Sterlite protests

The Dark Horse

8 hours ago, diga said:

Most Tamilians have an unnatural hate towards Modi ... is it because of the political mess in the state after Jayalalithas death?

It's mainly because people feel Hindi and sometimes Hinduism is imposed upon them. (Even some Hindus feel that way).  Just let them be. They didn't have a problem with Vajpayee and not even Manmohan. Their puppet government with ADMK didn't help too. Not to mention rising fuel prices, tax, despite being a state which contributes to a major share of tax..

looks like protests are real , few people dont want sterlite ( ideally they should ask sterlite to take care of the pollution ) ..

and commie forces entered sneekily on the 100th day and instigated violence against police , collectorate employees and inside  sterlite employee quarters ..

and then police took this opportunity to clean up the anti-social elements ( fake encounters ) and the shoot out pictures/videos are just a mere diversion ..

official  count is 14 i think , but probably they might have eliminated 40++ commies.. i cant say there are no innocent victimes or died in crossfire ..

as per the report ( google ) most of the victims are shot point blank range and condolence messages that what i saw in some of the news channels/media shows they are commies ( tolar = comrade )

the belwo image is a mere diversion and i doubt police is stupid enough todo it infront of the media .. 

tuti_052518123656.jpg

14 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

It's mainly because people feel Hindi and sometimes Hinduism is imposed upon them. (Even some Hindus feel that way).  Just let them be. They didn't have a problem with Vajpayee and not even Manmohan. Their puppet government with ADMK didn't help too. Not to mention rising fuel prices, tax, despite being a state which contributes to a major share of tax..

I looked up the tax revenues by state....TN is still behind Kar in tax revenues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_union_territories_of_India_by_tax_revenues

Just because Modi speaks in Hindi in his speeches, does it mean Hindi imposition? Its just that he is more comfortable than English

4 minutes ago, diga said:

I looked up the tax revenues by state....TN is still behind Kar in tax revenues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_union_territories_of_India_by_tax_revenues

Just because Modi speaks in Hindi in his speeches, does it mean Hindi imposition? Its just that he is more comfortable than English

I didn't say TN is the highest contributor, it's a major contributor.

About Hindi, even Modi can speak in Hindi in TN. Noone has a problem. Problem is shoving it upon others.

Jobs losses being reported all over south india in various small and medium setups that have sterlite as a supplier. As twitterverse is already saying, this is the beginning of Lemuria going West Bangladesh's way. 

Good job lemurians on handing your singapore dreams on a platter to the church. I'm sure that bag of rice will taste just as good as the kobe steak you had once dreamed of. 

51 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Jobs losses being reported all over south india in various small and medium setups that have sterlite as a supplier. As twitterverse is already saying, this is the beginning of Lemuria going West Bangladesh's way. 

Good job lemurians on handing your singapore dreams on a platter to the church. I'm sure that bag of rice will taste just as good as the kobe steak you had once dreamed of. 

to goto WB level , we need to work hard for  50 years:phehe:

7 hours ago, velu said:

to goto WB level , we need to work hard for  50 years:phehe:

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

It's not that difficult, if you guys put your minds behind it you can do it in 20 years. 

we have a saying :  it takes lots of time and effort for pot maker to make a pot, but only a second for someone to destroy it

Destruction is easier than building something

13 hours ago, surajmal said:

Oh no :fear1:. Quickly, quickly we have to get out jobs back. Oh no the Christians are coming to crusade us back to the stone age. Sterlite the job saver and is next to Sachin as God no.2. Gimme a break. Jobs are not going out of TN. You wish it were the case. If it was, TN would not supply a bigger portion of tax. Most of TN is still Hindu. This is the stupidity of the average north indian.

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

It's not that difficult, if you guys put your minds behind it you can do it in 20 years. 

You are telling me how its going to work out lol. I'm living here in TN. All "dangerous anti-social" political elements have to ally themselves with ADMK or DMK. There's no way out.

6 hours ago, diga said:

we have a saying :  it takes lots of time and effort for pot maker to make a pot, but only a second for someone to destroy it

Destruction is easier than building something

this is happening for quite some time , like 4/5 years .. 

some of the big textile manufacturers ( like 50-150 crore revenue per year ) are moving to chamrajnagar/karnataka .. irrespective of the government ( bjp or congress ) they are welcoming 

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Oh no :fear1:. Quickly, quickly we have to get out jobs back. Oh no the Christians are coming to crusade us back to the stone age. Sterlite the job saver and is next to Sachin as God no.2. Gimme a break. Jobs are not going out of TN. You wish it were the case. If it was, TN would not supply a bigger portion of tax. Most of TN is still Hindu. This is the stupidity of the average north indian.

You are telling me how its going to work out lol. I'm living here in TN. All "dangerous anti-social" political elements have to ally themselves with ADMK or DMK. There's no way out.

Read somewhere that the sterlite plant produced close to 40% of India's copper ... Forget the direct job losses, what is the trickledown effect?

7 minutes ago, diga said:

Read somewhere that the sterlite plant produced close to 40% of India's copper ... Forget the direct job losses, what is the trickledown effect?

Yup. Start listing all the things copper is used in..lol. fecking lemurians. making life hell for all indians. I would like Namo to introduce lemurian tax to pay for whatever cost escalation that manufacturers (and eventually consumers) have to pay.  

^ from the above posted article

The shutdown is also likely to impact India’s copper exports as around 1.6 lakh tonnes of Tuticorin plant’s production is sold internationally. Ratings agency ICRA, in an April report, has said that the consumption of copper in the country has been increasing steadily over the past five years and at a current local demand growth of 7-8 per cent per year, India is projected to turn into a net importer of the metal by the year ending March 2020 if no new plant is commissioned. The shutting down of the Tuticorin smelter could potentially advance this projection.

India’s copper industry produces around 10 lakh tonnes per annum of refined copper. Around 40 per cent of the industry’s production is exported, mainly to China. For Sterlite Copper, specifically, exports contributed 41 per cent of overall sales for 2016-17. “The shutdown of the Tuticorin plant could lead to direct and indirect job losses of up to 50,000,” the source added.

:facepalm: What crap

48 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Yup. Start listing all the things copper is used in..lol. fecking lemurians. making life hell for all indians. I would like Namo to introduce lemurian tax to pay for whatever cost escalation that manufacturers (and eventually consumers) have to pay.  

If sterlite is so important, why dont you move it to your state then. Namo is already having plenty of taxes in the name of GST, education cess and swachch bharat. Clueless atlanteans keep paying more taxes. US collects less tax than us and has better infrastructure and facilities.

Edited by Garuda

21 hours ago, surajmal said:

its seems to be your wet dream.