Rahul's honeymoon period is over in tests

zen

34 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

If selectors had brain they would have asked him to play domestic cricket and see if he develops ability to bat long innings required for tests.Must have missed lot of matches in domestic?

KL cannot afford to fail more. It would be better for him to come back when he sorts out his weaknesses (found out vs incoming balls) and strikes good form where he can be consistent 

36 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

If selectors had brain they would have asked him to play domestic cricket and see if he develops ability to bat long innings required for tests.Must have missed lot of matches in domestic?

He hasn't played any domestic cricket for over a year . Hes clueless these days , but being picked for LOI teams and not getting games would not have helped . Hes mostly spent the last 12 months on the bench between playing these test matches . 

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

He hasn't played any domestic cricket for over a year . Hes clueless these days , but being picked for LOI teams and not getting games would not have helped . Hes mostly spent the last 12 months on the bench between playing these test matches . 

Well i meant if he had been sacked before this tour he could have played domestic matches. Doing so there would be more chances for him to stay on wicket longer due to lesser bowlers. Now probably just few matches are remaining in Ranji and the opportunity to let him bat longer in match situation is lost.

14 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Well i meant if he had been sacked before this tour he could have played domestic matches. Doing so there would be more chances for him to stay on wicket longer due to lesser bowlers. Now probably just few matches are remaining in Ranji and the opportunity to let him bat longer in match situation is lost.

agreed . 

The point I was making is about match practice . In last 6-8 months hes hardly had any , even compared to likes of Vihari , Pandey , Nair , Shaw etc who are either playing for State/A team when not in the Indian team , KL has been warming the bench for ODI side where hes hardly played a match . 

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

agreed . 

The point I was making is about match practice . In last 6-8 months hes hardly had any , even compared to likes of Vihari , Pandey , Nair , Shaw etc who are either playing for State/A team when not in the Indian team , KL has been warming the bench for ODI side where hes hardly played a match . 

I feel we need to start releasing players for domestic matches in case they are not playing the next international match, something which few countries already do.