Dowry Calculator !!!

velu

On 6/3/2018 at 5:52 AM, Mariyam said:

As sexist as the thread/ dowry calculator is, what I don't understand is this undying love for engineers (IITians specifically). IIM people too.

GoI massively subsidizes IIT education and the institutes barely give back anything in return to the society. Not commensurately at least. I mean you'd have one odd smart/funny IITian @punjabi_khota, but the vast majority are socially awkward people with a massive chip on their shoulders. Being from IIT should reduce the dowry, if anything.

Mariyam does not like folks from IIT..:phehe:

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

For higher education, loans are easy to get by, and of the loan types, have one of the highest rates of repayment. But that is a totally different discussion

They will just add it to the dowry demand.

The brides father will pay the loan.

Beti ki shaadi..baap ki barbaadi.

I think one whole generation of women in large parts of the country should refuse to marry or marry out of caste into communities that do not have this dowry expectation.

Even if one wants a child....just have one out of wedlock. The law does not discriminate against child out of wedlock. No shaadi...no jhanjhat .

Edited by beetle

Congratulations! "The world is your oyester" and why should it not be? You have worked extremely hard for this day. You are an inspiration for all the prospective grooms toiling towards their dream dowries. Your current Dowry Rate is  3 Crore. Besides, you are assured a lavish wedding, a land property, hefty and expensive jewelry, a fully financed honeymoon amongst other perks. And the list has just started. You have trudged meticulously for this day. Now, is the time to make it count. Each and every rupee. From your in-laws pocket. Bravo!

:two_thumbs_up:

My life is set. Adios muchachos. 

1 hour ago, Scar said:

Congratulations! "The world is your oyester" and why should it not be? You have worked extremely hard for this day. You are an inspiration for all the prospective grooms toiling towards their dream dowries. Your current Dowry Rate is  3 Crore. Besides, you are assured a lavish wedding, a land property, hefty and expensive jewelry, a fully financed honeymoon amongst other perks. And the list has just started. You have trudged meticulously for this day. Now, is the time to make it count. Each and every rupee. From your in-laws pocket. Bravo!

:two_thumbs_up:

My life is set. Adios muchachos. 

Abbe mera bhi 3 crore aaya but mujhe 3 rupay bhi nahi mile :hysterical::questionmark: 

Edited by punjabi_khota

10 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

Abbe mera bhi 3 crore aaya but mujhe 3 rupay bhi nahi mile :hysterical::questionmark: 

I did lot of dhandlebaazi while providing information to get those 3 crore, man!! 

*Me sulking in the corner* 

Congratulations! Your current dowry rate is RupeeFont.png 1 Crore. Besides the cash amount, you are assured a lavish wedding, a land property (given you negotiate your price well), hefty and expensive jewelry, and even a foreign tour with your wife -- all with your in-laws' hard earned money. Hasn't someone correctly said, "The best things in life are free"? Now, you can bask in the glory of your achievements. The day has arrived. All these years of hard work, and investment in education has finally paid off. You have made your parents proud. Bravo!

7 hours ago, dial_100 said:

Dont hold it so tight that he would slip off from your fingers. Trust. Besides itna sach mein chalta hai. Its a light fun and spouses should rather enjoy all the nuances. :two_thumbs_up:

As long as on screen favorites ho to chalta hai....real life mein nahin.:roti:

No one can find a person who does not like a celebrity....woh sharukh khan ho, ya katrina kaif ...ya cricketer ho ya pop star.

Such a person is probably on the way to becoming a saadhu / saadhvi .:p:

Saadhus and saadhvis have their roles...but not in marriage.