Saeed Anwar

7 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

He was a decent batsman but more in ganguly league obviously not as good. Anyways all I remember is how like most Pakistani player he also kept that long beard at the end of their career. 

Ganguly was way better than anwar, in fact ganguly might be the 2nd best odi opener from asia, even dhawan is way better than anwar, the OP is as clueless about batting as the pakistanis

8 minutes ago, kira said:

Ganguly was way better than anwar, in fact ganguly might be the 2nd best odi opener from asia, even dhawan is way better than anwar, the OP is as clueless about batting as the pakistanis

Don’t make a fool out of yourself as usual. At least don’t make it so easy for us. Recall “dead rubber”. 

But let me give me you some homework. Show us innings of Ganguly scoring hundreds against attack of McGrath or Warne in Australia or India. You can also try to check for his 100 against Donald, Pollock and De Villiers in SA or Ind. He did play in the same era, right ? 

8 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Don’t make a fool out of yourself as usual. At least don’t make it so easy for us. Recall “dead rubber”. 

But let me give me you some homework. Show us innings of Ganguly scoring hundreds against attack of McGrath or Warne in Australia or India. You can also try to check for his 100 against Donald, Pollock and De Villiers in SA or Ind. He did play in the same era, right ? 

You lost all credibility when you insulted lara by mentioning him in the same breath as the phateechar anwar. I don't waste my time on pakistani lovers, that's why I didn't quote your post, you are not worth my time

Edited by kira
29 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Btw this thread again shows why it is difficult to choose between stupidity of Pakistani fans and fanboyism of Indian fans. 

I am neither an Indian or Pakistan " fan boy" and the only comparison that can be made between Brian Lara and Saeed Anwar is that  they were both left handers 

6 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

his 194 was something to witness back in the days. Though I only saw the highlights since I was too young to give a crap about cricket. 

I saw that match live, even I was too young to understand cricket fully, before the match my dad was discussing with his friend that afridi was the danger man, I remember that we got afridi out early in that match and I was like the danger man is gone but then anwar kept batting, I got bored and went out to play cricket, I came back after two hours and he was still batting, it would have been a great innings had that phateecher not opted for a runner at the start of the match, I can't rate an innings when most runs were scored through a runner, good thing ICC scraped the whole runner thing, if you aren't fit enough to run then go back to the pavillion

On 4/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, putrevus said:

Anwar might be a great batsman for Pakistan standard but international standard he is average, to me he was like Tamim Iqbal great for Bangladesh but nowhere near any great international batsman.

average? He was one of the top 2-3 test openers in the 90's. Which test opening batsmen in the 90's would you rank ahead of him?

In ODI's, Tendulkar, Jayasuria and a few others were better openers but Anwar was still a very fine odi opener. 

The guy averaged almost 60 vs McGrath/Warne as an opening batsman. Of course he was great. Was he a tier 1 all time great like Lara or Ponting? No, but he was certainly a great batsman. 

On 4/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, AmreekanDesi said:

Lol he is a poor man's Dhawan

sure. Dhawan, a man who has 0 centuries in tests in Australia, England and South Africa is somehow better than Anwar who has test 100's in all of those countries. 

Dhawan averages 42 in tests in today's batting friendly era while Anwar averaged 45 in a much tougher batting era

Comparing Dhawan to Anwar is a joke. Anwar is a million times better and the gap between them would be even greater if Anwar was playing today. 

^ I do have to agree with this. I was too young to see Anwar play but did get a glimpse of him batting when i started taking an interest in cricket later part of his carreer. He was definitely a class above Dhawan. You also have a point about batting pitches now vs then aswell.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:11 AM, putrevus said:

that series was arranged like the T20 series with WI which Pakistan won 3-0, it was squeeezed in middle of a busy India season and you are still hung up on that, Pakistan was a better side for period in 1990s but still Indians never lost any important matches even then.

Your batting was always putrid but now your team now is putrid team.Don't overestimate your team India will beat 95 out 100 times your team anywhere in the world.Upsets can happen thats what happened last june and and also in 2012.

1. If India never lost important matches, why their head to head record is so poor against Pakistan:cantstop:

2. Yeah true....our batting was putrid, then what was India's bowling? How many bowlers lost their careers? :cantstop:

3. If India beat Pakistan it is the talent, If Pakistan beat India it is an upset. :giggle: what a logic this yaar? :cantstop:

On 06/04/2018 at 3:19 PM, maniac said:

Very elegant to watch.

The guy used to bash us every single time and then in 2003 when he was well past his prime, came back with a huge beard and still scored a 100 against us, I figured it out that it was a lot more than just our trundlers that motivated him :)

Thats not nice to say. He has a gem of a heart which is better than his cricketing skills. Just listen to his speeches on youtube and the comments from indians also. Long beard doesnt mean hatred sir

My favorite Pak batsman...He is their best against pace attack,always had the grit to face the seam and swing...most underacheived cricketer of that generation..

