefer to be in the IPL 100 percent fit and in fresh. Because if you perform there you get richer and noticed quickly."

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/foreign-stars-saving-themselves-for-ipl-feel-psl-team-owners-1676527.html

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

I am not saying this because I hate Pakistan or anything, but PSL has to be the worst cricket league I have seen. It was not that bad last season but this year its downright pathetic. Old outdated cricketers, horrible slow pitches, poor overseas players, pathetic crowds, poor TV coverage. On top of that all those fake acting by Viv Richards, Danny Morrison etc makes it even worse. Pakistan is a decent cricket team and they deserve much better league. At present even BPL and CPL is better than this sh!t. Its on live TV in UK but I cannot even watch 5 overs at a stretch. Dont think even 10 people in England knows any such league going on.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I am not saying this because I hate Pakistan or anything, but PSL has to be the worst cricket league I have seen. It was not that bad last season but this year its downright pathetic. Old outdated cricketers, horrible slow pitches, poor overseas players, pathetic crowds, poor TV coverage. On top of that all those fake acting by Viv Richards, Danny Morrison etc makes it even worse. Pakistan is a decent cricket team and they deserve much better league. At present even BPL and CPL is better than this sh!t. Its on live TV in UK but I cannot even watch 5 overs at a stretch. Dont think even 10 people in England knows any such league going on.

Nobody cares in Eng about cricket. Hardly any news about cricket in the sports pages of the newspapers except for Ashes 

1 hour ago, Number said:

http://cricbuzz.com/cricket-scorecard/19377/krk-vs-qtg-19th-match-pakistan-super-league-2018

Now this is one of the most strange scorecards I have seen.

Team chasing 180+ target, 8 wickets fell but not a single batsman has strike rate of well over 100. :laugh:

Don't you know its because of the top class bowling attacks of PSL that batsman often struggle to get going.