Sending Shankar over DK

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Gave a new player an opportunity. Icf cried for so long give new players chances . Better batting slots 

gives one a go who icf said was new sobers and now icf slams it 

dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t 

Yes, give a new player chance to play and take risk in preliminary games. Don't do it in the final and when it worked, don't give a lame excuse about saving him for last overs. As if DK would come in early and won't last till 18th over. If he had come in place of Shankar, he would have rubbed off on Manish and they would have finished it like they did against SL. They are tried and tested finishers. Vijay is totally raw. It was a blind stupid risk to take in the final. Losing to this snake dancers would have left a bad image for the rest of us, rest of our lives.

I think this is a conspiracy to justify to include you-know-who over DK. Promote a rookie over DK and at #6, with just 2 overs left leave nothing for DK to finish and make him the scapegoat.  When Bahubal returns, ruining the final can be used to justify the supremo's selection. DK was miffed at this demotion and he batted like a possessed man , enraged to prove a point, man on a mission. This is in in Ravi Shastri's playbook and his favoritism on display. Now, that DK succeeded, justifying about keeping him for late flourish doesn't float at all. Why wait till 18th over to charge, when DK at #4 or #5 , could've finished the game earlier with the same charge? They want to enact a movie script with a climatic end, is it?

Damn 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I think this is a conspiracy to justify to include you-know-who over DK. Promote a rookie over DK and at #6, with just 2 overs left leave nothing for DK to finish and make him the scapegoat.  When Bahubal returns, ruining the final can be used to justify the supremo's selection. DK was miffed at this demotion and he batted like a possessed man , enraged to prove a point, man on a mission. This is in in Ravi Shastri's playbook and his favoritism on display. Now, that DK succeeded, justifying about keeping him for late flourish doesn't float at all. Why wait till 18th over to charge, when DK at #4 or #5 , could've finished the game earlier with the same charge? They want to enact a movie script with a climatic end, is it?

Damn 

It seems entirely plausible. Damn ! If that is true .  Why did shastri immediately tweet . Was it to cover tracks . Does shastri usually tweet for majority of matches .. I know it is a conspiracy theory but you never know . 

Now was vijayshankar also asked to bat the way he did ?  It gets grippping ...

Edited by prasen82
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

The bigger question is who is Vijay Shankar.He clearly is not blessed with long handle shots and is not explosive with bat. His bowling is not international class.

Vijay Shankar is a batsman who can bowl some overs to cover for main bowlers. His bowling is probably not useful for tests but can be handy in LOIs.

As a batsman, he seems to be more of consolidating type and not hitting. So, I will put him in a top-order slot (if available) or a middle order slot in ODIs. He can be useful/handy player in ODIs and may be T20Is. 

23 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Vijay Shankar is a batsman who can bowl some overs to cover for main bowlers. His bowling is probably not useful for tests but can be handy in LOIs.

As a batsman, he seems to be more of consolidating type and not hitting. So, I will put him in a top-order slot (if available) or a middle order slot in ODIs. He can be useful/handy player in ODIs and may be T20Is. 

If that is the case this guy should never come close to any Indian team.Indian team does not need any consolidators.They need some one who can use long handle effectively and consistently.

19 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If that is the case this guy should never come close to any Indian team.Indian team does not need any consolidators.They need some one who can use long handle effectively and consistently.

Correct. But I believe you are talking about T20Is. For ODIs, we still consolidators like Pandey and perhaps Vijay Shankar (in top middle order or so). The fact that India's top order (i.e. top 3) has been very consistent and good that the middle order consolidation is usually not required. But the day the top3 all fail, we need a Pandey/Shankar than a Raina/Hardik.