At Oval, should Pujara-Shaw open?

zen

Opening pair  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should we open with Shaw and Pujara

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2018 at 04:00 AM

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Reactions are not restricted to fans on cricket forums.

Top cricketers and journalists talk / write / tweet  similar things too.  

And this puts unnecessary pressure on the young-uns ... and sometimes influences selections as captains and coaches read the same.

True. But I hope that they understand the situation as we are looking to groom talented young players 

5 hours ago, sandsaims said:

Both Dhawan and KL have been useless but KL's catching has been a positive, i would open with SHaw and KL.

I understand our slip cordon is pretty average without KL but that is no reason to retain him considering his batting performances over last six overseas tests. Needs to be booted out to be given a reality check so that he can come back stronger.

Vihari deserves Chances . He does not play IPL and has highest first class average in the world currently. So shaw and vihari need a look in. Else we are conveying a very wrong message to youngsters that ranji performances doht matter.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:01 PM, zen said:

Rahul is relatively far more experienced at international level .... not apples to apples 

Rahul is almost a total newbie in the overseas test arena (in fact this is his first full series)- still people demoting him to no.6 etc. I thought overseas tests was the main area of concern. We shouldn't have any problems finding suitable openers in India. Also minor tweaks is understandable but his back foot problem is a fundamental flaw. 

Rahul by showing his slips catching has probably bought himself more time. Fine to try shaw since the series is dead but if you want to properly decide on Dhawan and Rahul then play both, if they fail there can be no excuses for them anymore, if they make runs then they buy themselves more time.

i’d probably go with rahul for the slip catching and shaw, but Dhawan has been better than Rahul with the bat this series so it’s a bit harsh on him. dhawan and rahul have pretty similar experience in tests.

Edited by gazza

No. KL needs to be persisted with. Drop Dhawan. He is incorrigible. Shaw and KL needs to be persisted with. I know KL is super low on confidence, but will come good soon if he can correct his mistakes. He needs to work on it big time and keep the girls and  modeling thing out for a few months.

Rahul-Shaw should open. Rahul needs one full series, given his slip fielding revelation, he can be tried even in Aus.
 Dhawan can go home now.  If he doesn't have good technique after 5 years, he will never get it. Investment in Dhawan is a waste. Can't bat, can't field. He is there only for thigh claps only.

Edited by coffee_rules