Watching Aus in SA and wondering

4 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

My point is not about quotas which should never be in place but #1 test team can't beat a team that has to pick quotas 

Do you know how quota's are implemented in SA??

It is not they have to play 6 colored players in each game .It is the end of season they have to show that out of 100 players represented SA in total games 60 of them were colored and 20 blacks.

In first test they played 7 whites against India including Steyn 

In second test Quota player Ngidi replaced Steyn but he proved to be good in that match

In last test Phelukwayo came and both Ngidi and Phelukwayo proved to be disaster

So SA now save whites for important matches .But as I said quota is slow poison and will finish them off but at present they are holding on

One major difference has been Starc

Wiped out the Tail like in 2-3 overs in both innings, no tail wagging, 

in several innings the SA tail hurt us bad, 

India lost 1st Test by 72 runs, Philander, Maharaj and Rabada added nearly 80 runs combined on a seaming wicket

In a fairly good batting wicket, in both innings Starc cleaned up the tail, where Philander, Maharaj and Rabada couldn’t get into double digits...pace, abit of reverse and the correct length to tailenders, he didn’t overdo the bouncers and take time to warm up

Shami was India’s man, but his indifference hurt India , went AWOL once too many times

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

It is not they have to play 6 colored players in each game .It is the end of season they have to show that out of 100 players represented SA in total games 60 of them were colored and 20 blacks.

In second test Quota player Ngidi replaced Steyn but he proved to be good in that match

In last test Phelukwayo came and both Ngidi and Phelukwayo proved to be disaster

So SA now save whites for important matches .But as I said quota is slow poison and will finish them off but at present they are holding on

Yes I am aware of how SA quotas work.

My original statement still stands , #1 test team lost a series  against a country that implements quotas.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Still quota.

We have a great bowling line up no team will come close to us in the bowling department Cummins, Starc, Pattison (when fit), Hazelwood, in time our bowling line up is going to be like the Windies of the 80's 90's anbd the Aussies of the mid 90's and 2000's.

You need quality bowlers to win matches away from home and SA wickets are almost like our wickets in Australia we have never lost  a test series in SA.

India don't seem like they will ever win in Australia or SA at least Australia and SA have won a test series in India.

Don't rule this SA team away yet....

I followed the match and got the feeling that pitch started as a flat deck and later on, it spiced up....This evident from first 3 innings ....I haven't seen the fourth innings, so can't really comment on what happened <Is it exceptional batting or pitch flattened again>..

Result would have been on SA side, had they played first on this pitch

They have a very average batting unit, and yet, to see the way they are dominating. Selecting Dhawan and Rohit Sharma were huge blunders. The sad thing is everyone seem to have forgotten after that one test win, giving out excuses like we did better than our previous tour.