Immigration crackdown in US

vvvslaxman

On 5/5/2018 at 10:29 AM, Temujin Khaghan said:

true, gambling is the negative side of telugu people...

on the positive side, many telugu people especially from kamma, reddy caste are risk takers in business ventures..

Fake resumes and exploiting loopholes is not equal to taking risks.

This is not about Telugu people or castes but Indians in general...I know a guy from a different Indian state-won’t mention it to start this regional stereotype crap going on in this thread...he migrated to US in the first IT boom in the early 80s and he is part of this flooding Indian IT coolies on projects in one of the big 4 US firms and making tons of money..he got fired for it but still has enough pull to continue sending contractors.

There are plenty such cases...Telugu people

have not discovered anything new.

For example My Gujju friend told me how a lot of Gujjus exploit a lot of immigration loopholes and some of the early ones learnt it from the Mexicans and Chinese.

You see the mass migration of Punjabis to Canada or Keralites to Middle East etc....what percentage do you think immigrate legacy with all the right documents?

Instead of focusing on US immigration policy we are too hung up on criticizing a community.

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Fake resumes and exploiting loopholes is not equal to taking risks.

This is not about Telugu people or castes but Indians in general...I know a guy from a different Indian state-won’t mention it to start this regional stereotype crap going on in this thread...he migrated to US in the first IT boom in the early 80s and he is part of this flooding Indian IT coolies on projects in one of the big 4 US firms and making tons of money..he got fired for it but still has enough pull to continue sending contractors.

There are plenty such cases...Telugu people

have not discovered anything new.

For example My Gujju friend told me how a lot of Gujjus exploit a lot of immigration loopholes and some of the early ones learnt it from the Mexicans and Chinese.

You see the mass migration of Punjabis to Canada or Keralites to Middle East etc....what percentage do you think immigrate legacy with all the right documents?

Instead of focusing on US immigration policy we are too hung up on criticizing a community.

Fully agreed! And for the record i'm not Telugu. 

Its so so easy to create stereotypes out of any region of India or elsewhere. They might even be based on ground realities.

Lets just then make it clear that this discussion is all about xyz community rather than pretend to discuss immigration. I'm sure the venom then on will flow from all directions.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:01 AM, vvvslaxman said:

I never knew they were gambling addicts like these chinese. They are ultra reckless. One guy was telling he wanted to pay his  student loan by gambling He lost over 15000 in gambling. I asked him why the  hell you lose so much money in gambling. He said we are money minded. Then the famous case Raghunandan yandamuri who lost over 35000$ in gambling ended up kidnapping (aciddentally killing)  baby of his friend , his mom now facing death sentence.

Remember few years back Homeland security trapped so many guys with a fake university.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/many-telugus-figure-in-us-fake-varsity-scam/article8442548.ece

Out of the 10's of thousands of Telugus living in the US and according to you with IT jobs,one isolated incident of crime due to gambling debts means all Telugu people are Gambling addicts lol.

You know what I do agree that resume fudging happens among a lot of Telugu people and there is a frenzy to go to the US at any cost among the states of Andhra and Telangana,no doubts about it...I am sure that is the case with every state in India,but thiese dumb sterotypes about gambling and other BS is what is offensive....how can a "community" be addicted to gambling lol...that is the stupidest thing ever.

Some really shameful posts in this thread. I really held myself back from saying something equally cunning, as I don't want to disturb a Indian cricket fans club by bringing in ugly regionalism. Just imagine, the neighbours to the Telugu states are not France, Canada and Norway. If everyone starts making fun of each other with gross generalisations, this board will go to the gutter in no time..

