Priyanka Chopra gets flak for ‘Hindu terror’ plot in Quantico

Gollum

If it was not PC,  but any other non-Indian actress played the role, then would you be still protesting over it?

Don't you think it is more of an issue of targeting and blaming the Liberals than protesting for the reputation of India?

You say US people are fools. Then what would be the difference for US people if it is PC or any other actress playing this role?

Edited by Alam_dar

If it was not PC,  but any other non-Indian actress played the role, then would you be still protesting over it?

Don't you think it is more of an issue of targeting and blaming the Liberals than protesting for the reputation of India?

You say US people are fools. Then what would be the difference for US people if it is PC or any other actress playing this role?

Yes, if Indians (especially Hindus) are being portrayed as a Terrorists (especially to give clean chit to Pak Muslims) by any other actor in USA or any other country, the protests would’ve been exactly like this. Indians are very touchy about Terrorism related issues and are very proud of being non-violent and assimilated with local culture. Not sure about Paks (if they are portrayed as Terrorists). Don’t your blood boils if portrayed as Terrorists (even in fictions or movies)?

3 hours ago, asterix said:

Yes, if Indians (especially Hindus) are being portrayed as a Terrorists (especially to give clean chit to Pak Muslims) by any other actor in USA or any other country, the protests would’ve been exactly like this. Indians are very touchy about Terrorism related issues and are very proud of being non-violent and assimilated with local culture. Not sure about Paks (if they are portrayed as Terrorists). Don’t your blood boils if portrayed as Terrorists (even in fictions or movies)?

I am personally more attached to individual Human Being (Humanity) than other things like nationality, religion, race or language.  That is why insult of these things don't bother me. But I am offended when the rights of an individual person are usurped in name of religion or nationality. 

I am also of an opinion that people must learn to live with the contrary opinions. 

For example, Muslims also come up with this excuse that criticizing their Prophet hurts their feelings, so they have the right to kill the person in name of blasphemy. 

This nationalistic approach is also going towards blasphemy approach, where boycott is done at moment, and then in next step Cinemas are going to be attacked (like in other film of Padmavati), or protests against films of Aamir Khan etc. 

I am personally more attached to individual Human Being (Humanity) than other things like nationality, religion, race or language.  That is why insult of these things don't bother me. But I am offended when the rights of an individual person are usurped in name of religion or nationality. 

I am also of an opinion that people must learn to live with the contrary opinions. 

For example, Muslims also come up with this excuse that criticizing their Prophet hurts their feelings, so they have the right to kill the person in name of blasphemy. 

This nationalistic approach is also going towards blasphemy approach, where boycott is done at moment, and then in next step Cinemas are going to be attacked (like in other film of Padmavati), or protests against films of Aamir Khan etc. 

What’s the majority Pak public reaction will be if any Pak artist portrays Paks as terrorist in some American “fictional” serial?

Will there be outrage or just “chalta hain, it’s just a work of fiction, they are far from reality”?

55 minutes ago, asterix said:

What’s the majority Pak public reaction will be if any Pak artist portrays Paks as terrorist in some American “fictional” serial?

Will there be outrage or just “chalta hain, it’s just a work of fiction, they are far from reality”?

Pakistan and Pakistanis and Islam and Muslims should not be any STANDARD to be followed. 

Yes, one get offended when other abuses etc. But instead of abusing back, better strategy is to neglect the other and go away. 

If Indians are feeling offended, then for sure they have the ties with hollywood and could make Films where Pakistanis are shown conspiring and terrorism. 

Or make Bollywood movies showing Liberals as terrorists and traitors to India. 

Edited by Alam_dar

Pakistan and Pakistanis and Islam and Muslims should not be any STANDARD to be followed.   

Yes, one get offended when other abuses etc. But instead of abusing back, better strategy is to neglect the other and go away. West

I’m not talking about standards. I see many Paks come here to sermon Indians, what to do and what not. Hence the curiosity.

Indians, Hindus & RW want to just be normal and have some self respect. Instead of taking the burden of being “Liberal” or “Nehruvian Secularism”... We are yet to reach that “Gold Standard”..

So again, I’m asking you... How the Muslims or Paks would’ve reacted if any “fictional” serial or movie had portrayed them as Terrorists by using a Pak actress?

52 minutes ago, asterix said:

I’m not talking about standards. I see many Paks come here to sermon Indians, what to do and what not. Hence the curiosity.

