IPL Matches To Be Shifted Out Of Chennai

Malcolm Merlyn

22 minutes ago, PBN said:

it was this comment @Gollum made:

Last 150 years of Indian history points this as an irrefutable fact. If in the future some other region in Indian SC does better I will happily acknowledge and praise them to the skies. Nothing is permanent, in different eras different groups attain excellence in different fields. Today Jews dominate academic/intellectual/financial sphere, 50 years later it may be East Asians, who knows? 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Just like Bengal I fear we are witnessing the decline of the erstwhile mighty Tamil state. Bengal was the center of our Renaissance, vital for our freedom struggle and produced a major bulk of our intelligentsia...look at today's Bengal, hopeless. Similarly TN which produced the finest minds once upon a time is staring at intellectual bankruptcy. Most of the great Tamil minds and geniuses are in the age category of 45+, the state has simply stopped producing the likes of Ramanujam, CV Raman, Chandrashekhar, Varadhan , Venkatraman, Vishy Anand. etc. We have already lost the mighty Bengalis, now with the decline of the Tamils we are heading toward some sort of a crisis, no other group of people in the subcontinent can match the brain power and creativity of the creme de la creme of these 2 states IMHO. All the major scientific breakthroughs in modern day India including bio-tech, space program and missile development owe their success to many people but a majority of the scientists/engineers came from these 2 places, Bengal even contributed a lot in the cultural sphere.

If you mention freedom struggle, then how can you leave out Punjab i.e Bhagat Singh, Udham Singh, and co.  If i'm not mistaken, more than half of Chandra Bose army consisted of sikhs(punjabis)  If you are going to mention 'cultural sphere', again how do you leave out Punjab.  It has a rich culture, literary and musical.  The sikh holy book guru granth sahib, was compiled in punjab and it is based on the classical musical scales.  It has had major social reforms. Punjab has even had guys like Har Gobind Khorana  who won the nobel prize for  Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine and guys like Narinder Singh Kapany in the field of fiber optics. 

And this is only punjab..lots of other parts of india had contributions as well.

52 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I have no bias, just speaking facts. Majority of our world class intelligentsia are from these 2 states...look at our cultural icons, social reformers, intellectuals, poets, writers, religious thinkers, mathematicians, scientists, Nobel laureates, Abel Laureate, chess masters etc, you will find that these 2 states are disproportionately represented, Bengal even more than TN. Read about the Bengal renaissance which awakened Indian society when we were in the dark ages----> in a span of 70-80 years they produced the likes of Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Vidyasagar, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Lalon Fakir, Tagores (father and son and a few other illustrious relatives), Aurobindo, JC Basu, Satyendranath Bose, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Bankim Chandra, Mahalanobis, Keshab Chandra Sen, Bipin Chandra Pal, M.N Roy, Begum Rokeya, Michael Madhusudhan Dutt, Satyajit Ray, Yogananada, Amartya Sen and a 100 others !!!! Which other state has had 100s of such great people born in such a short time, no exaggeration to say that Bengal single handedly lifted Indian society from the nadir, gave it direction and inspiration and was the energy behind our freedom struggle, no other group has contributed more to our freedom struggle than this one group (Next time you go to Andaman go to Cellular jail, you will understand how). If you are interested read about Bengal Renaissance and if you don't agree with my assessment you can abuse me :p:

Similarly Tamil Nadu has contributed heavily in this department, our greatest modern era mathematicians and scientists are from this region. Ramanujam, Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan (only Asian Abel Laureate, highest maths honour which is a mind boggling feat!!!) and many others. Even the 15th world chess champion and the only one apart from Bobby Fischer who had to break Soviet hegemony to get the crown is from here. In fact look at the chess masters of India and a huge chunk are from TN and Bengal, only recently have Andhra and Maharashtra made significant strides. I rate TN below Bengal because the latter comfortably surpasses the former in the cultural sphere.

I am not ignoring contribution of others, I also said both these states are declining. Bengal has exhausted its quota, TN too is showing decadence...so may be in the coming years other states will pick up in this department. But I doubt even if they make progress they can equal Bengal of old. I am very much on record that Punjabis are the backbone of our army and Mumbaikars are our cricket supply chain...does this mean I am ignoring contributions of others? Or if I say Bhiwani is our boxing capital, does it mean I refuse to acknowledge Mary Kom? 

you have completely overlooked or aren't knowledge about the contributions of punjab whether it be religious, cultural or other aspects. 

not everyone was sent to cellular jail either...you won't find names of bhagat singh, sukhdev, and rajguru there.  they were put in jail in punjab and hanged there.  and even then you'll still find lots of  names of punjabis at celluar jail. read my other post above for starters

Edited by PBN

@PBN i didn't mean to belittle Punjab or any other state. I acknowledge all states have contributed immensely in various ways, I don't want to downplay other states, those were just my observations. If you disagree think of them as ramblings of a lunatic, don't take them seriously. This isn't the thread to discuss states, so I am giving it a rest. I respect Punjab and Punjabis, don't ever think that I am insulting you or your state. 

