3rd odi, India Vs England on 17 July 2018, Headingley, Leeds,

2 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Spinners are not gonna win you anything in England. Maybe if the top order actually get runs there's a case for getting a wrist spinner but otherwise we need as many runs on the board as possible.

Good spinner do win tests in England, even India in 2002 and of course Warne, Murali or Yasir Shah. Though I guess you don't expect much from Ashwin anyway, good to know.

Just now, sensible-indian said:

Time will tell.

Playing 6 tests in Aussie pattas has ruined his reputation i feel. 

He is nowhere as bad overseas as he is made out to be. 

He did decently in England last time. One full innings and 3 wickets. Other innings just 15 overs and 30 runs for no wicket. 

I believe kuly will outbowl him comfortably,ashwin tries too much and sometimes tries to act oversmart. 

Only thing that can work for ashwin is that England have plenty of lefties .

I have bowled ashwins bowling closely away from home ,he is nothing special !he bowled well in first innings in centurion (bowled leg side crap in the middle part of first session and start of second session) but again failed to make any dent in the second innings when they were there for the taking .

All said I don't mind ashwin playing ahead of kuly because of the leftie factor and the fact that he deserves a proper chance in England

Raina last time scored a century was in 2014 before that way back in 2009.So in last 9-10 years he has scored only 2 centuries.Its not like he has not come before 20 overs more oftenly..His overs are not needed,Krunal or someone else even that Rajasthan Royals guy qho manhandled Bumrah is way better than this washed out one

Edited by Suhaan
Just now, adi B said:

I believe kuly will outbowl him comfortably,ashwin tries too much and sometimes tries to act oversmart. 

Only thing that can work for ashwin is that England have plenty of lefties .

I have bowled ashwins bowling closely away from home ,he is nothing special !he bowled well in first innings in centurion (bowled leg side crap in the middle part of first session and start of second session) but again failed to make any dent in the second innings when they were there for the taking .

All said I don't mind ashwin playing ahead of kuly because of the leftie factor and the fact that he deserves a proper chance in England

I dont mind Kuly at all. But Kuly comes with great risks and rewards. Picking 2 spinners Ash/Jaddu amd Kuly is safer. 

I would go with Ash and Jaddu. Thry complement each other perfectly. 

We need to let all 3 bowl in warm ups tho.