Rohit Sharma’s captaincy talk of the town now; responsibility made him better batsman: Sunil Gavaskar

Switchblade

2 hours ago, Switchblade said:

He then drew comparisons between Rohit and Lloyd. Gavaskar noted that the former hides his emotions well. Hence, he went on to add that it doesn’t put any added pressure on someone who has dropped a catch or misfielded.

“India’s skipper Rohit Sharma is doing the Clive Lloyd thing by hiding his emotions as he smiles and turns back to his fielding position. This does not put any pressure on the person who dropped the catch or misfielded and makes him want to give an extra effort,”

This is correct. 100%. Its not easy to hide emotions but at the same time, a player who has dropped catch , simply feels the weight of dropping atleast for couple of overs after the drop

12 minutes ago, beetle said:

Nah...some of them giggle and smile.

Not joking, Thats the best way to relieve the pressure of catch drop.my team allways have 9-10 English blokes in side. Since I play as bower,  I allways get opportunity to see some catch drop off my bowling. Now my "wicket keeper ( English man who is primary school teacher)" does the work for me by swearing "Behnchoooo" and me giving a smile to the fielder in question.

But I know, every match, the fielder in question come and apologise personally. Internationals wont be any different

Edited by mishra

Such a *ing stupid theories going on here ?? If Kohli wants He can kick out Rohit from the team !! Who is Rohit infront of Kohli?? He not even 50% batsman Kohli is, It is another thing to captain strong teams compare the weak teams Rohit gets to captain. Rohit can get angry who cares ?? If he cared that much He would had practice hard to be better batsman  not flat track bully 

Rohit fans can write any rubbish they want or can write many conspiracy theories He can't never get captaincy till Kohli  himself resigns !! Just always be jealous of Kohli's fame and success 

Such a *ing stupid theories going on here ?? If Kohli wants He can kick out Rohit from the team !! Who is Rohit infront of Kohli?? He not even 50% batsman Kohli is, It is another thing to captain strong teams compare the weak teams Rohit gets to captain. Rohit can get angry who cares ?? If he cared that much He would had practice hard to be better batsman  not flat track bully 

Rohit fans can write any rubbish they want or can write many conspiracy theories He can't never get captaincy till Kohli  himself resigns !! Just always be jealous of Kohli's fame and success 
I'm not a Rohit fan-I don't even like him much LMAOO.
I've said what I've heard from reputed people working in the sports management industry and wrote completely

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I'm not a Rohit fan-I don't even like him much LMAOO.
I've said what I've heard from reputed people working in the sports management industry and wrote completely

It also heard so many unfaltering things about Rohit from reputed people working in the sports management industry!!

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Which tournament has Kohli failed other than losing CT finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kohli as a skipper hasnt won any tourney. I make assement based on process. Kohli is allways running to MSD and gets brain freeze. Its simply down to not understanding opponents weakness, assessing condition.

If you see match thread between India and HK, There was a small period where MSD took over. And I was critical of Rohit Ji. But next game on, Rohit has led from front.

I wont be surprised if we see early wickets and make the final win against Bongs look like a walk in park. Difference between us and rest is massive. All we need is do some homework, have cricketing brain and select a playing 11 which can execute the plan

Edited by mishra
Kohli as a skipper hasnt won any tourney. I make assement based on process. Kohli is allways running to MSD and gets brain freeze. Its simply down to not understanding opponents weakness, assessing condition.
If you see match thread between India and HK, There was a small period where MSD took over. And I was critical of Rohit Ji. But next game on, Rohit has led from front.
I wont be surprised if we see early wickets and make the final win against Bongs look like a walk in park. Difference between us and rest is massive. All we need is do some homework, have cricketing brain and select a playing 11 which can execute the plan

Rohit has good brains but I guess Dhoni is still the biggest brain in the team.

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Rohit has good brains but I guess Dhoni is still the biggest brain in the team.

He is a class and plays like a Grand Master Chess Champion when the clock is ticking i.e. in limited overs cricket. But he doesnt have any mooves in test arena when requirement is to pick 20 wickets.

He is a class and plays like a Grand Master Chess Champion when the clock is ticking i.e. in limited overs cricket. But he doesnt have any mooves in test arena when requirement is to pick 20 wickets.
The good thing about Rohit is that he doesn't have much power right now - basically he has someone to answer

When Kohli didn't have much power - he was a more than Decent test captain too

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

The good thing about Rohit is that he doesn't have much power right now - basically he has someone to answer

When Kohli didn't have much power - he was a more than Decent test captain too

This is exact reason why I say, Kohli should resign. I have mentioned this earlier too. If someone else is captain, and say a players name comes for favour, Then Kohli can allways make excuse that he is not captain, And the actual captain can make a excuse that there are others like Kohli who are watching him and hence, he cant give the favour.

That way, the captain and Kohli, both can do the right thing without hurting their own social circle.

This is exact reason why I say, Kohli should resign. I have mentioned this earlier too. If someone else is captain, and say a players name comes for favour, Then Kohli can allways make excuse that he is not captain, And the actual captain can make a excuse that there are others like Kohli who are watching him and hence, he cant give the favour.

That way, the captain and Kohli, both can do the right thing without hurting their own social circle.
Kohli's biggest problem is he loves that Captain tag .
He wants to be Sachin and Sourav both.
Waise nahi hote

Plus he takes over wherever he has power.
He's a *

22 hours ago, lunigirly said:

First thing first. Rohit has to pass yo yo test though :whack3:

22 hours ago, lunigirly said:

Agree if kohli wants he can finish his career in seconds and no would even care about it. Kohli till he decides to be captain no one can touch him not even bcci chairman. With all the fame and aura he has if BCCI even dares to remove him as captain then all the TRP of sports television would fall badly. This is kind of power he has earned through his performance but he need to know how to use it in right way too. The way anil kumble saga was handled i am still angry about it.

Edited by Nikola