Indians, Hindus & RW want to just be normal and have some self respect. Instead of taking the burden of being “Liberal” or “Nehruvian Secularusm”... We are yet to reach that “Gold Standard”..

So again, I’m asking you... How the Muslims or Paks would’ve reacted if any “fictional” serial or movie had portrayed them as Terrorists by using a Pak actress?

Why fictional? Ask them about how they feel about Malala? Majority are miffed at her for portraying them as Terrorists.

Even then we would have protested.
Just that the issue got magnified by thousand folds because it is played by an actress who pretends to be "patriotic Indian" and Desi Ambassador in US.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

On 6/13/2018 at 12:01 AM, Mariyam said:

Wonder why Amrish Puri never got this kind of hate?

He played some evil shaman character in The Temple of Doom who used to pray to Goddess Kali. He also forced children to work for him and his way of life was generally shown to be quite barbaric. he rips out a guys heart as a part of a sacrificial ritual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjdjDz8jhN4

Was that not attacking our country's reputation?

That movie was banned in India for theatrical release. It was released in Video only. 

I dont think any fictional plot in a drama or a movie can make my image or country's image either. It is made by the people who represent it in a global presence. 

I was just sharing few good things about Meditation and the knowledge that comes from India to few americans. And they had immense respect for the knowledge that comes from this eastern culture. Now these americans go home and watch fictional drama, then they are gonna watch it as a drama and forget it. But the deep knowledge they have learnt about spirituality that has originated from Indian culture will remain with them for rest of their lives.

Now our behavior will decide whether we are idiots who behave like how terrorist will do or we behave like what our culture teaches us. Be nice and peaceful. You cant fool people to believe that certain community is terrorist from a movie/drama. They have quite a lot of indians all across the world to know that Indians could be anything but terrorist. It is not in their blood.

Now go focus on some important stuff guys. PC?? who cares about her.

2 hours ago, dial_100 said:

I dont think any fictional plot in a drama or a movie can make my image or country's image either. It is made by the people who represent it in a global presence. 

I was just sharing few good things about Meditation and the knowledge that comes from India to few americans. And they had immense respect for the knowledge that comes from this eastern culture. Now these americans go home and watch fictional drama, then they are gonna watch it as a drama and forget it. But the deep knowledge they have learnt about spirituality that has originated from Indian culture will remain with them for rest of their lives.

Now our behavior will decide whether we are idiots who behave like how terrorist will do or we behave like what our culture teaches us. Be nice and peaceful. You cant fool people to believe that certain community is terrorist from a movie/drama. They have quite a lot of indians all across the world to know that Indians could be anything but terrorist. It is not in their blood.

Now go focus on some important stuff guys. PC?? who cares about her.

you must be naive to think that TV and cinema does not affect us.  This is the biggest propaganda tool and that trains our mind to think certain way. 

you must be naive to think that TV and cinema does not affect us.  This is the biggest propaganda tool and that trains our mind to think certain way. 

People are taking it as it’s a small issue.

Celebrity chef Atul Kochchar was kicked of JWM hotel contract on this issue.

It was his mistake though as he made an insensitive comment...

But the issue did affect him with consequences...

5 hours ago, asterix said:

Indians, Hindus & RW want to just be normal and have some self respect. Instead of taking the burden of being “Liberal” or “Nehruvian Secularism”... We are yet to reach that “Gold Standard”..

The rest of the Pakistanis that come here are also the supporters of Blasphemy Laws. 

But I don't. 

I have not sermoned here a single thing which I don't believe personally myself.

There are no double standards in my opinion when it comes to Pakistan or India. 

Do I still have to bear the burden of crimes of the rest of the Pakistanis, although I always opposed their wrong-doings?

Do you still see in me the same Pakistani? 

Muslims in Pakistan would have reacted 10 times more brutally. 

And my fears are that Indian society is also going in the same direction as the Pakistanis, instead  of following the standards of the "modern civilized world"

In the modern civilized world, the rights of an individual Human Being are sacred and they are above any nationalism and religion. 

===

The Drama is a fiction. It was a "non-Issue", but has been converted into a "National Crises". 

For me "National Crises" happens then, when the rights of the Human Beings are usurped. 

Western people see such Dramas every day and they are able to distinguish what is reality and what is a fiction. 