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

17 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

If everyone starts making fun of each other with gross generalisations, this board will go to the gutter in no time..

we should start from rayalaseema :phehe:

all gundagiri movies have one or two references to rayalaseema and tirunelveli :p:

Fair enough. Not referring to any community. Apologize if you guys feel targeted. I'll take back my words.  Let me bring the focus back on the crackdown. Here are some of the interesting changes.  If someone is waiting for GC and he applies for third extension, it is not going to be automatically granted anymore. They will treat it as a first time H1B application. If your qualification does not match what you are doing , you are going to be issued an RFE before your application gets denied.  So many guys were affected because of this. Premium processing is also suspended. H4 EAD cannot work if the bill passes. They are imposing draconian restrictions so that Indians self-deport themselves back to India.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Fair enough. Not referring to any community. Apologize if you guys feel targeted. I'll take back my words.  Let me bring the focus back on the crackdown. Here are some of the interesting changes.  If someone is waiting for GC and he applies for third extension, it is not going to be automatically granted anymore. They will treat it as a first time H1B application. If your qualification does not match what you are doing , you are going to be issued an RFE before your application gets denied.  So many guys were affected because of this. Premium processing is also suspended. H4 EAD cannot work if the bill passes. They are imposing draconian restrictions so that Indians self-deport themselves back to India.

That will help both ways. The good Indians in USA can get good jobs without much hindrance. Lot of Indian people will be back and help India become better. 

7 hours ago, velu said:

we should start from rayalaseema :phehe:

all gundagiri movies have one or two references to rayalaseema and tirunelveli :p:

I remember there used to be lot of market in Telugu/Tamil industries to show case a more primitive place where lot of Gundagiri happens. It happened to be those places!

On 5/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, dial_100 said:

There are 2 kinds of issues. As you mentioned there is definitely issue with these companies flooding cheap resources who are directly competing with fresh graduates from universities in US. I think its a fair game as long as done legally.

Second issues, all the cheaters who fake their resumes and degrees. One cannot be excuse for the other. I am sure many would be doing this, not just from particular state or country. But I have suffered so much because this. My experience is if you dont support the guy who has faked his resume/degree then he will start working against you. In early 2000s, one such guy got me out of a project because the middle man (some relation) was from AP.

I was leading a team of 14, all except 1 were from India. 1 girl was from canada and she was canadian local. This guy passed engineering 2 years ago with 6 years experience. Same as mine. This guy absolutely had no clue what we were doing, he wasnt contributing, he couldnt complete his work and every time boss asked, he would say that he is waiting on me to clear some doubt. In the end, i would end-up completing his work, explaining him basics but he wouldnt care. One week, i finished his work on Friday and then started working on my part and i got delayed which i completed by sitting over the weekend. Next Monday the middle man company asked to raise this guy's rate. My boss was really upset on me. He was not happy with his performance and now company was asking to raise his rate. They gave an excuse that this guy completed his work even before project lead (me) did. So thats why he deserves better rate. My boss said he was upset because they were asking more money for this idiot and it was even more than my rate. When I learnt i got furious and told my boss that there is no reason to give raise to this guy alone. This got the middle man annoyed and he decided to pull me out of the project. The client was pissed off that the project lead was taken out so he cancelled the entire project and all 14 people was out of project. This is 100% true and because i lost the project, my company ended up cancelling my H1B, I was without job for 7-8 mos and right then the 9-11 happened. This company tried to place me again but at the salary which was almost half of my regular salary back then. He thought that he would teach me a lesson. I told those idiots that they shouldnt ever call me again. Never ever worked with Indian company ever again.

There are few more experiences like this. Even today i support some slackers but now all I try to do is help them out as they are part of the pool. This issue of fake degree/experience is very much real. Please dont support those who cheat, doesnt matter where they come from.

The issue of fake resume is real but there are many reasons I specified also the culprits are the employers(every one is culprit Gujju ,   Telugu and Tamil) because of strict policies of h1b you cannot stay out of job for long. So they force employees to do that. Of course it isn’t mistake of employees as well but they do it because they are afraid of h1b cancellation. I don’t support cheats but feel bad for students who do this because they are forced by employers. Also regarding your colleague some people are just lazy we had a similar guy who got hired but used to browse news websites and not contribute at all. 