Edited by Gollum

I think this is the trigger, not the actual protests. They don't want any more morons to die. Every fringe groups, and the youtube protesters are threatening to burn the people after the match. I am sure they have planned to do a few 'self immolation' 

Edited by Detonator

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I have no bias, just speaking facts. Majority of our world class intelligentsia are from these 2 states...look at our cultural icons, social reformers, intellectuals, poets, writers, religious thinkers, mathematicians, scientists, Nobel laureates, Abel Laureate, chess masters etc, you will find that these 2 states are disproportionately represented, Bengal even more than TN. Read about the Bengal renaissance which awakened Indian society when we were in the dark ages----> in a span of 70-80 years they produced the likes of Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Vidyasagar, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Lalon Fakir, Tagores (father and son and a few other illustrious relatives), Aurobindo, JC Basu, Satyendranath Bose, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Bankim Chandra, Mahalanobis, Keshab Chandra Sen, Bipin Chandra Pal, M.N Roy, Begum Rokeya, Michael Madhusudhan Dutt, Satyajit Ray, Yogananada, Amartya Sen and a 100 others !!!! Which other state has had 100s of such great people born in such a short time, no exaggeration to say that Bengal single handedly lifted Indian society from the nadir, gave it direction and inspiration and was the energy behind our freedom struggle, no other group has contributed more to our freedom struggle than this one group (Next time you go to Andaman go to Cellular jail, you will understand how). If you are interested read about Bengal Renaissance and if you don't agree with my assessment you can abuse me :p:

Similarly Tamil Nadu has contributed heavily in this department, our greatest modern era mathematicians and scientists are from this region. Ramanujam, Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan (only Asian Abel Laureate, highest maths honour which is a mind boggling feat!!!) and many others. Even the 15th world chess champion and the only one apart from Bobby Fischer who had to break Soviet hegemony to get the crown is from here. In fact look at the chess masters of India and a huge chunk are from TN and Bengal, only recently have Andhra and Maharashtra made significant strides. I rate TN below Bengal because the latter comfortably surpasses the former in the cultural sphere.

I am not ignoring contribution of others, I also said both these states are declining. Bengal has exhausted its quota, TN too is showing decadence...so may be in the coming years other states will pick up in this department. But I doubt even if they make progress they can equal Bengal of old. I am very much on record that Punjabis are the backbone of our army and Mumbaikars are our cricket supply chain...does this mean I am ignoring contributions of others? Or if I say Bhiwani is our boxing capital, does it mean I refuse to acknowledge Mary Kom? 

Oh, Ramanujam, Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan are labelled as aryan invaders. TN is a gone case after MGR, and Rajiv's murder almost sparked the TN version of LTTE. it's only because of PVNR it didn't. Now it's again going into gutter. This protest is not about cauvery now, it's actually mirroring the kashmiri azadi gang. 

8 minutes ago, Detonator said:

TN is a gone case after MGR, and Rajiv's murder almost sparked the TN version of LTTE. it's only because of PVNR it didn't. Now it's again going into gutter. This protest is not about cauvery now, it's actually mirroring the kashmiri azadi gang. 

You need to substantiate these claims.

Oh, Ramanujam, Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan are labelled as aryan invaders. TN is a gone case after MGR, and Rajiv's murder almost sparked the TN version of LTTE. it's only because of PVNR it didn't. Now it's again going into gutter. This protest is not about cauvery now, it's actually mirroring the kashmiri azadi gang. 
Separate Tamil country?

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

You need to substantiate these claims.

You must be really naive to think that separatist movement just came in yesterday. Or vaiko and a bunch of others claiming that he is training with LTTE. Or Prabhakaran being portrayed as some sort of folk hero?

2 minutes ago, Detonator said:

You must be really naive to think that separatist movement just came in yesterday. Or vaiko and a bunch of others claiming that he is training with LTTE. Or Prabhakaran being portrayed as some sort of folk hero?

Lol hehe seperatist vaiko ltte really ?  Man i have nothing to say.

3 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
4 hours ago, Detonator said:

Separate Tamil country?

That's going on for a long time and has a good support among public as well. Esp with chrislamist groups. This guy is Yasin Malik, a big name in the azadi gang. He was openly attending gatherings for some time. Now arrested. 

DDD76abVYAEsaT3.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol hehe seperatist vaiko ltte really ?  Man i have nothing to say.

bro, they just incite people. If you haven't noticed a large number of people actually taking this seriously. Not like following vaiko, but he is triggering well. 

3 minutes ago, Detonator said:

bro, they just incite people. If you haven't noticed a large number of people actually taking this seriously. Not like following vaiko, but he is triggering well. 

Water is a poll issue ofcourse sections of thw society will get triggered but to deduce they would get triggered for seperatism similarly is downright funny man.

8 minutes ago, Detonator said:

That's going on for a long time and has a good support among public as well. Esp with chrislamist groups. This guy is Yasin Malik, a big name in the azadi gang. He was openly attending gatherings for some time. Now arrested. 

DDD76abVYAEsaT3.jpg

Piece of ****. Anti national scum. His funding should be investigated i am sure it will be some italian mafia.

17 hours ago, Detonator said:

DDD76abVYAEsaT3.jpg

I know who Yasin Malik is. Who is this other guy with him? So Tamils feel they should be separate from India? Have all the Hindus become Periyarites in TN?

Hate it when politics interferes with public entertainment.. A stable society is one where people are free, safe, educated, enjoy loads of fun in all forms, root for their favorite sports/cultural events and has a free press. 

I would rather the youth of a country lose their minds dancing jingoistically for a cricket game than be brainwahsed into joining some extremist group.. 

7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Who is this other guy with him? So Tamils feel they should be separate from India? Have all the Hindus become Periyarites in TN?

How do you make such an absurd inference that tamils feel seperatist? Based on what ?

The dark guy is seeman the guy behind the goons in csk match they were also behind the koodangulam protests. They have 1 percent voteshare in the state they contested and lost in all constituencies..thats 4 lakh votes in athe whole state.

7 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I know who Yasin Malik is. Who is this other guy with him? So Tamils feel they should be separate from India? Have all the Hindus become Periyarites in TN?

Well, I would say it's partial. Somehow, even some of the temple going hindus bought into this poinsonous activism. DMK won't get votes if these people have some basic hypocrisy detector.