And please don't bring cricinfo data here...Some of us has watched the man in his absolute peak,and he was a delight to watch...

Edited by riya
On 4/9/2018 at 1:17 AM, Lala said:

1. If India never lost important matches, why their head to head record is so poor against Pakistan:cantstop:

2. Yeah true....our batting was putrid, then what was India's bowling? How many bowlers lost their careers? :cantstop:

3. If India beat Pakistan it is the talent, If Pakistan beat India it is an upset. :giggle: what a logic this yaar? :cantstop:

Head to head record you guys keep harping on is due to bilateral series but in all multi nation tournament India has always won critical matches.CT finals was an upset.

Like I said Pakistan was better in 1990s still they never could win any important world cup match then also.

If you still think Pakistan is more talented than India go and check ICC rankings and if you still not convinced come back to me I will explain it further.

Anwar might be a great batsman for Pakistan standard but international standard he is average, to me he was like Tamim Iqbal great for Bangladesh but nowhere near any great international batsman.

Average for you maybe...but not for he’s peers (ask Warne, Taylor or Shastri..they all rated him highly..Shastri rated him as one of the top 3).

The guy is above average for sure. Played some great knocks in his career..some that come to mind are 188no vs Ind, 194 vs Ind, 118 vs SA which was at the time rated as one of the best innings by Wisden back then..very good record in Aus (Test cricket). Fine WC record.

Was at one point competing with Sachin for the most ODI 100’s..of course Sachin was on another level.

Him & Damien Martyn are the best timers of the cricket ball I have ever seen. Anwar was very unlucky to miss out on the 1992 WC due to injury but came back strong at the 1996 WC.

For me the best Pakistani batsman after Miandad.
I saw that match live, even I was too young to understand cricket fully, before the match my dad was discussing with his friend that afridi was the danger man, I remember that we got afridi out early in that match and I was like the danger man is gone but then anwar kept batting, I got bored and went out to play cricket, I came back after two hours and he was still batting, it would have been a great innings had that phateecher not opted for a runner at the start of the match, I can't rate an innings when most runs were scored through a runner, good thing ICC scraped the whole runner thing, if you aren't fit enough to run then go back to the pavillion

Arey phateechar aadmi..if you had even half a brain cell, you will realise that most of his runs in that innings came by boundaries (around 120). To able to bat for that long carrying a injury is something else.

Even better that it happened in India :phehe:

Phateechar aadmi..tell us how Ganguly was ‘way better’ rather than just claiming he is. For reference..here is Ganguly’s record (bare in mind that Ganguly played a lot more cricket than Anwar).

59a60f0d188672ff0b4a02ecf4b9502f.jpg

d8a6d02f6f36ad94d7997bc629b27f40.jpg

Here is Anwar’s record:

963839acb12ee961bdf701e4a0d6b1eb.jpg

24f235e011ad1a2fa2840dc24ff06d2c.jpg

It’s clear from the above that Ganguly was not ‘way better’ as you claim...even though Ganguly had a longer career. They were both on the same level. Phateechara.

[mention=9953]ravishingravi[/mention]

You lost all credibility when you insulted lara by mentioning him in the same breath as the phateechar anwar. I don't waste my time on pakistani lovers, that's why I didn't quote your post, you are not worth my time

So just because he has respect for Anwar as a cricketer, he is a Pakistani lover?

I have a lot of respect for Kohli..does that make me a Indian lover?

You truly are a phateechar of the highest level :giggle:
2 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Arey phateechar aadmi..if you had even half a brain cell, you will realise that most of his runs in that innings came by boundaries (around 120). To able to bat for that long carrying a injury is something else.

Even better that it happened in India :phehe:

hehehe looks like I touched some nerves of this little piggy :giggle: abey ghonchu even if he scored all 194 runs in boundaries it won't matter because he wasn't physically fit enough to run, he could score those boundaries because afridi was running for this phateechar, if he had to bat without a runner he would have collapsed on the field and would have been carried out on a stretcher or he may have runout himself, I know these things are hard to understand for low IQ pakistanis :biggrin:

2 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Phateechar aadmi..tell us how Ganguly was ‘way better’ rather than just claiming he is. For reference..here is Ganguly’s record (bare in mind that Ganguly played a lot more cricket than Anwar).

59a60f0d188672ff0b4a02ecf4b9502f.jpg

d8a6d02f6f36ad94d7997bc629b27f40.jpg

Here is Anwar’s record:

963839acb12ee961bdf701e4a0d6b1eb.jpg

24f235e011ad1a2fa2840dc24ff06d2c.jpg

It’s clear from the above that Ganguly was not ‘way better’ as you claim...even though Ganguly had a longer career. They were both on the same level. Phateechara.

[mention=9953]ravishingravi[/mention]

Let's see, ganguly scored more than 11k runs at an average of 41 while that phateechar anwar scored just 7k runs at an average of 42, clearly ganguly wins over here, Ganguly has more centuries so he wins there too, what's so hard to understand here, pahteechar paksitani?