Top 5 captains with most innings defeat in tests

CSK Fan

2 hours ago, zen said:

This post is about how we do our stats (not the debate here so sorry for being off-topic) I do not like how many in Ind do their "stats". Where the focus in on quantity. It should be both quantity and quality. After the number for minimum number of games is considered (to account for variables), the rank should be based on percentages. From the list posted here, the minimum number of games played is 10. The ranking is as following (worst to best):

image.png.351a21e5945ba4377c70f2df674e9925.png

:bow:

Wow such elite company. You do realize Dhoni's competition is not with the ones on the list but the ones not on the list? 

8 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Wow such elite company. You do realize Dhoni's competition is not with the ones on the list but the ones not on the list? 

I do, and this reflects badly on Ind as a team as well .... But we have to see how many not on list have captained in 50 or more tests. From those listed in OP, Hussain (45 tests), R'tunga and Dhoni are the only ones with around 50 or more tests. If teams on avg play 7 tests per year (Eng probably plays more tests per year than other teams), 50 tests would equate to 7 years or more as captain 

In support of your point, BD is a minnow. SL under R'tunga was not a major force in tests from what I recall apart from a few good years, so basically it is Eng vs Ind (based on info presented here)

Edited by zen
1 minute ago, UnknownGenius said:

Seems to be a very big Dhoni fan.  just like my #1 fan laloo. Follows my every post like a good dog

nah , dhoni fans trolled him for a decade ( he  was a troll magnet .. he is a troll magnet .. he will be a troll magnet ) ..

now he came back to take revenge on them :phehe:

Lets see

of all test captains from India in terms of win %

Dhoni is at around 45% better than Ganguly at 42 and 3 points shy of Clive Lloyd.

Kohli is 56%  Ponting and Steve Waugh were better thats it. 

Capture.JPG.078a2628bcaf5cb6b41df9f0df9717b6.JPG

Dravid is poor at 32.

Sachin is the second worst at 16 below him is Kapil at 12. - Darren sammy does better than them.

1742134016_Capture2.JPG.1425ff7db25d8684ad0671a356cfbcee.JPG

Dhonis problem is loss percentage of 30% only Sachin does worse at 36%.

Edited by Vilander