BCCI vs PCB at the ICC Disputes Resolution Committee, Is the decision fixed to screw BCCI?

14 minutes ago, zen said:

Have PCB thugs been kicked out by ICC?

Salman Bhai have done his bit along with media going gaga. But the way I see it. He has simply said to ICC what condition GoI may not allow a series. That AS SHOLE conveniently avoided to confirm/deny if GoI has/has not allowed BCCI to play with Padosis.

So Still, Its PCB winning.

Though PCB is acting like a beggar board, BCCI is at fault here as well. Sreenivasan in an attempt to form big 3, given an MOU agreement to PCB that they would play bilaterals and once the purpose is achieved, they shown middle finger to PCB. They hv all the right to get angry. BCCI should hv consulted govt even before signing the MOU.

Also, Indian govt stance on Indo-Pak cricket is not consistent at all. As Gambhir rightly pointed out, either you completely ban cricket with them or play all series. When ICC events/Asia cup etc. comes, we hv no problem in playing them. Our media goes absolutely gaga, inviting ex Pak cricketers in shows, Mamta Banerjee felicitating ex Pak cricketers in Eden gardens etc. But as soon as bilateral series comes, we suddenly turn patriotic and think about our soldiers etc. LMAO

If anyone thinks BCCI dont play bilaterals with Pak thinking about our soldiers are dillusional. They will play with Pak as soon as they sees profit, like 2012 aane do series. BCCI also agreed to play bilaterals with Pak in 2016 in SriLanka but PCB declined that offer. Actually we Indian public are very easy to fool.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

As Gambhir rightly pointed out, either you completely ban cricket with them or play all series. When ICC events/Asia cup etc. comes, we hv no problem in playing them. Our media goes absolutely gaga, inviting ex Pak cricketers in shows, Mamta Banerjee felicitating ex Pak cricketers in Eden gardens etc. But as soon as bilateral series comes, we suddenly turn patriotic and think about our soldiers etc.

yup

thats very consistent.

Play Pak in ICC events or ACC events - have a chance to progress in the events. Dont play them in bilaterals which are within our control so that we put pressure on all possible fronts, small as it may be sport also plays a role.

No lack of consistency in govt position.

yup

thats very consistent.

Play Pak in ICC events or ACC events - have a chance to progress in the events. Dont play them in bilaterals which are within our control so that we put pressure on all possible fronts, small as it may be sport also plays a role.

No lack of consistency in govt position.
Are you saying just to progress in the tournament, we can forget our soldiers? Why cant BCCI make a simple request to ICC that keep Ind and Pak in seperate groups? India hv enough clout in ICC to make it happen. But from 2011, all ICC events are scheduled in a way that Ind-Pak atleast once. Bcoz it generates money.

It also dont end here. BCCI also says no Pak players in IPL but they can hire Wasim/Waqar etc for coach.

Look I am a very patriotic Indian too but I am amused how can no one sees open hypicracy of BCCI here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

BCCI also says no Pak players in IPL but they can hire Wasim/Waqar etc for coach.

basically shah rukh khan wants some pakistanis in his side, he sees them as a market and since he has his roots there he wants to give back - you can not stop free enterprise right that will have other implications - say some congress mouthpiece will cry foul -- if govt says dont have pakistani coaches etc ( folks who have since moved away from pak domicile )

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Salman Bhai have done his bit along with media going gaga. But the way I see it. He has simply said to ICC what condition GoI may not allow a series. That AS SHOLE conveniently avoided to confirm/deny if GoI has/has not allowed BCCI to play with Padosis.

So Still, Its PCB winning.

You are letting your personal prejudice affect your thinking.  It doesn't really matter what "Salman bhai" said or didnt say. 

The panel could claim that government 'interference' in sports issues is not allowed, and side with PCB regardless of what he said.  

Notice how you go on the rampage without having any proper information of what he said, what he was asked etc, giving a negative spin and interpretation to an article that is claiming him as a 'trump card'.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

You are letting your personal prejudice affect your thinking.  It doesn't really matter what "Salman bhai" said or didnt say. 

The panel could claim that government 'interference' in sports issues is not allowed, and side with PCB regardless of what he said.  

Notice how you go on the rampage without having any proper information of what he said, what he was asked etc, giving a negative spin and interpretation to an article that is claiming him as a 'trump card'.  

I read all his +ve media stuff and I dont buy media **** that easy. I read what was in report. Not what reporter/headline makes. If i was to go by headlines, BCCI has allready won it.

I was looking for question " Did he confirm/deny Government position?"

How can a business operating in India go against Government position?

Also just fyi, You can clearly see what is happening. BCCI hires lwyers from Dubai based firm. PCB hires lawyers with fees around $1Mill. Not bothered to cite the evidence as its allready somewhere on some Pakistani news site. Now who you think would have got "better lawyers to argue" the case.

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

The panel could claim that government 'interference' in sports issues is not allowed,

Sandeep its not possible for a panel setup by a non governmental societal body that runs a private franchise sport globally to challenge a national government with interference.  They can say that BCCI is wrong but i am hard pressed to agree that they can make 70 milll $ as a levy on an Indian body -- meaning tax them and move the funds to a pakistani body - no matter what the letter or mou is taken as in UK laws. Questions on where the letter was signed etc come into picture was it UAE then why does UK have any locus standi in this ?  this is not an open and shut case. 

Worse case scenario, CoA will force BCCI to accept the ruling without consulting GoI. Now 70 mill may not go to PCB directly from BCCI account but it can still reach via facilators ICC.

example. ICC fines BCCI for say certain amount for allegedly breaching the contract. BCCI doesnt go some real legail rote and pays ICC. Then ICC awards that booty to PCB in some form of payment from ICC.

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Worse case scenario, CoA will force BCCI to accept the ruling without consulting GoI. Now 70 mill may not go to PCB directly from BCCI account but it can still reach via facilators ICC.

example. ICC fines BCCI for say certain amount for allegedly breaching the contract. BCCI doesnt go some real legail rote and pays ICC. Then ICC awards that booty to PCB in some form of payment from ICC.

GOI pins ICC down for laundering money to pak..freezes all indian assets. I would really like to see ICC try.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

Sandeep its not possible for a panel setup by a non governmental societal body that runs a private franchise sport globally to challenge a national government with interference.  They can say that BCCI is wrong but i am hard pressed to agree that they can make 70 milll $ as a levy on an Indian body -- meaning tax them and move the funds to a pakistani body - no matter what the letter or mou is taken as in UK laws. Questions on where the letter was signed etc come into picture was it UAE then why does UK have any locus standi in this ?  this is not an open and shut case. 

Are you aware that FIFA bans football federations if they decide that there is too much government interference?  

Bottomline, BCCI by virtue of membership of the ICC, has agreed to to abide by the rules and policies of the ICC.  And will have to accept this farce of a verdict that can't be appealed.  

6 hours ago, mishra said:

ICC can simply re-direct the money from BCCI share of ICC revenue.  There are umpteen 'legal' ways to do it.  Question is of will.  And unfortunately, while the BCCI was busy fighting internal battles, it has lost a major battle at the ICC.  One that has impact beyond this 'verdict', regardless of what it is.