And Western people don't have bad opinion about India due to this Drama, but their opinion turns bad when Lynching happens in India, when communal riots happen in India, when they see the Beef ban and killing of people in name of respect of cow (the other side of Muslim Blasphemy law). 

This Drama has not even a 0.0001% effect on the opinions of the Western people. But believe me, when the Western People see the rise of extremist Hindutva Forces in India, then they think 1000s of times bad about India as compared to this Drama, while they are able to differentiate between the fiction and the reality. 

So, what is National Crises? This fictitious Drama ... or the realities on the grounds of India? 

There are many ways of giving answer to the fictitious dramas and films of Hollywood. But reacting upon them, by making them National crises would not be wise. 

Edited by Alam_dar

29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And what do you suggest? If they are doing propaganda then you panic or you stay strong and just refute by your serene approach or by acting like sore losers on public forum? Its their freedom and let them do what they chose to do. I am not totally denying that they is some propaganda. I definitely see that on Indian media. But ignore and prove them wrong in some other way. 

Muslims in Pakistan would have reacted 10 times more brutally. 

And my fears are that Indian society is also going in the same direction as the Pakistanis, instead  of following the standards of the "modern civilized world"

In the modern civilized world, the rights of an individual Human Being are sacred and they are above any nationalism and religion. 

===

The Drama is a fiction. It was a "non-Issue", but has been converted into a "National Crises". 

For me "National Crises" happens then, when the rights of the Human Beings are usurped. 

Western people see such Dramas every day and they are able to distinguish what is reality and what is a fiction. 

And Western people don't have bad opinion about India due to this Drama, but their opinion turns bad when Lynching happens in India, when communal rights happen in India, when they see the Beef ban and killing of people in name of respect of cow (the other side of Muslim Blasphemy law). 

This Drama has not even a 0.0001% effect on the opinions of the Western people. But believe me, when the Western People see the rise of extremist Hindutva Forces in India, then they think 1000s of times bad about India as compared to this Drama, while they are able to differentiate between the fiction and the reality. 

Sorry Bhai... I and many India Hindus don’t want to emulate western standards.. Please excuse us all this high standards. If your country men can emulate them, more power to them...

We Hindus have only one country of ours and we are not targeting any other country.

Please leave us in peace and the lofty ideals of western liberalism which they can afford to...

pray.gif

You carry on preaching your own countrymen. Hope one day you’ll succeed. Good luck... :nice:

On 6/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, jalebi_bhai said:

I read through the dossiers so I'm aware of the amount of evidence we had. What I wanted to specifically understand was the extent to which one could plea plausible deniability; since items can be planted and telephonic conversations can be faked/manufactured. This is not just in relation to 26/11.   

There isn't a specific quantum or type of evidence that will limit the pleading of plausible deniability. It is a case by case thing, also heavily affected by circumstantial evidence.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:41 PM, Gollum said:

'They' refers to the West and more specifically the Western media/entertainment outlets. 

I am more upset because disinformation is being spread about India to a global audience, no denying the fact that American media entertainment has tremendous global following. Many (majority) people get their information from TV shows/movies and a false picture can get ingrained in their minds. After watching '300', many people would be having a negative image of the great Persian Empire/culture/society vis-a-vis the morally superior, fair and glorious Greeks while in reality nothing can be further from the truth. Achaemenid Empire was the greatest empire of the old World and Xerxes was a legendary ruler...Persian society was more just and free, slavery was opposed while slavery was an integral part of the Spartan society. Similarly the portrayal of Hindus in 'The Temple of Doom' was a deliberately mischievous take on our customs, even today many people think that is what Hinduism is about.... what's the problem if one wants to oppose the narrative and get the other side's pov across?

Fair point, but what you and others have done (in this thread at least) is let loose your angst against Priyanka Chopra. The bulk of the comments in social media and/or twitter have been directed at her and not towards the writers/makers of this lame show. Isn't it they who should get the other side's POV?

10 hours ago, dial_100 said:

And what do you suggest? If they are doing propaganda then you panic or you stay strong and just refute by your serene approach or by acting like sore losers on public forum? Its their freedom and let them do what they chose to do. I am not totally denying that they is some propaganda. I definitely see that on Indian media. But ignore and prove them wrong in some other way. 

isnt it our freedom as well to protest? Freedom goes both ways. It is not just their prerogative.