Shocking: Rahul dropped again...Rayudu will bat at 3

Austin 3:!6

Rahul played really well for his 60.  Especially in the backdrop of him warming the benches for 4 matches.

When a batter is being unfairly kept out of the team in a particular format ,  there is no better attention grabber than a century in that format.

He missed that opportunity today.

Got out playing an unnecessary risky shot,  and he has done this quite a few times in his career.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I am sure if dhoni or kohli were captain, India would have gone with the same playing eleven. Rohit is not as allergic to NEWBIES as the other two.

I don't think KL would have ever been dropped if Dhoni was captain, Infact any captain but for Virat players like KL where always backed. All these guys had their favs when it came to marginal calls, but not with players who pick themselves. 

48 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rahul played really well for his 60.  Especially in the backdrop of him warming the benches for 4 matches.

When a batter is being unfairly kept out of the team in a particular format ,  there is no better attention grabber than a century in that format.

He missed that opportunity today.

Got out playing an unnecessary risky shot,  and he has done this quite a few times in his career.

I don't think he was his usual fluent self, played pretty cautiously. Give this guy a long run he will give us starts we haven't had since sehwag retired. 

27 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I don't think he was his usual fluent self, played pretty cautiously. Give this guy a long run he will give us starts we haven't had since sehwag retired. 

I agree.  If I were the captain, I would tell Rahul that he will play the next 20 ODIs and encourage him to perform without worry ...  from 2017 itself.

But, that has not happened and is still not happening.  

Indian cricket is sadly about scoring 100s primarily.  As he is being treated unfairly in ODIs ... the only way left to him is to score a century in one of the occasional chances he gets.  No other practical way out.  

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

And again

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Who should he have replaced among Rayudu/Karthik.      Jadhav is here for bowling too and MSD is the wk batsman. 

Rayudu did as well as Rahul in the last match and Karthik seems to be on a upward curve. 

Rahul is not dropped in a strict sense. He just came up last match to fill in a backup spot and now he is back in the dressing room. That's all. 

Edited by sarcastic