Edited by gattaca

20 hours ago, sarcastic said:

That will help both ways. The good Indians in USA can get good jobs without much hindrance. Lot of Indian people will be back and help India become better. 

I don’t know how you define good Indians I know people who work for Salesforce got h1bs cancelled. It’s not just contracting even full time got affected. Below is a message friend of forwarded.

1st attack in 130k wage level.

2nd attack on RFE’s regarding Education RFE, speciality occupation RFE, Wage level RFE.

3rd attack on no more extensions after 6 years of H1 stay although you have 140 approved.

4th attack on Feb 22nd third party work location workers scrutinize memo.
See here

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-strengthens-protections-combat-h-1b-abuses

5th attack on april 19th STEM OPT.
See here

https://www.murthy.com/2018/04/19/uscis-changes-position-on-third-party-placement-of-stem-opt-workers/

6th current attack is on H4 EAD.
See 2nd Page last paragraph

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-04-04 USCIS to CEG - Buy America%2C Hire America update.pdf

7th attack on Visa stamping and POE rejections based on your social media details filled in DS260 (May 9th public comments period). DS160 is different.
See here

https://www.murthy.com/2018/04/25/dos-proposal-to-obtain-visa-applicants-social-media-information/

8th attack would be PERM and I140’s scrutiny. Why you didn’t get Americans. If you see State Work Force Agency site, many Americans have enrolled for the employment. So, why you need foreign employees? Buy American, Hire Americans first. Now a days H1 rejections are based on this data. Let’s say an employer filed H1 extension for Software Developer position in Dallas, then they will get RFE asking many Americans have enrolled for software developer position in Texas state work force agency site and why you want a foreign employee? ofcourse, it’s a valid point.

See here

https://www.uscis.gov/legal-resources/buy-american-hire-american-putting-american-workers-first

For next 5 years most of the temporary workers will leave with various reasons and then they make Priority dates current.

9th attack to scrutinize i485(already in person interviews under process for issuing GC).
See here

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-to-expand-in-person-interview-requirements-for-certain-permanent-residency-applicants

10th attack on N-400 naturalization. Already many cases are pending after last year travel ban. See Texas and other states wait times.

11th attack removing privileges to sponsor GC to their parents by American born kids when they turn 21 years. Most of the Indian parents will majorly get impacted by this. 

See here
https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/011018-Securing-Americas-Future-Act-Final.pdf

They are strictly following on what was written during 90’s in AC21. They are showing that and making temporary workers to depart voluntarily. I support and follow their immigration laws.

Brace for impact. No personal abuse please.

God bless America. Make America great. Long live America.

God bless you (śubham bhūyāt)!

Although murthy is a slimy lawyer who is bad for Indian immigrants don’t give any traffic to her website. The big fraud sulabh Kumar is one more guy who wants donations in the name of protecting h1b but works with itserve(group of Indian employers) who are bad Indian immigrants.

H4EAD issue is because of group named savejobs sued DHS for cancellation. Indians are their own enemies. Infosys replaced all the tech employees of the south California Edison company.

Edited by gattaca

41 minutes ago, gattaca said:

The issue of fake resume is real but there are many reasons I specified also the culprits are the employers(every one is culprit Gujju ,   Telugu and Tamil) because of strict policies of h1b you cannot stay out of job for long. So they force employees to do that. Of course it isn’t mistake of employees as well but they do it because they are afraid of h1b cancellation. I don’t support cheats but feel bad for students who do this because they are forced by employers. Also regarding your colleague some people are just lazy we had a similar guy who got hired but used to browse news websites and not contribute at all. 

You are talking about being on payroll even after termination right? Yes. It is a very very bad situation for them. Because of this they are willing to work in any part of the country even when they are married. There was a time when H1b guys could wait for the right opportunity in the same city where his family lives. Not the case anymore. Either wife or husband leave on a short notice to work in a city 1000 miles away from where they live. Because they cannot be out of status for more than 60 days. Even companies are not that helpful anymore as the company could be targeted by immigration for violation. 

39 minutes ago, gattaca said:

I don’t know how you define good Indians I know people who work for Salesforce got h1bs cancelled. It’s not just contracting even full time got affected. Below is a message friend of forwarded.

1st attack in 130k wage level.

2nd attack on RFE’s regarding Education RFE, speciality occupation RFE, Wage level RFE.

3rd attack on no more extensions after 6 years of H1 stay although you have 140 approved.

4th attack on Feb 22nd third party work location workers scrutinize memo.
See here

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-strengthens-protections-combat-h-1b-abuses

5th attack on april 19th STEM OPT.
See here

https://www.murthy.com/2018/04/19/uscis-changes-position-on-third-party-placement-of-stem-opt-workers/

6th current attack is on H4 EAD.
See 2nd Page last paragraph

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-04-04 USCIS to CEG - Buy America%2C Hire America update.pdf

7th attack on Visa stamping and POE rejections based on your social media details filled in DS260 (May 9th public comments period). DS160 is different.
See here

https://www.murthy.com/2018/04/25/dos-proposal-to-obtain-visa-applicants-social-media-information/

8th attack would be PERM and I140’s scrutiny. Why you didn’t get Americans. If you see State Work Force Agency site, many Americans have enrolled for the employment. So, why you need foreign employees? Buy American, Hire Americans first. Now a days H1 rejections are based on this data. Let’s say an employer filed H1 extension for Software Developer position in Dallas, then they will get RFE asking many Americans have enrolled for software developer position in Texas state work force agency site and why you want a foreign employee? ofcourse, it’s a valid point.

See here

https://www.uscis.gov/legal-resources/buy-american-hire-american-putting-american-workers-first

For next 5 years most of the temporary workers will leave with various reasons and then they make Priority dates current.

9th attack to scrutinize i485(already in person interviews under process for issuing GC).
See here

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-to-expand-in-person-interview-requirements-for-certain-permanent-residency-applicants

10th attack on N-400 naturalization. Already many cases are pending after last year travel ban. See Texas and other states wait times.

11th attack removing privileges to sponsor GC to their parents by American born kids when they turn 21 years. Most of the Indian parents will majorly get impacted by this. 

See here
https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/011018-Securing-Americas-Future-Act-Final.pdf

They are strictly following on what was written during 90’s in AC21. They are showing that and making temporary workers to depart voluntarily. I support and follow their immigration laws.

Brace for impact. No personal abuse please.

God bless America. Make America great. Long live America.

God bless you (śubham bhūyāt)!

Although murthy is a slimy lawyer who is bad for Indian immigrants don’t give any traffic to her website. The big fraud sulabh Kumar is one more guy who wants donations in the name of protecting h1b but works with itserve(group of Indian employers) who are bad Indian immigrants.

Thanks, this was the isharing i was looking for. I read somewhere forgot to save it. 

22 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

You are talking about being on payroll even after termination right? Yes. It is a very very bad situation for them. Because of this they are willing to work in any part of the country even when they are married. There was a time when H1b guys could wait for the right opportunity in the same city where his family lives. Not the case anymore. Either wife or husband leave on a short notice to work in a city 1000 miles away from where they live. Because they cannot be out of status for more than 60 days. Even companies are not that helpful anymore as the company could be targeted by immigration for violation. 

Yes it used to easier earlier now. I know many people who work in different states which are miles apart and meet family on few weekends only.

23 hours ago, gattaca said:

I agree with you .

The employers definitely exploit these students on OPT or looking to get a H1B.

Here is the problem though,these days some of the students coming in take admission in some really shady/low level colleges....some of them are from middle class or lower-middle class back grounds, they take hefty student loans to get here with the American $$$ dreams that is sold to them. Once they get here The reality  that the degrees from these colleges are literally worthless sinks in,

So from day 1 either by choice or by desperation,their goal becomes to earn money ASAP to get out of the debt.

So it is a cycle.....they are themselves to blame but at the same time that doesn't absolve the greedy employers either.